It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2018 Claims: 'World Cup Votes Can Be Bought'

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

2018 Claims: 'World Cup Votes Can Be Bought'

news.sky.com

A former Fifa boss has allegedly confirmed that World Cup votes can be bought by bribing executives with money and girls.

Michel Zen-Ruffinen - a former Fifa general secretary - was secretly filmed by undercover journalists.

In the video, he appears to name several allegedly corrupt officials, referring to one as "the biggest gangster you will find on Earth".

The 51-year-old works as a fixer and liaises with executives to find out what they are looking for in a World Cup host nation, charging £210,000 for his services.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Now this doesn't suprise me at all.

Football (soccer to the my US friends here), has to be full of the most overpaid sports there is, then you have the officials who are supposed to be running the game who are doing things like this.

Any form of corruption stinks, and this is no different.

I hope that many people are named, shamed and hung out to dry for this as an example. I think we all know that it will still carry on though.

Shady dealings has already ruined the image of cricket. The stroppy diva antics of our footballers make fotball a laughing stock to many. Bent officials just top it off for me.

Get rid of the lot of them, and give the jobs to those who appriciate them....officals as well as the players (Mr "I'll throw my teddy and get a deal for £250,000" Rooney).

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24/10/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I thought the world was ending in 2012? That's what the Mayan Calender says? Won't we all be gone anyways? LOL

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Just keep an eye on football in general. Theres a storm brewing that could change or even end a majority of clubs. Im talking financially.
This that youve posted in only a tip of the iceberg.
I assure you of that.

Imagine if a major body was found financially corrupt.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

A former Fifa boss has allegedly confirmed that World Cup votes can be bought by bribing executives with money and girls.

Professional sports are rigged and full of bribery! My father in law once heard me say this and he got very angry because he thought the professional sports were actually just fun and games and honest. LOL

May I assure everyone , every professional sport out there is rigged and bribed to the unteenth degree.

Lesson learned, if you want your favorite team to win, don't yell and clap in front of the TV, send them a check in six or more figures, and your dream may come true..!!

Think about it, they are professional, they are in it for the money, they want profit. Would they let players "skills" get in the way of their profits?? I don't think so.

Good luck with screaming and clapping behind the television. hehe.

edit on 24-10-2010 by wiredamerican because: leaning how to spell, lol

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all. Where there is money you will find corruption. The whole game needs to be grabbed by the scruff and shaken. I don't know how they would do it but i would like to see wage caps and salary caps for teams - they get only a set amount to spend on wages, and every team has the same wage bill. There should be a max amount any one player can get, too. I think that system is in place in the NRL in oz (rugby league). That way there is a rotation of the teams toping the table which keeps it interesting, players would be happy to stay with their local team rather than run off to one of the rich teams and players wouldn't be such overpaid, poncing bloody primadonas.

Also a problem with the game is that players have too much power, more so than the coach or manager which is a mistake. Sorry for the rant.

CX

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Last month i was talking to a guy who works in the next town to me (shop owner), his old sport and now hobby is training cycle athletes (tour de france types).

He said that even atthe top levels, teams would regularly throw races for the right money.

He said it was usualy a decision that came from up to, what a shame for the team members that had trained so hard for it.

So yeah you're right, most sports probably have corruption in their blod somewhere.

CX.

top topics

join