It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by OldDragger

That's the main thing I am thinking as far as "cell phone"

Unless in the future they have super high tech phones that work between dimensions.

My vote now is either with a ear/tooth ache, or a wrist communications device.

Looking at the stillframes, it looks very much like the person is actually holding something, rather than posing an empty hand, so it somewhat seems doubtful that it is a bothering tooth och ear. Plus, when looking carefully on the slowdowns, it is clear that whatever it is, the person is clearly speaking "in" the thing, as clear lipmovements can be seen.

What is it? Who knows.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Haven't you ever seen doctor who? His companions cell phone (with a little change) could work across space and time.

LOL Doctor Who theory FTW!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
to me, it looks as though the shadow is of her hand. Notice in the really slow closeup right before the fade, her first 2 fingers move around up under her hat exposing more of the fingers to sunlight. This position doesn't seem fitting for holding an object.

My theory is that she is singing with her hand to her ear like many do when listening for pitch. Most everyone in our choir and stage productions did that type of thing. I did it driving in the car and walking around also. People probably thought I was talking on a phone but it is to hear your voice and pitch better. I would bet she is more of a soprano who is rehearsing for a song..this also could explain the stop and sort of "look" toward the camera wanting to be seen on film. Just my take.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well that is something isnt it? I can't think of anything that someone of that day and age would be small enough to fit in their hand and be talking on...wow...unless Einstein had a gypsy aunt who he secretly got all his theories from and she decided to prove it to him by a little TT...hehe.

On a side note, I read a TT novel last year called 3 Days to Never in which (cue suspenseful music ) Charlie Chaplin built a time machine using Einstien's theories...really great and strange novel, lots of wild imaginings, fun read. A little synchronicity to throw into the mix...life imitates art yet again.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Best thread of the month imo - totally awesome

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Who could she be talking to without a signal?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktherer

If she had the Transdimensional Unlimited Plan, anybody she wants to!

Seconded.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
John Titor in Drag lol

Very intresting!

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreampsi
to me, it looks as though the shadow is of her hand. Notice in the really slow closeup right before the fade, her first 2 fingers move around up under her hat exposing more of the fingers to sunlight. This position doesn't seem fitting for holding an object.

My theory is that she is singing with her hand to her ear like many do when listening for pitch. Most everyone in our choir and stage productions did that type of thing. I did it driving in the car and walking around also. People probably thought I was talking on a phone but it is to hear your voice and pitch better. I would bet she is more of a soprano who is rehearsing for a song..this also could explain the stop and sort of "look" toward the camera wanting to be seen on film. Just my take.

Great explanation, except what if its a guy, not a soprano female?
The ear testing to check for pitch is something people do with mics in their ear, its a newish action, or i should say, as a theatre performer many moon ago, i didnt and never saw people cup their ear for pitch testng, without a mic in it....but you did in choir so thats cool.
But I think your explanaton is ace! thx for posting.
edit on 21-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Best thread of the month imo - totally awesome

awww thanks sky!
and double thanks

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
what if... just what if It is a dictaphone like on my iphone and the person is noting to self watch the making of charlie chaplain when you return you just got famous. hahah

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

It was an woman holding her KJV of the Bible [the small ones] up to her face praying to God to make her less ugly.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That movie of San Francisco's Market Street a few days before the big 1906 earthquake is loaded with time travelers running all over the place. It's just like the movie "Grand Tour" with Jeff Daniels. They must zoom around in time to witness major disasters for curiosity and amusement.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Hahaha. We could have a paradox situation here. Some random guy from '28 found a motorola phone, after searching and findin no company with that name, copyrighted it and hired some techies to look at it and reverse engineer. Years later we have motorola as we know it. In the future a certain time traveler should keep a tighter grip on his celly. Lest some random guy in 1928 finds it.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Highly suspicious.
If he's a "time traveler", who would he be speaking to on a cellphone?
I'm pretty sure service was spotty in 1928. not many towers then.
I'd like to see the original movie. Does it seem very likley that Chaplin would film this guy talking on a strange device and nobody would inquire what he was doing? Wouldn't even be curious?
Something fishy here.

exactly, assuming he's a time traveler, who's he talking to? others on the same mission/ team members? one could assuming no time traveler would travel alone for obvious and maybe not obvious reasons, who knows?

also if it is a he, would he not stick out like a saw thumb dressed as a old lady, why would he not wear mens clothing, little less conspicuous

the two thing I can't figure out is she/he looked at the camera, 1st rule in filming/acting never look into the camera and he is clearly talking with someone, an not talking to loudly as it appears, which one would do if they were talking to anyone next to them on a film set that is live and people are walking back and forth (no one is with in hearing distance)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

havent seen that footage, any chance someone can find that?
cheers

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
She's definitely talking, but because of the clothing that she wears we can see it is the cooler time of the year. I'd say she is holding a small black purse to her ear to keep the cold away from her ear, and at the same time she is talking to the man in front of her.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Check this footage from the 1928 film The Circus, The footage is appearing on a guys youtube also promoting his film festival, so apologies on that, but he found it, so spose he can garner the attention for what he wants Basically there is a woman/man in drag walking in a scene talking on what appears to be a mobile phone..... Watcha y'all think? Have a lookie !

This is really cool - great find!

Instant S & F and added to my subscribed threads and favorited the you-tube clip page too.

I'm a huge Chaplin fan, obviously interested in conspiracies, time travel and all things ATS too, so for me, this is the equivalent of the Seinfeld episode where George takes a roast-beef sandwich into bed with his girlfriend while they're having sex so he can try and combine his two favorite pastimes...

God, I love this place....

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IllMannered

Hahaha. We could have a paradox situation here. Some random guy from '28 found a motorola phone, after searching and findin no company with that name, copyrighted it and hired some techies to look at it and reverse engineer. Years later we have motorola as we know it. In the future a certain time traveler should keep a tighter grip on his celly. Lest some random guy in 1928 finds it.

I know!
Loook my common sence tells me to be skeptical, but I do like that 1928 Motorolla coincidence, makes for a excellent stroy/movie/thread

Did Motorolla start like The whats-you-ma-call-it systems iin the Terminator movie?
They found the tech from the future?
The reverse engneered it.......

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hmmm... Totally awesome

Look at the size of the feet, either this babe has the biggest female foot on the planet or it's a man in drag as you said.... As for the "cell phone".. works for me! hehe I can't think of any other explanation that ties in with the time period!

Uber cool!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join