It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Martial Law. Why This Would Be The Best Solution For The US And The Rest Of The World.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Martial law is a system of absolute miltary control over all military and civilian activities of a country, in a theoretical or actual war zone, during civil disorder, in occupied territory, after a coup d'etat, or during a state of emergency caused by a natural disaster such as an earthquake or flood. In the United States only the President as commander-in-chief has authority to impose martial law and it must be limited to the duration of the warfare or emergency. It cannot be imposed in a manner resulting in a long-term denial of constitutional rights.

Is the US not in a state of emergency as we speak? Unemployment, Illegal Immigration, Health care, Welfare, Foreign policy, oil dependance, the lobbying of politicians by huge corporations that have no interest in the betterment of the US, corrupt politicians, the constant erosion of our constitutional rights, the waste of our tax dollars, and the list goes on and on.

I would call this a 'warzone', I would also call this 'civil disorder'. Lets think about this, During martial law, or at least the type that Im suggesting, Washington would be EMPTIED , all politicians and office holders all the way down to the cleaning staff would be relieved and replaced by military counterparts. (TEMPORARILY). This emptying would go all the way down to the state, county and city levels.

No more civilian employees of the state, no more non military law enforcement of any kind. Eliminate all corporations, wal-mart, mcdonalds, ALL of them. Can we all agree that the US military is one of the most efficient machines on the planet? It would be like a nationwide audit. A restructuring if you will. We would trust the military to protect us while we the people cleaned this mess up. NO ONE who has ever held a public office or had an immediate relative in public office would ever be able to do so again..EVER. Large corporations would be outlawed. The health care system and insurance system would be COMPLETELY nationalized, along with the banking system. ALL of our troops would be brought back to the US and ALL foriegn bases would be abandoned.The US would issue a proclimation that if any of our allies were attacked by another country that we would nuketify them post haste.Voting would become a requirement for EVERYONE. No more foreign aid to anyone period. No more foreign trade. Let nature take its course. This would not mean a round up of firearms,etc. It would just mean that the PEOPLE of America could start from scratch and elect a governing body that was actually for the people by the people.

I will just stop here for now.
edit on 25-10-2010 by psyko45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko45

i agree completly but everyone is to happy with our "its not my fault, everyone is picking on me" culture. if your african american and are fired it is racisim not lack of a good job. if your white it is reverse racisim or your mom did not hug you enough. sadly our country has turned into sad children

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lobo2099

You are correct, I believe we all have had our personal problems, insecurities etc. Unfortunately it is as you say, and a great majority of people allow themselves to be ruled by these hurdles. And the people that are in ALL of out elected offices and tax funded positions, as well as large corporations capitalize off of this fact to the most extreme of the extreme.

join