It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the most pupular game World Of Warcraft trying to get us ready?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed similarties between cospiricies within the game? Giants, animal headed beings, elemental beings, demons. Some spells cast have a sort of triangle glyph, some even have an eye just like the masonic symbol. The new expansion is called Catalysm. The expansion that changed the ingame world. And with 2012 comming near i think it may be a sort of getting people ready for whats really going to happen in real life. If medias are trying to passively get us ready with movies, and t.v series depicting a time when aliens finally come to earth, why cant this also be done with a game? especially the biggest and most sucessful game ever made? I think this is infact another way of getting people ready for a real event. I think players of this gamer would concur on things seen in real life, put into the game. Also in the new expansion, when the world becomes devistated Bwahaha there is a new zone called Uldam. This zone is enitirely pyramid/egyption based. Fun theory

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's preparing you for life by showing you what lengths bored people will go to in order to ensure you die, repeatedly, over a rather large time span, in a video game. Also that raiding and PvP is srs bsnz that is being ruined by casuals.

link   
I think you need to step away from the keyboard and go get some vitamin D.

It's a game.

link   
no.
second line

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

I thought modern warfare was the big craze now? Anyways, I have never played w.o.wc So i really dont know What the online game is all about. I did enjoy it on disc for p.c when it first came out. Is it way more advanced for online play?

Sorry, I spent a few years on a game called runescape. but never any others.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Also that raiding and PvP is srs bsnz that is being ruined by casuals.

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that. Chock full of win.

While WoW has incorporated some of America's conspiracy ideas, it's just a game. A very enjoyable one, but a game nonetheless. I wouldn't read too much into it.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

I think mass paranoia is at hand on ATS.
People think everything is a UFO, God, Jesus, Alien, Illuminati, Government controlled etc.
It's a game, of course it's going to have creatures that look familiar to those creatures. Because. Its a game.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
never played it buuuut
its FALLOUT that's preparing us

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Giovannetti44

Deathclaws are preparing us for how to properly have a burst of anger and not kill something IRL.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Exaaactly, and don't f*ck with china..

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yes.

Stack up on Spirit and Intellect.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
ok ..this is a true story.... WoWers

Played a Troll Shaman to ...74 recently ..over this summer ... my girls brother plays constantly ..got us into it ...

my girl and I were spending our 8+ hours a day ..as usual ..and a girlfriend of hers came over ... we were chatting about my girlfriend's 16 year old daughter that has jumped headfirst into the world of "the birds and the bees" if you will ... and how promiscuous she had become...

I look at the PC screen ... and right next to my character was another character .. a hunter with pet .. the hunter's name was BERTHCONTROL (I had just mentioned we should put the girl on the pill) ..the pet's name was LEASHKAZUL .... the girl's name is Kazlyn...

I realized that someone INSIDE Blizzard ..who had the ability to make a character on demand ..could hear or SEE also for that matter thru our PC. I will stand by this steadfastly as it wasn't the first time ... I quit playing shortly thereafter.

The addictive nature of this game is thru RANDOM_REINFORCEMENT ...just like the way dolphins are trained .. its nature is Satanic and it is riddled with subliminals and overt symbolism.
Play at your own risk.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
MOAR DOTS!!!
MOAR DOTS!!!
LEEEEEEEEROY JEEEEENKINS

Dude its a game, relax and eat your chicken

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Brotherhood of Steel FTW

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Hipster MMO.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi

Deathclaws are preparing us for how to properly have a burst of anger and not kill something IRL.

You mean preparing us how to properly have a burst of anger and not kill something IRL and those damn deathclaws...

In New Vegas, those bastards are near impossible to kill..... My heart used to race in FO3 but in New Vegas i sh** myself when i see one running at me

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Its getting you ready by constantly dangling a carrot in front of your nose and making you work (sometimes doing things you don't even like) to get that carrot.

Then while you are still basking in the joy of your hard won carrot they dangle an even bigger, more shiny carrot in front of you. Ooooohhh so pretty. You quickly forget the carrot in your hand as you now want the new carrot.

Repeat

That could actually be a pretty good metaphor for life.. its what you do in WoW and what you do in life. Always gunning for the better carrot.

So few people ask - do I really need that carrot?

Anyway - that is what they are getting you ready for. Getting a car, working for a bigger car, etc... and making you like it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

LOL nice response .. I could have prefaced that with having played EQ many years ago to endgame and also 80 prot warrior WoW two years prior ...

newb Im not ... simple fact remains ...dewd .. that someone inside BLIZZ made that character in response to a conversation that was taking place in my home real time ....

that makes it more than "just a game" ... .. it makes it a survelliance device ...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Fallout great game thought the same thing about it. Underground "vaults", aliens, and hoover dam seemed to be the center in that game and recently they built a bridge bypassing traffic around the da saying "its our most treasured landmark" and a terrorist threat. There is also transformers in there......

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
In terms of plausibility, I would check out Tom Clancy's EndWar and Chaos Studio's Frontlines: Fuel of War.

Peak Oil, Flu Pandemic, Economic Collapse, and World War III are all there in both of them.

The guys who worked on the games did some real good research. The games themselves could be better though. FOW is the best of the two in terms of play, very similar to the Battlefield games.

Both are probably under $20 by now, so go out there and get some global war on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join