It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe: Bankrun on 7th December 2010

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Europe: Bankrun on 7th December 2010

jetzt.sueddeutsche.de

As source is in german, here my translation:
The ongoing protests in France had no effect on the politics. Unimpressed by millions of people on the street and refusing to work, the french governement has passed the pension reform bill. French activists now have enough of simple protesting. "Anyway the real power is in the hands of international banks and cooperations" are the words of the activists who call for a bankrun on December 7th to get the politicans attention
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
stopbanque.blogsport.de
www.alterinfo.net

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Nice, but dangeroues idea.

The french activists Yann Sarfati, Arnaud Varnier and Geraldine Feuillien came up with this idea. They had enough of the unsuccessfull protests and wanted to do something that really gets the attention of politicans and their masters. Their initiative calls everyone to close /withdraw all the money from their bank accounts and either hide it at home or deposit it to a social (local) bank.

A lot of Stuttgart 21 protesters have already joined their initiative.

Over 7000 people have already joined the initiative on their homepage and more then 1300 people on their facebook page.

*Edit: (adding info of participants as i get them)

Italian Protesters have joined too:
Italian Protesters Facebook Link

Greeks now too onboard

Here is the french Facebook page:
click

jetzt.sueddeutsche.de
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-10-2010 by TheDeader because: added links

edit on 27-10-2010 by TheDeader because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I wish we had balls like this in the United States. If they pull this off, France's reputation is restored.

It's time we start entertaining this idea here.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Great idea!!

However Frances population in 2008 was 62,277,432, source, they will need a few more people to sign up if they really expect any impact.

+38 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

This should be done all across the world, the banks treat us unfairly, we give them our money and they give us 1-2% interest per year, they give us their money and charge us 20-30% interest per month.

Do you understand the BS behind that?

Stop feeding the monster zzz

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The initiative is just a few days old but it starts to go 'viral' here now. A lot of german/french/italian & greek blogs and newssites have started reporting.

Im desperatly searching for an english source / newssite about this : /

Greek protesters are currently setting up a website and spreading the word.

Honestly, i do not have much hope that this will work on december 7th. But it's a start and a message to the big guys that the people are fed up with useless protesting. And i think those kinds of ideas are better then violent protests.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeader

Im desperately searching for an english source / newssite about this : /

Reporting on even the protest has been slim, well here in the U.S anyways.
I don't think most people here even realize whats going on over there.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDeader
The initiative is just a few days old but it starts to go 'viral' here now. A lot of german/french/italian & greek blogs and newssites have started reporting.

Im desperatly searching for an english source / newssite about this : /

Greek protesters are currently setting up a website and spreading the word.

Honestly, i do not have much hope that this will work on december 7th. But it's a start and a message to the big guys that the people are fed up with useless protesting. And i think those kinds of ideas are better then violent protests.

What if their puppets create a law which will force people to keep the money in the banks?

Will violence make sense then?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCar

Reporting on even the protest has been slim, well here in the U.S anyways.
I don't think most people here even realize whats going on over there.

Exactly, the media reports the pension reform excessively, while we know it is much more than the pension reform, it is about the elites, even by standers said it was more than the pension.

The pension reform was just the last straw.

Uprising in Europe, PAY attention!!

IT made it in ATS though.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCar

Don't discount the initiative based on the number of people joining some web based rallying point. It's not whether they sign up that matters, it's whether they carry out the mission.

Quite frankly, I don't find it wise to advertise when the bank run is planned. Tell people the plan and what the intent of said plan will accomplish. Giving a date only allows TPTB to attempt to subvert said plan.

If 10% of Americans walked into their banks and emptied their accounts over a three month period, you'd see pandemonium on a scale not available other than via a Hollywood script.

At least the French don't have the Patriot Act looming over their heads should they decide to pull out large amounts of cash. In our wonderfully free country, pulling out large amounts of cash puts a bullseye on your back.

edit on 27-10-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Awesome!!! I'm in - I just may consider coming out of my internet-activist "retirement" to promote this here in the US. We must crush these bankster monsters before they destroy all of us.

It's time.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I can just see Bernanke...

"A day that will live in infamy......."

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So lets pick a date America.... whens our bankrun?

Nothing else has got their attention so far maybe a riot around election day would get their attention.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockerchic4God

As am I. I will be emptying my accounts over a time frame that will hopefully keep me off the radar screen.

Wasn't there a statement made by a FF regarding fearing the government??? Oh yeah, there was. Guess that's what living in a free society is all about - fearing your government for simply taking what is rightfully yours.

If you want to talk about green energy, we should simply plant electrodes into the resting places of our FF and capture the energy created by the spinning they're doing in their graves. I'm guessing we'd have enough power generated that we could share with Canada and Mexico.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Nothing else has got their attention so far maybe a riot around election day would get their attention.

Make a thread about it here in ATS, and let ATS members join the cause.

I know almost all of ATS members are sick of the BS.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Don't pick a date. Begin the process now without attracting attention. Make no mistake that should enough people begin the process, it will not take long for TPTB to take notice and clamp down with the iron fist hidden in their velvet glove.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'll give a quick update on the protests from the last week in france concerning the pension reform bill. First some pictures:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/674cf4d9e624.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b04eebc1e9ae.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c854dab8f78b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be3a604f87f1.jpg[/atsimg]

The French protested for weeks against the pension reform bill. Strikes and demonstrations were/are nationwide.
Here is a map of the protests on October 19th which gives you a good overview.

Activists blocked access to fuel depots for days. Sliced the tires of tank trucks, blocked access and so on.
They had to use some fuel from the governememts fuel reserve to keep the airports going.

Public transport was almost shutdown, public service employes and aout 1/4 of the schools joined actively the protests.

More pics can be found here

** On Topic : A german expert of the munich-based Institute for Economic Research said that he fears this could start an avalanche of withdrawels/transfers to social banks. Even if not alot happens on that they it could be the start of people realising how to 'demonstrate in an effective way'
edit on 27-10-2010 by TheDeader because: addes some on-topic info

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Good idea, thanks for the inspiration. I think it's phenominal that andgry citizens of Europe are standing up to their governments corruption. We should be taking notes over here in the land of the free!

Good luck to all of the members in Europe who decide to participate in this protest!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Make a thread about it here in ATS, and let ATS members join the cause.

I know almost all of ATS members are sick of the BS.

Why not consider this the thread and all begin the process slowly rather than giving away our hand? My accounts will be emptied by 12/31 at the latest. Thanks to the unConstitutional Patriot Act, if you attempt to pull out large sums of cash, you can most likely expect a visit.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I would join you, but my bank is always empty

And has been empty since I realized the F'n banks are charging me 23% interest per month just to borrow some money, while those a$$holes give me 2.5% interest per year for having my money.

That is not an agreement anyone should be proud of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join