It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increase in prediction/SHTF threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting really annoyed at the increase in threads where people say that things are going to hit the fan or their buddy had a dream about it or they were able to "predict" it.

Please, just stop with this nonsense! The more you wish for things to hit the fan, the more likely that it will happen and you will be sorry!

This place is starting to resemble another (less) reputable conspiracy site that has been overrun by people with the mind and logic of a teenager.

We're all adults here. Let's stop spreading doom and start spreading optimism. We cannot ever hope to rise out of this darkness until we change the way we look at it!
edit on 31-10-2010 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Doom and Gloom ... and sex ... sell.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

There's no arguing with that.

I'm sure that I'm not alone in wishing that this site was more "adult" in nature (less predictive crap, more sane and logical adult discussion).

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I've been here for awhile and this is what I've noticed; ATS has attracted a lot of more conservative members and they tend to listen to Rush, Sean, Beck, Savage and who generally view the country in a negative light, preying on the fears and emotions rather than rationality and logic to further their political agenda.

So naturally when your mindset has been programed by repeated doses of fear it is going to be reflected in your threads and posts.

Fear and hatred are marketing tools used to attract those that are psychologically hardwired to the negative thus the preponderance of doom and gloom both politically and cosmologically.

edit on 31-10-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I think I know what conspiracy site you speak of,half the planets isps are banned there it once had some very good posters however management purged them from the site its now a residence for nutters such as 300lb Vegas whores who think they're the reincarnation of the biblical eve and retards with mastabation and fecal matter fetishes,its supposedly a Tavistock operation in which case I wonder about the future of human programming and experimentation achieving retards worldwide.The prediction stuff is gonna get worse as we head to 2012,but just like the last time this stuff went through the roof other than book sales and survival equipment sales nothings gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This is 100% true. I really don't know what to make of it except to ignore it most of the time.

I would think that kind of political muckraking would fit more with Redstate (is that site still around?) or dare I say, Stormfront.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

It's election time in the US and this always brings out the paranoia and hyperbole. Add that to the whole 2012 movement, a failed economy on nearly a global scale, and 24 hour negativity based MSM news and you've got the prime recipe for a ton of this sort of knee-jerk, over reactionary posting.

Let the elections pass and I think we'll see a reduction of this back to the acceptable level of just a few threads per day telling us that we're all doomed.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

We'll see if you're correct or not.

Even if we are doomed, that doesn't mean we can't PARTY AT GROUND ZERO (no, not the one in NYC)!

top topics

join