It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Debates discussion thread

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

It's clear you could use a little more help in that regard!

You would think as a moderator of the Debate Forum you would be more appreciative of my sterling efforts to gain it attention and prestige...

Pfft!

By the way, lest there be any misunderstanding that's the only reason I volunteered the huge amount of time it takes to take part in the debates, to highlight the forum and to get other members aware of it, and to want to participate in it.

I made it clear when I signed up, that I was participating for that reason alone.

So yes Proto made it clear to friends and foe alike that I am.

Personally I think I did a great job at that, I don't think a debate has ever gotten that much attention.

No need to thank me, it's all in a day's work for Proto, well actually a couple of day's work for proto, well maybe a few day's work for proto!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Do you have a habit of misreading my inflection?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So...is anyone around?

Debates...not judged yet...makes me nervous...or just a might impatient...

As far as Smack Talk goes...Yeah! Down with Jefferson High!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Personally I think I did a great job at that, I don't think a debate has ever gotten that much attention.

Gawd...I have must just be that guy who argues everything...

Our debate is actually number three in terms of flags...

Numero Uno?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh...the nostalgia was fun though...there are some great debates in the forum history...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

need somebody to hold your hand?

yeah down with jefferson high or what ever

btw. proto: are you sending checks to people to pay attention to threads you are involved?
just wondering

anybody interested that we got tons of snow and are freezing our behinds?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

you are a man who has something to say
that.s not bad

no girl wants to have a guy on her couch just "uhmm yeah" and maybe "hand me the beer babe"

congrats!

Numero Uno?

Oh...the nostalgia was fun though...there are some great debates in the forum history...

amen brother
nothing more to add
fantastic times the good old times
miss them

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Might we be getting to that stage where the debates are held off till next year?

Judging and such seems that it might last through Christmas, and I can imagine more people dropping out? I'll be fine if I have to write some stuff in December, but maybe if others are a bit pressed it might be best to reconvene in January?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Numero Uno?

It would have been number one if vagabond hand't closed the thread! It should have picked up about a 100 plus flags off the U2U's I sent out.

Oh well, his loss!

It was a fun debate though, very challenging.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Someone told me once that absurdity is the key to happiness ...

... he was the tallest man I ever met.

edit on 3 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

You're still a super hot female...

I am going to hell for sure...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I would like to take this opportunity to congradulate Memoryshock on his superb victory in our round two debate and thank him for the most challenging debate. It was a most deserving win, and I wish him all the luck in the next round.

Thanks my friend, it was truly a lot of fun.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Congrats to all of those who won. I think everyone did a fantastic job, to include my opponent Skyfloating. I couldn't have asked for a more challenging opponent and better sport for my first debate (technically it wasn't my first, though my first opponent forfeited after the opening post). I would love to one day argue the same topic with Skyfloating, though with opposite propositions, if he's up for it. Anyway, I am looking forward to round 3!

--airspoon
edit on 7-12-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
One more props to Protoplasmic Traveler...thanks again for the rhetorical exercise...

I didn't call you sexist once!

Seriously, I hope you continue with these debates in the future and that you don't become a stranger all of a sudden...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Oh thank god ... and there I thought that with their debate over Mem and Proto were going to cease their seduction dance.

Btw, congrats and thanks to all the fighters on an excellent and informative round of debates.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

One more props to Protoplasmic Traveler...thanks again for the rhetorical exercise...

You are very welcome my friend, not only did I get a chance to engage a highly respected and formidble member in a challenging debate, but to learn some new things through the research I conducted to better understand your arguments and frame my own. It's always a win when you learn something new.

I didn't call you sexist once!

I actually am an unabashed sexist!

Seriously, I hope you continue with these debates in the future and that you don't become a stranger all of a sudden...

I did my level best to promote the debates, even sending an invitation to all my friends and foes alike here on ATS to read ours. I think it's an important aspect of the site, one that if fully utilized could really increase the quality of the arguments and information being put forward by the members. I sure hope more people will get involved in this great aspect of ATS!

While my future participation in all things is generally at the discretion of local, state, federal, and international law enforcement, if at all possible "knock on wood" proto shall be back in the debate forums some day or in 10-20, which ever comes first!

Good luck in the next round to you and all the other participants.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a bit quiet in here?

anybody fish?

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join