It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what does happen when we die.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
You go where everything else goes, I don't know where exactly that is or what it is, I just know its busy and its buzzing with energy.

Everything makes complete and perfect sense but at the same time nothing is important (atleast the things you consider now to be important)

Its pretty chilled out, so just hang on and wait for it to arrive, you're going to enjoy it!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I remember my wife´s grandfather(pased away in 2007) told me after an evening several years ago when he almost passed away: "I was taken along a tunnel to some yellow people. We discussed but could not agree so I was allowed to go back. "

My favourite site for reincarnation stories is this one:

www.pureinsight.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
iv been close to death a few times in my life iv never had an nde though. i just remember being at my house one minute then in my undies in a hospital the next. that was a trip for me lol. / maybe when we die time slows down remarkably where we're in a dream like state for the few minutes that our brains still active which could produce an afterlife effect that lasts, but for how long idk? iv had a dream of a light at the end of a dark grey hallway. right before the light there was an opening for another hallway to the right. did it mean anything? that too idk.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Oh wow! That is such a cool idea! If the afterlife is a "dream like state" I hope it isn't for just a few minutes. That would be so weird! Kudos for thinking outside the box! I've never heard this idea! Star for you!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here is how i see it.
What we call a soul is energy,the energy needed to keep our physical body in motion and perhaps store some information and knowledge that we obtain during our life.When the physical body shuts down the energy is leaving and either "searches" for another host or returns to the original source where it is assimilated.Eventually the "source" sends back some of that energy to a new body,but not a unique "soul",i will call it a mix of souls.So when someone says that has memories of several past lives,it's not actually one soul travelling through time but memories of different souls.

Ghosts on the other hand is energy trapped in our realm of existence.I have noticed that haunted places are usually places with highly magnetic anomalies.Maybe this prevents the energy from leaving.

Or i have overactive imagination

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
Here is how i see it.
What we call a soul is energy,the energy needed to keep our physical body in motion and perhaps store some information and knowledge that we obtain during our life.When the physical body shuts down the energy is leaving and either "searches" for another host or returns to the original source where it is assimilated.Eventually the "source" sends back some of that energy to a new body,but not a unique "soul",i will call it a mix of souls.So when someone says that has memories of several past lives,it's not actually one soul travelling through time but memories of different souls.

Ghosts on the other hand is energy trapped in our realm of existence.I have noticed that haunted places are usually places with highly magnetic anomalies.Maybe this prevents the energy from leaving.

Or i have overactive imagination

Oh! You guys are so much more creative about this sort of thing than me!
I agree with you about soul be energy! Cool idea!

I'm really enjoying this thread OP! Great topic!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

I'm really enjoying this thread OP! Great topic!

you and me both.
i love subjects like this.
it is venturing into the unknown for sure.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I agree! It forces us to think outside the box and soul search a little bit. I love hearing other's ideas and what they think about this sort of thing! It's always so interesting!

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I know, I do rv'ing. white flash and u r in the afterlife,

consciousness exists after death, sort of like after a college play with all the actors backstage relaxing, chatting, stuff.

A good example is Thornton Wilder's "Our Town" A play, He got it almost right, closer probably anyone would imagine.

You do take it with u in experiences and memories,

That is why making amends and the next right action is so vital, they are good feelings in the next life, criminal mischief result in bad feelings in the next life. Note not net rebirth.

Rebirths are like the rides in disneyland, no matter which u go on dumbo or space mountain, u have the reward of good or bad feelings in the next life,

How u feel in this life reflects how u feel in the next.

What I see

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What Happens at Death?

GOD’S human sons were not meant to die. (Romans 8:20, 21) In fact, when Jehovah first spoke of death to Adam, it was mentioned, not as the outcome that man should normally expect, but as the punishment for disobedience to God. (Genesis 2:17) Adam understood what death meant, since he would have seen animals die.

Adam sinned, and he paid the price for it by dying at the age of 930 years. (Genesis 5:5; Romans 6:23) Having been expelled from God’s family for disobedience, he was no longer considered a son of God. (Deuteronomy 32:5) The Bible says this about the sad consequences for mankind: “Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men.”—Romans 5:12.
What Happens to Our Thinking?

The Bible also says: “There is an eventuality as respects the sons of mankind and an eventuality as respects the beast, and they have the same eventuality. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit, so that there is no superiority of the man over the beast, for everything is vanity. All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust.” (Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20) What does returning to the dust mean?

The expression “returning to the dust” reminds us of God’s statement to the first human: “Dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19) This means that humans, like animals, are physical creatures. We are not spirits that merely inhabit a body of flesh. Our thinking faculties cannot survive the destruction of our body. Of a man who dies, the Bible says: “He breathes his last breath, he returns to the dust; and in that same hour all his thinking ends.”—Psalm 146:4, The New English Bible.

“He breathes his last breath, he returns to the dust; and in that same hour all his thinking ends.”—Psalm 146:4, “The New English Bible”

If that is what happens, in what condition does that leave the dead? God’s Word gives a clear answer: “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Rather than being like a friend welcoming us to a better life, death is called “the last enemy,” according to the Bible, for it halts all of our activity. (1 Corinthians 15:26; Ecclesiastes 9:10) Does this mean that death is a hopeless condition?
Good News About Death

For millions of humans, death is like a sleep from which they will awaken. Jesus once said to his disciples about their friend who had died: “Lazarus our friend has gone to rest, but I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep.” When Jesus was on his way to the memorial tomb, he met a crowd of mourners. On arrival at the tomb, he gave orders for it to be opened and called out: “Lazarus, come on out!” The man who had been dead for four days came out. (John 11:11-14, 39, 43, 44) Since Lazarus’ body was already decomposing, Jesus thus demonstrated that God can remember everything about the dead—their personality, their memory, and their appearance. He can make them live again. On another occasion Jesus said: “The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his [that is, Jesus’] voice and come out.”—John 5:28, 29.

