It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Rover Anomaly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I first saw these photos on a friends facebook account (Thanks Mars Uncensored).

There appears to be something hanging of the front of the Rover.

My first question was who is taking the picture? I can only presume it's the Lander? (It's the Lander, Thanks Zorgon)

My second question is what is the thing hanging from the rover?

Most of the time I look at it it seems so obvious that there is something there that I wonder if this is not a picture from a test done in a desert on earth somewhere, and NASA is just messing with us.

If it's not that then what, a shadow?

Here are the two links for the official pictures;

What does everyone think?
edit on 23-10-2010 by _Highlander_ because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2010 by _Highlander_ because: Spelling.

edit on 23-10-2010 by _Highlander_ because: Clarity and progress.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

I sort of wonder how they took the picture. I've never heard of any camera available on the rover landing "dock". But, looks like a little guy. Maybe he'll fix the dragging wheel and blow the dust off the panels while he's there. "check your water and oil sir?"

tt

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Its the Pathfinder

and the rock is Yogi

And yes the camera is on the lander

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here is the panorama from the lander. Just click on the image for full size

edit on 23-10-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice work Zorg.

Every time I see these type of threads I think of you and Mike Singh automatically.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Caught it snooping around here in the desert too...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
i think its the tests and the second picture look at them rocks around it theres no way it would have got there on its own

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Excellent!

That answers that question as to what took the picture, but what is the thing hanging from the rover itself?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by _Highlander_

hi the thing on the front is what it uses to take samples it moves in n out and on the end of it it has a few difrent tools that spin around for diferent uses

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by scott,aussie

Greetings Mate

Thankyou for your information.

I have done a bit more research with that in mind and accept that it is most likley the In-situ Instrumentation on the rover, however, you have got to admit the instrumentation does in the photo look like a little being?

Do you see that as well?

Does anyone have any other photos of the rover at a similar angle displaying deployed instrumentation a bit more clearly?

Honestly I'm not 100% convinced that it IS the instrumentation just yet, though I admit that is most likley what it is, just need a little further evidence.

How do I embed an image from my PC into here? I will embed a cropped image of the being/instrumentation which might make what I am talking about a bit easier to see.

top topics

join