It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel Gibson kicked off "Hangover 2"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I saw this article today and about laughed myself unconscious.

A little more than a day after it was announced that actor Mel Gibson would have a cameo role in Hangover 2, Gibson was dropped from the film —allegedly due to protests from Hangover star Zach Galifianakis. Todd Phillips, the films director, released a statement saying that he "thought Mel would have been great in the movie & but I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew."
source

What makes me laugh the most about this is Zach Galifianakis' refusal to do the movie if Gibson were involved. Yes, yes, Gibson said some stupid crap about Jews, but this isn't about anything other than making a movie.

A few things to note about this movie - Hangover 2 is going to suck. Hangover was a huge takeoff success, but i mean seriously...a sequel?

Zach Galifianakis has been doing standup for quite a long time...but is just now on the scene because of his "ruh-tard" line in a movie.

Mel Gibson has been "on the scene" for decades, and will forever be remembered for his wonderful acting.

Yeah, so he has a few bad things to say about Jews.

Who here has NOT said something racist at some point in their lives? Everyone is just playing off their own guilt by blaming it all on Gibson.

Grow up Zach G....you're a one hit wonder.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Aww fat Jesus, wassa wrong?

edit on 25-10-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I loved mel, still remember him as young snapper in The Sullivans here in aus.

But he's just an off the planet nutcase now, and I think people working with him have a right to state their displeasure.

He's let it get to his head. If he were not so old, I'd tell him to grow up. But he's jumped the shark, imo.

Maybe the media is beating him up too hard, I dunno... but I've lost the fun feeling I used to have watching him...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
No matter who you are, your fame, your fortune, your talent... never EVER dare to dislike a jew and have the nerve to admit it in public, cause you'll be going down. Crash and burn included.

Thats how things are... at least until israel is wiped off the face of the planet. Until then, if anyone has anything to say about jews, it better be good. Or else...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You're putting Israel in a bad light. Once the Messiah comes peace will be on the Earth.
Trust me!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Lol has no one heard him going off at his ex wife?

I couldn't care less about his religious dislikes, but he's a fuc.. err, flaming psycho!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
at least until israel is wiped off the face of the planet.

Ahhuh..

They're all in on it huh..

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It was because Mel wanted the full title of the film to be "Hangover the passover" relating to how it was a new crew that would be suffering from the hangover this time round.

And well, that could be interpretative as Mel wishing to take over Edward Norton's role in the beginning of "Generation X".

Obviously.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Let's face it, dissing the Jews when in Hollywood is like saying a black racial slur while standing in Harlem... Either way, you're pretty done.

As I understand it, Mel's role was going to be fairly minor anyhow, so doubt it would really affect the movie. Personally, I think any big name actor should play themselves in Hangover 2, just to be consistent. Some of the cameos (like in the photos) were part of the fun.

I do actually think they can do it again though (and the Thailand idea is fantastic for it)...but we'll see. Will be funny if they involve the little naked Asian guy again....that guy is a riot (and was in Role Models also, as the king)...

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
He is my favorite comedian. But agreed if it had to do with some jewish lines, he is immature.

And always remember "Tigers love pepper. They hate cinnamon."

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I didn't like Hangover so i doubt that i will watch the sequel.
About Mel Gibson is one of my favourite actors and personally i don't care what he does in his personal life.As for his second ex-wife i thing she brought all this attention to their private life just for fame and money.I even thing that they "planted her" just to destroy his life and career.All his troubles started after his movie "passion of christ" and the comments he made about the Jews.It can't be a coincidence.
As for him kicked out from the movie i wonder if other members of the cast had problems with his behaviour,as posted by someone,or Zach Galifianakis has something personal with him?

new topics

top topics

join