It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Debt soars after Reagan attempted assassination/ iran contra..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
debt for reagans first 4 years was positive until the year he was attempted to be assainated...

Then in 1986 debt came back to 2 trillion .. the iran contra affair happend we also interfered with libyan terrorists and Bombed tripoli

in an effort to cover up some news regarding the contra affair much of this was political propaganda to take the publics eyes away from the real issues.

And that issue is most likely that in order to take care of loose ends due to iran contra they had to pay off a lot of people.

It seems to me the assination attempt was a way of getting reagan to go along with spending the money that was in the budget for things not needed/ illegal i would like to hear from anyone who knows a bit more of the era who could possibly add more insight to this idea.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by j4k312
debt for reagans first 4 years was positive until the year he was attempted to be assainated...

I think you've got the time line messed up:

The Reagan assassination attempt occurred on Monday, March 30, 1981, just 69 days into the presidency of Ronald Reagan.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ugh it appears i indeed do have the timeline messed up Somehow i managed to confuse that... kinds of a big woops there.. go ahead and delete this thread as i aparrently need to do more research at this point.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by j4k312

FYI - Congress controls all spending and appropriation bills...

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Reagan attempted assass.........

Was a distraction..........

top topics

join