It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Moon is an Artificial Space Station ~~~ PROOF!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The Moon is not a naturally occurring body and was quite possibly engineered to sustain life on Earth. Not only is the Moon an apparently impossible object, it has some unique benefits for us humans. It has been nothing less than an incubator for life. If the Moon was not exactly the size, mass and distance that it has been at each stage of the Earth’s evolution – there would be no intelligent life here. Scientists are agreed that we owe everything to the Moon.

From tidal forces and stabilizing effects that hold our planet at just the right angle to produce the seasons and keep water liquid across most of the planet. Without our Moon the Earth would be as dead and solid as Venus.

Many people believe that the moon does not rotate, since the face of the moon is always facing the earth. But this is NOT TRUE!!. The moon rotates at exactly the PERFECT speed to keep the face pointing at the earth as the moon rotates in orbit. Furthermore, even though the moon's orbit is steadily increasing in distance from the earth year after year, the rotation of the moon slows at just the right decay to keep the face pointed directly at the earth as the orbit slows. The chances of this happening are impossible.

The Moon sits very close to the Earth yet it is widely regarded as the strangest object in the known universe. The Moon is not only extremely odd in its construction; it also behaves in a way that is nothing less than miraculous. It is exactly four hundred times smaller than the Sun but four hundred times closer to the Earth so that both the Sun and the Moon appear to be precisely the same size in the sky – which gives us the phenomenon we call a total eclipse. Whilst we take this for granted it has been called the biggest coincidence in the universe.

Furthermore, the Moon mirrors the movement of the Sun in the sky by rising and setting at the same point on the horizon as the Sun does at opposite solstices. For example, this means the Moon rises at midwinter at the same place the Sun does at midsummer. There is no logical reason why the Moon mimics the Sun in this way and it is only meaningful to a human standing on the Earth.

The Moon does not have a solid core like every other planetary object. It is either hollow or has a very low-density interior. Bizarrely, its concentration of mass are located at a series of points just under its surface – which caused havoc with early lunar spacecraft.

source link

edit on 10/26/2010 by sp00n1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/27/2010 by maria_stardust because: removed "BREAKING!!!" from thread title as this is not a breaking news story

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link. The majority of this thread has been copied and pasted from another source. In the future, make an concerted effort to use only a small snippet of the external source and add your own views to the subject matter at hand.

edit on 27-10-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: Applied appropriate tags for external content

edit on 27-10-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
S+F for you!

very interesting post, was a fun shortish read

makes me want to do a little digging for myself

thanks for the jumpstart!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thread and topic. I'm aware of most of the other facts you stated about the moon but found myself wondering about this one in particular......

Originally posted by sp00n1
The Moon does not have a solid core like every other planetary object. It is either hollow or has a very low-density interior. Bizarrely, its concentration of mass are located at a series of points just under its surface – which caused havoc with early lunar spacecraft.

Can you post some kind of link or source for this?

Very interesting

MOTF!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What If We Had No Moon?!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
This is a very interesting thread and topic. I'm aware of most of the other facts you stated about the moon but found myself wondering about this one in particular......

Can you post some kind of link or source for this?

Very interesting

MOTF!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^I'm with him^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The mass of the Moon is not evenly distributed; mass concentrations, called Mascons, lie beneath many of the lunar basins, and the center of mass of the Moon is displaced several kilometers towards the Earth. The non-uniform mass distribution creates orbital stability problems for spacecraft orbiting the Moon.

SOURCE

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

+57 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You've massively plagairised a Rense article but other than that:

That's quite a bit of speculation to say that there would be no intelligent life on Earth without the Moon. Life would indeed be different than it is but who knows what it would be like?

The Moon rotates once each revolution because it is tidally locked to Earth. All of the major moons in the Solar System are tidally locked to their planets and exhibit the same behavior.

The distance of the Earth from the Sun varies, depending on the time of year, from 152,097,701 km to 147,098,074km, with an average of 149,597,887.5 km. In the past the Moon was closer to Earth than it is now and in the future it will be farther away but right now the distance of the Moon from Earth varies, depending on the time of the month, from 364,397 km to 406,731 km, with an average of 384,748 km. So the ratio of the two orbits varies from 417 to 361, with an average of 388. So yes, sometimes the ratio is the same as the ratio in sizes but most of the time it is not.

