It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like there WAS Mobile phone tech in 1922. *New film footage lost for 90 years.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownSheep
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Going to give you a star for the find, I hope that's good, I'm new.

I say the only reason these finds are coming to light now, is because "time travelers" from the neighboring realities come here with there tech when it was the twenties here, and the future there and thus polluted our time stream because they couldn't travel to their own past. I know this is a crazy conspiracy theory but I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place.

Just having a bit of fun. Great find.

And the even more interesting question is if 'they' (time travelers) are getting sidetracked into

our worldline, is it on purpose, and why are we detecting these anomalies now??

mind you, im of the conviction that all those "ufo's" buzzing major cities 2-3 weeks ago were not

flying ships - they were time distortion units (ie, interdimensional craft).

again - why now? wonder what's in store.

Hawking should revamp his little derogatory comment about time travelers.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
One assumes time travel and also assumes stagnant progress with cell phones? Non linear.

- 'where were the cell phone towers?' - yes we can assume time traveler or some other futuristic event but we cant assume a cell phone that doesnt use cell phone towers...

LoL if someone invented time travel Im pretty sure they got passed the drop connections from cell towers!

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is a load of BS, but the BS did come from British Pathe's site -

www.britishpathe.com...

At best, I think someone is playing a game with the description to make some fun.

It could be a simple cat's whisker radio at that time.
The fire hydrant would have to be unpainted to act as an earthing point.

Published by British Pathe back in May 2010.

Check the titles -

"Eve's latest invasion is in the wireless world"

Somebody cannot spell invention. The error is carried into the transcript at the British Pathe page.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
That Pathé site is awesome! Old that old footage, a delight. As to the two women, of course that is real.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
That Pathé site is awesome! Old that old footage, a delight. As to the two women, of course that is real.

What we're benefiting from now is the master film copies transferred to digital, perhaps with a little cleanup of scratches, frame jumps and frame rates.

After decades of hand-me-down pan and scan TV films from the period, we are seeing the masters.

The technology was awesome at the time, recognised as such and the film makers strove for quality.
It still is awesome, since the technology and skillsets pass the test to this day.

Do seek out these 'old' films as they are now back at Master quality, and you may find yourself astounded by what has been captured.

Personally I love the 1920s when they mastered most of the filmaking tricks in a few short years, but anything earlier is of course to be devoured :-)

There's never been a better time to appreciate this body of work because it's never been presented so well, so widely and for free until now.

<< 1   >>

join