It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma rating in my profile

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They ALL seem to be stuck on "calculating" right now.
This is becoming quite distracting from my disinfo efforts!
As a secret government ( shhhhhhh!) "blogger" I really have better things to do!
Harumph!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

They ALL seem to be stuck on "calculating" right now.
This is becoming quite distracting from my disinfo efforts!
As a secret government ( shhhhhhh!) "blogger" I really have better things to do!
Harumph!

Seems this would be a productive use of my tax dollars. After all, if you do your job well, you will never get promoted.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hey Bill, and Mark,

If I buy you guys some free energy generators, can I have like 1,000,000 Karma points?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Hare, Increase my Karma.

Oh Hare Rama, Hare Krishna, Hare Hare, Give me Karma.

14.....14!!!!! I had 206 a minute ago!!

edit on 26-10-2010 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What!
My karma has gone from...4 thousand something to 15...to....35?
I think TPTB has hacked into karma central at ATS!
I blame the damn Republicans!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Most mysterious, this. To be honest I don't feel too good about having yet another set of numbers that apparently are supposed to indicate our value in some way, but once we know what this Karma number actually represents maybe I'll feel better about it.

However, to stay on the positive side of things, looks to me that there is a strong correlation between the rate of posting new threads (and the related flags) and the time frame in which they're posted. Airspoon had 459 threads when I checked a few minutes ago, and he's only been a member for about 9 months. Creating all those new threads... that's a huge amount of energy he's put into here -- and hence given to us -- in that relatively short time.

I'm more a "reply" person that a thread creator. Perhaps the ATS ptb value thread creation more than replies in the karma formula. That's fair enough, when you think about it, because the formula used to calculate our "W" (WATS) score is Flagsx5xStars/1,000,000. It just gives an overall indication of how members see us via their awards of stars and flags, but as we can garner stars for posts in threads we didn't author then it's a different reflection of our constibution than the Karma figure might be... If I'm anywhere near right in my assumptions, that is.

Pity we don't get a number for the actual amount we've written ourselves in posts. Mine would be massive as my posts often wind rather ....errrm... okay, pretty long.
I must be pushing around 200,000 words by now. At least.

Oh, to answer Carlitomore's last point, the new "W" number is just a more accurate reflection of that formula. As it happens, mine has also been "reduced" from 1 downwards. I guess the new programming allows the figure to be displayed with greater accuracy. I did the math on your flags/stars and yep, it's just a tad over 0.71. So you've not really lost anything.

Best regards,
Mike

edit on 26/10/10 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Mabey its part of a location process im still guessing?
2nd

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

All tools can be productive or counter-productive depending on who uses them and how. This is a definite improvement IMHO over the raw point system, which automatically granted the same value to all posts, whether it was a one liner or shocking disclosure.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Mine is obviously NOT correct...

I guess all I can do is drink a beer and ponder this...o' wait - I'm at work...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Comments no longer relevant. Please refer to SO's post below and take it from there. Cheers.

Mike
edit on 26/10/10 by JustMike because: I don't like leaving irrelevant stuff on a thread if I can help it.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Karma explained here.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join