It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens suspected of creating mutant Drumstick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Source

THE day a four-legged chicken hatched, her owner was travelling through the Territory's top alien hotspot.

Kevin Horner said it may have just been a coincidence the chicken with two extra legs was born as he was passing through Wycliffe Well, 1100km south of Darwin, last Wednesday.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... it doesn't have much to do with aliens. I know.

I'm posting this more to show the rest of ATS how this completely BS news story has been linked to Aliens. It seems like a deliberate attempt by the media to poke fun at something unusual and to therefore 'blame the aliens.'

For those of you who don't know, Wycliffe Well is a remote place, in Australia's Northern Territory. It has a reputation for being a UFO hotspot, with lots of people claiming to see lights, etc.

This kind of news story makes it even more difficult to try and conduct serious research about aliens/UFOs, as it has the 'nutter' stamp all over it. Poisoning the well against any attempt to take the subject seriously.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Kind of stupid, why blame aliens? Could have been a birth defect which it probably was anyway.

Kind of lend credence to the people the believe in the idea of aliens visiting Earth.

But bad journalism is the problem, maybe the journalist should have done some research into this subject and we would have got a real news story.

Thanks for showing the idiocracy of society.

Pred...
edit on 24-10-2010 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It is a surprisingly bad bit of journalism for a newspaper that does take the UFO subject quite seriously.

If you do a search on the NT News website for UFO you will see they are considering UFO tourism as a legitimate option, crocodiles just arent doing it any more.

I also saw that there is a big UFO conference being planned up there (theres links to the guys website in the other news articles), with the support of the reporters that do write serious stories. Sounds like he's got some big names lined up too. Heres hoping it happens, Id buy a ticket up there.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I can help but feel the 'UFO community' brings it all upon themselves though. All you need to do is browse for half an hour through the U&A forum to find a multitude of threads where people have attributed things they don't understand to aliens.

just sayin'

IRM

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I think the aliens are to blame for NT news.

They must be controlled by brain slugs!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
These aliens don't half get a rough press..

Abducting

Anal probing

And now making 4 legged chickens!!

Now sponsored by KFC

new topics

top topics

join