It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(FOIA) Freedom Of Information Act and fees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I have just requested documents about MK ULTRA from the government and I was recently told I have to pay for the information I have requested. Why must I pay for documents that are declassified? Has anyone ever requested information by using the FOIA? and if so did you have to pay? I have never understood why that is. It is especially rediculous that I will be charged almost 80 dollars for these documents if I am able to recieve. If the information is released to me I hope that my request for a fee waiver will be accepted as I do not want to pay. Now can someone tell me why the governent decided to give the citizens the FOIA but then charge us money for obtaining and requesting these documents?
edit on 25-10-2010 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

I think you can find what your looking for here

michael-robinett.com...

It's a bit hard to read, but it saves you $80.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
kid_cudi, It's called cost recovery and has the added benefit, from the goverments perspective that is, that you will hopefully bugger off (go away.)

cheers

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
kid_cudi, It's called cost recovery and has the added benefit, from the goverments perspective that is, that you will hopefully bugger off (go away.)

cheers

Lol I'm not buggering off or going away haha I got tons more information I want from them that isn't on blackvault.com yet

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It is definitely standard to pay for FOIA requests. There is nothing worse than going through all the hassle, paying your fees and upon reading the documents you discover that they are nothing but blacked out censored bs. Which is totally what you will receive in any MK ULTRA documents.

Just requesting "MK ULTRA" will not get you anything that hasnt been published yet. The trick with FOIA is to get real clever and request seemingly abstract documents that have connections you discover through your typicall investigation.

new topics

top topics

join