It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hey all

This damn Americanisation of Australia is getting beyond a joke. Schools have been pushing Halloween for the last few years and now all shops start to sell the decorations similar to Christmas.

As an Australian, I was wondering if any Americans can post pics of their deco's? I have 2 young kids that are growing up with this at school, and so they don't feel left out I was planning on decorating something small.
Even Woolworths (our main grocery store) is selling the pumpkins you use to carve out.

How hard is is to make a jack-o-lantern ?

cheers

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

It's all about the bottom dollar... Don't be all that surprised, the more holidays or yearly events they can milk for money, they will.

Now in regards to helping you out;
www.instructables.com...

Absolutely brilliant site... It has almost every DIY need!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I might do some pics in a few days if I do I'll be sure post, and jack-o-lanterns are actually kinda fun to make.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Halloween is pure awesomeness. Best holiday of the year.

My two best friends got married on Halloween a few years ago, and they use Halloween decorations as everyday household adornments. I'd post pics of their house but I don't know if they'd be okay with that.

Jack o lanterns can be pretty simple, or ridiculously complex, depending on your taste and skill. Two triangles for eyes, one for the nose and a pattern of triangles for the mouth is probably the easiest way. Around here, they sell templates to make the really elaborate designs.

Happy Halloween,

-TheAssoc.

new topics

top topics

join