It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airports in NYC on 10/13 Were Shut Down-USA NewsWeek

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I just stumbled across this article earlier and thought it would be worth posting. I would love to hear people's opinion on it.

www.usanewsweek.com...
sidenote: I'm still a noob at this so I couldn't figure out how to embed text from the article, but I summed it up somewhat well. I just wanted to make sure I am citing my sources; giving full credit to the article.

Apparently, all three airports in NYC were closed down for several hours October 13th, beginning around 6:45pm.

My first question is, would this rule out the airplane theory about the "UFO"'s at night? I'm not sure what time those pictures of the UFO at night were taken, however I really did believe the videos posted on ATS threads to be planes. I can't recall the time on the screenshots (most of them had the time conveniently cut out anyway).

Then, supposedly the idea is that they were closed due to a "gas smell," from a radar center in Westbury. Isn't that the place citizens were being warned of gun shots going off for a 'practice drill' the night before? Where else have we heard of practice stunts before an event happening? hmmmmm?

Not to mention the strangeness of the balloon reports. They were released at 1:00pm, but the sightings began around 9:30am. This is all based on the USA Newsweek article. Thoughts anybody?? Those three issues are the main things I'm looking to get debunked or explained away! Thanks!

www.usanewsweek.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

the airports didn't close, the radar station was evacuated causing some air traffic disruption and thats why there were so many planes stacked.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I still think they are covering up what happened. Gas leak, party balloons (cuz we all know that know NY'ers have never seen balloons released before) It's just not sitting right with me.
On a side note, I was watching the local Dallas news this morning and they brought up the ElPaso sighting. They said it was planes. Planes? I thought skydivers said they did it. So which is it? Skydivers or planes? Skydiver is the most rational explanation, not planes. Planes cannot do what they were doing,period. Why would they be reporting planes? Again, not sitting right with me.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

also there were a few people up to high jinx due to stan fulhams prediction, it has already been proven that jason diamond and many friends planned to tweet ufo reports days before, he also posted his fake picture a few days before and then re posted it claiming it to be from that day.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

Planes stacked all day long? What time was the gas leak reported again? I can't remember.
The night footage did look like planes to me, but I'm not sure that's what people were reporting seeing. Were the reports only by those watching cams? or were there reports that came from observers on the ground that night? Well anyway, if the planes were stacked all day, I would find that very odd, seems that it would have caused a lot of problems/delays that would have been more widely reported.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

no, the planes were not stacked all day, the radar station only caused delays for a bit, it still had a crew.

and the night sightings mainly stemmed from here, people watching the cams still looking for something but mistaking planes and jupiter for things because theyre not used to watching them!. lol. and also due to the cams extremely low frame and refresh rate.
and an a.t.s member went out and filmed jupiter from the ground.

thanks

rich
edit on 19-10-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Very interesting...

So, they didn't show up on radar? Why should they? This is limited thinking at play. "If they don't show up on the radar, then they aint there. Science tells us that." Oh really?!?!

I think it's back to the drawing board multi-dimensional energy beings. The humans just aren't buying your radar cloaking technology...
edit on 19-10-2010 by the.lights because: in a rush

edit on 19-10-2010 by the.lights because: duh!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

are you in the right place?

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
[~~yawn~~]
oh are we back to this stuff again.
Perhaps you can check the hoax forum
for the last Sorcha Faal thread from
Oct 16.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hmmmmm.....

The FAA on the other hand claims that the flight delays were because of “gas smell” from the FAA radar facility in Westbury. The mysterious gas smell, led to the closing of the radar facility and the evacuation of the radar technicians. This coincides with the time when UFOs were spotted over the Manhattan sky.

Gas Smell.......

Shut down Radar.....

S&F. Thanks for this news.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Arken because: Add S&F

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Lol

Well I suppose of course nothing was on radar, because everyone had to evacuate lol.

Anymore info on the routine drill being announced to run the day before? Can't find the thread, but apparently people were telling the residents to expect gunfire or shots. Not sure

I'd accept a shot any day of the week. Patron Silver please.
edit on 19-10-2010 by matrixportal because: one of my sentences sucked

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The drill routine was regarding the Indian Point Nuclear Facility which is 24 miles north of New York City.

BUCHANAN – Entergy will be conducting security training drills at the Indian Point Energy Center Tuesday evening [Oct. 12] using simulated weaponry that sounds like actual gunfire.

Entergy conducts security exercises at Indian Point
REAL possible false flag event!!

What does it have to do with the airports that were never shut and occurrences on two different days?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Oh alright, guess I was confusing the drill they were running with the evacuation that happened.

top topics

join