It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative Solution to Union Bailouts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I will espouse a little optimism here: If the psuedosalary of "n" robots and "m" computers can help supplement the retirement costs "U" for each senior union member, whereby the robotic and computer psuedosalary is p= U/(n+m), and it takes 1 nonunion member recruit to run those robots (or whatever recruit rate is adjusted for population growth or decay)....then there can be economic stability without need of bailouts assuming (1) the companies can find an equivalent amount of customers demanding their reduced cost roboproduced products, hint look in 3rd world countries, and (2) the companies have a stable supply of materials or they raise the price on the remaining products or they find an alternative more "resource friendly" way to manufacture their products, hint look at recycling old materials or better material designs (hint, see near bottom line of that Feynman Lecture about the bottom) methods.

edit on 29-10-2010 by quantum_flux because: Feynman Lecture

Anyhow, heres a documentary of what the older generation in Japan is already implementing, and also one of the big reasons the Japanese seem to be in love with robots as well. Sorry I can't embed this I don't think:

Japan Using Robots Instead of Immigrants to Solve Production & Demographic Problem

edit on 29-10-2010 by quantum_flux because: Better Video

Note - in US population there will need to be robots to employ more people rather than to replace more people, and hence a necessary requirement to increase exports to foriegn countries for cheaper rates while still paying a decent salary to the new recruits.
edit on 29-10-2010 by quantum_flux because: Aha!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Bumping It Up due to more Input.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux

I haven't heard about too many union bailouts here in the US. Perhaps you should change the title to pension bailouts?

What I think you are saying is by producing more by using robots, business will make more money to pass on to the pension funds?

This seems rational but this assumes the money will be passed on. What seems to be happening now is high paid executives drain the company and then just go on to a new one.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

What seems to be happening now is high paid executives drain the company and then just go on to a new one.

Yes, but that's what the unions are for. The main job of the unions are to put an end to their own existence, and for the sake of those whom work for the unions so they can retire according to the legal agreements they made when they originally signed up for the unions. It is the unions and the companies that made a legal agreement, and wherever there is a legal agreement there is the heavy hand of the law. The responsibility of the government is to enforce the laws on the books, no matter how corrupt and forced those laws were originally. That is the price the unions have to pay for their corruption, and I'm sure the companies and the employees and the taxpayers wouldn't mind this policy being implemented either, since it's way better than the status quo, so that means the union officials just have to eat legal dust on this one.
edit on 29-10-2010 by quantum_flux because: +

top topics

join