It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen to The Goddess of Ur Genome Project?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
In light of Mr. Sitchen's passing, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the current status of this worthwhile endeavor or is aware of who will be 'taking up the flag' now that Mr. Sitchin is with us nolonger.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Correction to above: 'Mr. Sitchin'.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Goddess of Ur Genome Project? I haven't heard about this one. Do you have any links to any articles that I could read?
edit on 10/25/2010 by cloudwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here is a bit about his last project:
www.innertraditions.com... petitionreply to post by cloudwatcher

-TAT

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
interesting I say do it and it will be discovered that they are fully human but possibly of a line of ancestry that no longer exists ,like what they discovered on the Icemans remains

it says in all the ancient texts that the foreign DNA is not present in modern humans after the flood and a few centuries of Genocide post flood

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

It should come as no surprise that I think this is an utterly useless exercise. Sitchin’s theories wouldn’t be at stake if these tests were run. His theories collapse on their own since none of what he claims is in the Sumerian texts about extraterrestrials is there.

Snip

But even if Sitchin’s arguments weren’t vacuous, what about the testing? Think about it. Sitchin wants scientists to go find alien DNA or alien genes. Tell me, Mr. Sitchin, what would that DNA look like? Since we don’t have an example or control sample of alien DNA or an alien DNA sequence portion, we have no idea what it would look like or how to observe a match from Puabi. Sitchin’s demand is akin to demanding a zoologist to go find an animal that has never been seen — how would our zoologist know if he was looking at one. The demand is utterly pointless.

Ten years after first accepting the public challenge to debate Zecharia Sitchin on this stuff (a challenge Sitchin never accepted), I’m still amazed by how people can cling so tenaciously to ideas that are demonstrably wrong. It’s positively mystifying.

Source: Paleobabble - Michael Heiser

There never was any point at all in Sitchin's "demand" for DNA testing.

Anyway, the DNA of Sumer has been collected and tested in the past.

What, exactly, could possibly be found that would indicate in any way any alien heritage?

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Egytologist have been conducting DNA mapping of the Pharaoh's DNA for years. Why wouldn't they have already done these tests in order to find out the possible connections to other regions in Ancient times? One of the first tests they ran on the Iceman was DNA. The fact that no DNA tests have been run doesn't make much sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws
Egytologist have been conducting DNA mapping of the Pharaoh's DNA for years. Why wouldn't they have already done these tests in order to find out the possible connections to other regions in Ancient times? One of the first tests they ran on the Iceman was DNA. The fact that no DNA tests have been run doesn't make much sense.

They have.

It's in Spanish, though.

Harte

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I don't see where they name this specific person. Just that they tested "115 individuals and 17 different archaeological sites from Middle East and the Iberian Peninsula." If the test has been done, then why not just turn over the results to this guy? Charge him a fee or something? Easy-peasy no controversy.

ABSTRACT

The origins of the European populations have been extensively studied from different disciplines. It is thought that ancient demic expansions, like those occurred after the Late Glacial Maximum or during the neolithic diffussion from Middle East to Europe.

The possibility to recover DNA from past populations offers an unique opportunity to test in situ these hypothesis.

It were analyzed 197 teeth and bones from 115 individuals and 17 different archaeological sites from Middle East and the Iberian Peninsula .

It was possible to recover 244pb-mitochondrial DNA sequences from 35 different individuals. They were compared to sequences from 38 European, African and Middle Eastern present-day populations.

Phylogenetic reconstructions from Reynolds genetic distance showed that ancient samples clustered together, clearly separated from extant populations. However, phylogenetic reconstructions based on ancient and modern haplotypes showed that ancient mitochondrial haplotypes are related to extant ones.

Haplotype and haplogroup frequencies in the ancient samples from Middle East and the Iberian Peninsula are clearly different from those present nowadays in the same geographical regions.

Haplogroups related to neolithic expansion to Europe –J, U3, W and X- are absent in ancient middle eastern sample. There are two possible explanations to this fact. First, it could be possible that the ancient samples analyzed won’t be representative of the Middle Eastern populations that expanded the neolithic. Second, it could be also possible that those haplogroups won’t have been introduzed in Europe with demic expansions associated to neolithic.

At this work it were also examined several technical aspects related to the obtention of genuine ancient DNA and the influence of different variables in DNA preservation.

edit on 31-10-2010 by SunshineLaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Nevertheless, these particular two mummies have never had ancient DNA testing performed upon them due to the modern science's previous lack of this ability in the recent past and the substancial costs involved in actually performing them today. To date, the museum has apparently been resistant to Mr. Sitchin's ongoing requests and lobbying for these tests to be performed.

I spent a good deal of time speaking (in person and on the phone) with Zecharia this past summer and was very moved by this man's passion and clarity where describing the necessity of these tests was concerned.
I remember him saying that he was willing to put everything he had behind this effort, including his remaining time, energy and financial wherewith all. Sadly, Mr. Sitchin was admitted to the hospital shortly after our discussions in June and I never heard from him again.

This fascinating man,...as well as his passionate dedication towards seeing that these tests would eventually take place, was, to me, as inspiring as it was convincing. My hope is that this effort will not lose any of it's momentum in lieu of this great man's recent and unfortunate passing.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I guess if the DNA was somehow different from normal Earthly DNA that would make it alien...

It doesn't make sense to say that we would have to have alien DNA already to determine if other DNA is alien... how would we determine that the first DNA sample was alien? And the one before that? Just different I would guess.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thanks for the links. I find this kind of stuff fascinating. Sitchin, in my opinion, was a great scholar, archeologist, as well as an inspiration for many. I know there are many people out there that don't give him the credibility he is owed. While on my individual journey to educate myself however his works directed and influenced my paths of study. The world is now a poorer place since his passing.

Having said this, I don't understand why the great mystery? Why not just oblige the public? Is there something to hide?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

CW,
I am afraid I have been asking myself the same question; I wish I knew the answer.
-TAT

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Even more odd(In regards of the two posts above); In 2003 The Tomb of Gilgamesh, one of the Kings of Sumer, was found, located in the exact spot the ancient texts claimed it to be.
Then, suddenly, ALL the reporting on the find was just shut off- gone.
Why? Was something else found, that was considered too uncomfortable to be released for the public to know?

Interesting things to add, is that Gilgamesh was described as being "Two thirds God", and having ruled Sumer for 126 years after that "The Kingship had been lowered from The Heavens a second time".

Things that makes you go hmmm...

new topics

top topics

join