It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody help me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Hi

I was wondering whether you need a certain amount of stars, flags or points before you can create an avatar.

Ive tried but it wont let me past the login page. Ive definatly put the right details in but the page just refreshes and then stays at login.

I have sent the MOD's a message but they havent replyed. They must be busy or something.

Anyone had this problem, what do you do?

If this thread needs moved else where just do it. Was'nt sure where to post it.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

I did my avatar before I posted any replies at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

What?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm assuming it's uploading the avatar that's giving you the headache...I remember how un-intuitive the process was. For helpful tips try this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically, here's how:

Start by clicking on Tools on the main toolbar. You should be looking at your Profile information...about a third of the way down you'll see Your Avatar with a box below it. Click on Upload Avatar to upload to ATS Media...you'll need to log in there (using the same name and pass as ATS). On the left side click on Upload/Change Photos. Then on the top right click on Upload Photo...you'll be prompted for the file name. Once it's uploaded you should see it under My Photos. Click on the picture (you might have to click on My Photos, then on the pic, can't remember exactly) and underneath you'll see a box labelled Use as ATS Avatar. Copy the URL in the box.

Now go back to Tools on the main toolbar...on your profile info (about a third down) paste the URL into the My Avatar box and click the Submit button.

Ya, kinda complicated...hope this helps!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by avocadoshag

Thanks, I was trying to find where I found the instructions, couldn't remember for the life of me.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Thanks for your help. I know how to do it, its just that when i try to log in to the media part. It does'nt let me. I type me details in, username and password. Then the page just refreshes instead of taking me in to the photo album.

Its doing my head in. Ive already looked at the tutorial you posted but there was no mention there.

Nevermind eh, Thanks anyways.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Thanks for your help. I know how to do it, its just that when i try to log in to the media part. It does'nt let me. I type me details in, username and password. Then the page just refreshes instead of taking me in to the photo album.

Its doing my head in. Ive already looked at the tutorial you posted but there was no mention there.

Strange, I tried and had no problems logging in, uploading, etc. Maybe your password on ATS Media needs to be reset; I think there were some problems there earlier in the week. Try sending a U2U to a site administrator, see if there's something they can do?

Sorry I couldn't help...good luck!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Strange, I tried and had no problems logging in, uploading, etc. Maybe your password on ATS Media needs to be reset; I think there were some problems there earlier in the week. Try sending a U2U to a site administrator, see if there's something they can do?

Sorry I couldn't help...good luck!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

No worries

Im sure ill sort it in the end. Im just waiting for the site admin to actually answer me.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

check your private messages

ALSO:

Anyone experiencing login issues with the Media Portal please send me a PM and we'll get it sorted for you.

new topics

top topics

join