It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cargo ship 'hits passenger ferry' near Amsterdam.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Cargo ship 'hits passenger ferry' near Amsterdam.

www.bbc.co.uk

A freight ship has hit a small passenger ferry in a canal near Amsterdam, Dutch media say.

The vessel "ran over" the ferry and some passengers were in the water, Dutch state broadcaster NOS reported.

There were no immediate reports of injuries in the incident, which happened about 10km (six miles) south of Amsterdam.

The ferry reportedly capsized and is floating upside down. Divers are searching for possible victims.

A helicopter has also been deployed to search the canal with a thermal imager.

So far no-one has been pulled from the water, reports say.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The article says there are no reports of any injuires, but divers are searching the waters for bodies and so far no-one has been pulled out.

I'm taking it there will be injuries, collision aside, those waters will be freezing this time of year, not great conditions to be in at all.

Fingers crossed every gets out ok.

CX.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Heres a link to the story breaking on Sky too...

Ferry Upside Down After Canal Crash

CX.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Hmmm..... and that someone was you

Ha! Ha! You know i've been having these visions/thoughts over the last year of something big happening in the sea's just like when the Titanic sunk... its nearly 100 years since that incident....

CX

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by CX

Hmmm..... and that someone was you

Ha! Ha! You know i've been having these visions/thoughts over the last year of something big happening in the sea's just like when the Titanic sunk... its nearly 100 years since that incident....

I'm sure i saw you in another thread lol.

Well hopefully we have learnt a lot since the Titanic incident, at least as far as safety/rescue after the event is concerned.

As for preventing the incident, why with all the latest technology out there on ships nowadays, do people still insist on aiming thier ships at things that shouldn't be aimed at?

Not a sailor here, so apologies for the stupid question....but if they will keep doing it.

CX.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I panicked when I saw the headline as I will be on the ferry to Amsterdam next month. After seeing the size of the one involved in the incident and the one I will be travelling on;

PRIDE OF ROTTERDAM

Now im not so worried. Hope everyone involved is Ok. Not sure why this got so much media attention due to the size and number of people?

new topics

top topics

join