Your claim about the solstices is incorrect. In Los Angeles, on June 21st, the Sun rose at at an azimuth of 61º. On December 21 the Moon will rise at 63º.

The Moon does have a solid core.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Replace Alien & UFO Forum with everywhere....
edit on 26-10-2010 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Please remove "BREAKING!!!" and "PROOF!!!" from the thread title. Maybe say "PROOF, IMO" (IMO = in my opinion). You made it seem like this is a news story with some sort of physical evidence of the moon being artificial, which is very far and away from what you have actually posted. Thanks for the ideas and the read - those are some very interesting points. But none are anything new or breaking or proving.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Please remove "BREAKING!!!" and "PROOF!!!" from the thread title. Maybe say "PROOF, IMO" (IMO = in my opinion). You made it seem like this is a news story with some sort of physical evidence of the moon being artificial, which is very far and away from what you have actually posted. Thanks for the ideas and the read - those are some very interesting points. But none are anything new or breaking or proving.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Dear sp00n1

I really hate to say this but there are people out there that would say, is GOD not wonderful providing us with this unusual object that we call the Moon which makes life possible here on the Earth he created. Most likely 6,000 odd years ago.

Then again people will also say what a wonderful co-incidence.

Sorry as much as I would like it to be there is no proof of anything but good luck there.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Most of what was said is truth , try few searches and research just how rare a total eclipse is , also try a search or two on the chances of a moon only showing one side to it's parent planet .

This is a very interesting topic worhh looking into .

I am going to do a few searching on the things mentioned that I have not yet herd of before , such as the moon and sun having oppiset rising points , very interesting

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

The Moon is the second densest satellite in the Solar System after Io.[25] However, the core of the Moon is small, with a radius of about 350 km or less;[1] this is only ~20% the size of the Moon, in contrast to the ~50% of most other terrestrial bodies. Its composition is not well constrained, but it is probably metallic iron alloyed with a small amount of sulphur and nickel; analyses of the Moon's time-variable rotation indicate that it is at least partly molten

I found this in the wiki article of the moon. Im not seeing where you are coming up with there not being a core or it being hollow?

MOTF!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Furthermore, even though the moon's orbit is steadily increasing in distance from the earth year after year, the rotation of the moon slows at just the right decay to keep the face pointed directly at the earth as the orbit slows. The chances of this happening are impossible.

Nice post but I have to correct you on this particular point. There is no mystery as to why the same side of the moon always faces the earth. It's because the moon's mass is not evenly distributed. Much of the moon is porous, or even hollow. There are however small areas of much denser mass concentrations (mascons) that are clustered on one side - 'our' side. They lie below the darker areas we call the maria or seas. Because the moon's centre of gravity is skewed towards these areas that side always faces the earth and always will, however much the moon's orbital path lengthens.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
since Jupiter has 63 moons, does that mean Jupiter has super-intelligent life forms? or does the multiple moons somehow cancel each other's powers out?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The OP is interesting and I agree that the moons existence is astoundingly fortunate. On that note: I'm really getting tired of seeing these threads titled "PROOF" of something, and then simply having a theory or anything not remotely related to actual proof. Stop fvcking doing that please?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Where is your "PROOF" that the moon is a spacestation? Also, none of what you posted could be considered "BREAKING!!" Either way, you only presented half of what your title proposes. Not that it matters, as it seems you were merely attempting to mislead as many of us as possible. You should be reprimanded by the mods.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Doesn't "BREAKING!!!" mean new?

Do you think that everything that seems unlikely is the product of intelligent design?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here is some help OP:

“We discovered so many peculiar mathematical relationships that we were astounded, but we eventually pared them down to a few very specific facts,” said Knight. “It amounts to this: The Earth is 109.3 times smaller than the Sun and the Moon is 400 times smaller than the Sun. This inevitably means that the Moon must be 3.66 times smaller than the Earth. Add to this the fact that the Moon orbits at a distance exactly 1/400th that between the Earth and the Sun and what you are left with is so unlikely that it cannot be accounted for by simple chance.”

When all their evidence was in place, Knight and Butler were faced with one, massive, but inevitable conclusion. The Moon is an artificially created object, deliberately placed into the Earth/Sun system to serve the very functions it has managed so well for more than 4 billion years.

Our moon IS artificial

I believe there are too many "coincidences" for our moon to be a natural object.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join