It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA satellite films another object

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Never underestimate the size of saturn

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Wow that looks a little too close?

Why is that?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

Originally posted by redzareptile
reply to post by VenomVile.6

GREAT FIND!!!! It is sure to bring out some half-witted debunker claiming that this is a solar flair or swamp gas out in space. Perhaps a space-junk lantern... mabey??? NOT!!!! S&F!!!
edit on 25-10-2010 by redzareptile because: Half-witted mis-spelling LOL

Its these kind of comments that are irritating and I've noticed a lot of these type of comments lately. You see how easy it is to misidentify something now? Just because we try to eliminate all possibilitys before we jump to the UFO conclusion doesnt mean we are half witted debunkers. Its called LOGIC. Forgive the members here at ATS for doing what we've always done. This isnt the place to post videos and not expect any scrutiny.

Good post. Ziggy. I'm quite prepared to believe in alien visitation but I will always turn to a rational explanation before jumping to the conclusion that something is ET just because thats what I want it to be.

The skeptics or, as I would prefer to call them, realists on ATS are regularly lambasted as being negative. They're not. They are following scientific method. Any claim needs to be proved and the realists always put an extraordinary amount of time and effort into determining exactly what is being shown in any video or picture posted by those who simply would rather believe their wishes rather than facts.

Please note that I am not accusing everyone who posts a video or picture as being credulous: I welcome every post with the hope that it will finally be the one which can prove ET existence. Keep them coming!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Another pic of Saturn and (overexposed) moon.

Source: www.utahskies.org...

It's because Saturn is just Huge.

Source: www.imagineeringezine.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Thank you for your kind words Jim. I just wish people understood that we use rational though when dissecting videos, photos, etc... It doesnt mean we are calling the OP in threads a hoaxer, but they take it that way. I started a thread about identifying objects in the sky so hopefully some read that and get a better understanding of where i'm coming from.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Thank you for your kind words Jim. I just wish people understood that we use rational though when dissecting videos, photos, etc... It doesnt mean we are calling the OP in threads a hoaxer, but they take it that way. I started a thread about identifying objects in the sky so hopefully some read that and get a better understanding of where i'm coming from.

Hi Ziggy, you are absolutely right! We should all use rational thought when viewing any post claiming to be proof of alien visitation. I don't understand the mentality of those who post debatable videos or pictures and claim that they are irrefutable of ET craft.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by cushycrux

Wow that looks a little too close?

Why is that?

It's the telephoto or telescope compression effect. You can see that regularly in photos of the moon where an earthly feature is included, such as a mountaintop and the moon just looks gigantic. Take a look at this photo to see what I mean: 21stcenturywaves.com...

Or this one: scienceblogs.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
so we can assume its SATURN?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be
so we can assume its SATURN?

You don't have to 'assume', or even (more typically around here) half-assume,
you can check. Where was Saturn in the sky at that time, where was the camera pointed?

Also check what ELSE was in the sky, and where NASA intended to point the camera -- at IT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join