Providing us with further good news, the Bible states: “As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing.” (1 Corinthians 15:26) Never again will grief-stricken people have to go to a cemetery to bury a loved one. The Bible says: “Death will be no more.” (Revelation 21:4) Do you not agree that the Bible’s viewpoint on what happens at death is a comforting one?

October 2007 Awake!
edit on 22-11-2010 by spaceship100 because: credits

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I can tell you what I know from all the books i've read about NDE's. There are many similarities amongst them and the general consensus is this:

1. apon death, you float up out of your body and can see your own dead body.
2. a bright white light appears and you fill drawn to it, you then proceed through a tunnel.
3. you are greeted by either loved ones, angels, guides, jesus, god... this part really depends on your faith, belief system and expectations. My view on this is that they want your transition to go as smoothly as possible so you are only presented with the beings you feel most comfortable with.
4. you undergo a life review, where you are the judge.
5. you determine how you would like to proceed based on the review. Did you learn all the lessons you needed to? do you need/want to re-incarnate? Personally, whether I've learnt my lessons or not I am definitely going to Opt to roam the spirit realm for a while.

I have many other views of what might happen when we die, but I believe this view to be the most correct.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
what happens? rigor mortis followed by decay... '___' induced hallucinations are no proof of an after life. People just have a hard time coping with the whole "dead thing'.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by F011235813
what happens? rigor mortis followed by decay... '___' induced hallucinations are no proof of an after life. People just have a hard time coping with the whole "dead thing'.

how can someone have hallucinations if there is no brain activity?
edit on 23-11-2010 by Eonnn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

Ummmmmm because it is when there is still activity... thus the tunnel/light/whatever that revived individuals have been known to have. '___' is a powerful hallucinogen that our brains produce and at the moments leading up to, well, death we produce a &*(t ton of it. If you die instantly then no '___'. No tunnel.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by F011235813

hmm yeah didn't think of it that way. Well I'm more of a believer because of all the spiritual and paranormal experiences I've had in my life, not because of NDE reports. But how do you account for so many similarities in the hallucinations?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
i tried searching this topic but didn't come up with much.
thought it would be interesting to give everyone a chance to just express beliefs on the subject.
do you believe in an actual heaven and hell?
do we just decompose and end up as dirt?
is there a certain energy level we obtain?
where do 'ghost' or 'spirits' enter the equation?
are we able to choose our destiny in any way?
anyone think we are reincarnated?

You die, and you are judged/assessed.. You go to paradise, or to purgatory (which can be hell if it goes on for too long)
The end of all things comes, and then?
I don't believe hell is permanent, and after believing in reincarnation for years, I now know I was wrong!
Vicky

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by vassili9876
reply to post by rubbertramp

my wife and I lost our eldest son in November 2000 27Th
we were both distraught but my wife was losing it big time so i went along with her request to see a medium,at worst it may make her feel a little better and at best we might just learn something new!?
WOW did we learn something new
unknown to the medium at the sitting was our personal circumstances for the previous weeks.
my wife sat down at a table of about 8 people, it was a sort of marathon where 6 mediums tried to give all at there table a reading then musical tables and started all over again.
so when it came to my wife's turn with a women medium, we didn't hold much hope on everything positive.
the medium started her reading looking right at my wife and said "i have a young man here who passed over in tragic
circumstances, he is by your shoulder and he is upset and crying,he is saying sorry and he didn't mean to do it
he says thank you for talking to and kissing his photo every morning(proof 1,she never told anyone she did this including me), he says when we were discussing whether to go shopping to town or on the coast,he was there and was bewildered that no one was talking to him,(proof 2,we were talking on the saterday morning of going to Aberystwyth on the welsh coast for some fresh air and the monthly shopping stock up.
he then said it was him with the bell,whatever that means,the medium said...??
the bell was a Xmas bell we hung on the large Santa model we had on the mantle piece shelf,
while we were sorting through his things such as clothes and credit cards(to pay bills) my wife went to the stairs to take the first bag (to be sorted out) upstairs,while i stayed in the dinning room sorting out the second bag,This means we were at opposite ends of the house and nowhere near the lounge where the bell was,.
it started to ring and did not stop till my wife turned round on the stairs and entered the lounge shouting through Dave was that you,i said no i thought it was you, we both looked around the room to see the bell still swinging,only when we saw it did it stop,
i am a believer now of life after death and as such death no longer holds any demons for my self or my wife,

long winded i know but in answer to your Q yes there is an heaven,ergo there must be a hell,

god bless everyone,and i hope the end will be peaceful for you all
vassili9876

You have my sympathies Vassili9876,
My brother died on March 2nd, 2004, in circumstances that seem similar to those of your son, I gather... I had a number of dreams afterward that freaked me out/reassured me....
I hope you and your wife are feeling better now!
Vicky

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join