It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MBS Productions and their connection to the hoaxed UFO picture from NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
By now everyone knows about the infamous picture that appeared in numerous news outlets including the interview with the school teacher claiming they were balloons from her school. The teacher was wrong about the image, although her balloons were seen as well that day. Oct 13, the day that will live in Ufology infamy, not really. The day will live in hoaxer history, especially for one production company out of NYC. Here is the image for those who havnt seen it.

Brief history of the image: uploaded via twitter on Oct 9th with the tags #NYC, #ufo, #october13, and #disclosure. twitter @jasondiamond
Unfortunately he or someone else deleted the picture from wikipics, so it is no longer there. Between he and a few others, there are numerous tweets about this subject. I will not link to them all here since it was covered in another thread.

The purpose here is to bring to light that the original poster of the image is in fact the owner of a production company known as MBSProductions. Along with his brother Josh, they maintain this business in NYC and employee only a few people according to manta.com manta link

According to this business site, one of the primary focuses of the company is post-production, anyone who has every seen a Hollywood film with major special effects or cgi know that this is down in post production. So the pieces are seeming to fit here. Hoaxed image tweeted 4 days in advance by the owner of a post production company. In fact the diamond brothers seem to be well enough known in the industry that they were speakers at the recent Creatasphere/EXPLORE Entertainment Technology Exposition at the New Yorker Hotel last month on Sept 21-22. You can see the page here

Not only is he well known in the entertainment technology world, a quick check on imdb of Jason Diamond shows that he has been connected to Hollywood for since as early as 1998. Nothing big, but enough to say that there is a significant link here to creating a hoaxed image. you can see his imdb page here

Whether this is some sort of viral marketing for an upcoming project, I can not say that yet. Is it believable that a Hollywood level post production company could produce such an image and promote it to viral levels as a joke or hoax? I think so. For what reason we may never know. If it was all in good fun then I hope that they had theirs. But let me just ask all of us, the next time an image like this pops up, why don't we do our research a little instead of immediately touting it as a the genuine artifact because maybe, just maybe someone is having a little fun at the behest of us believers.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So there are no unknown aircraft over NYC.
That doesn't not seem to register with the people who think
these aircraft exist and will some day fly over the city.
Am I correct.
That was the indication I got from one of those sidewalk interviews.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Not saying that there was not or will not be something over the city. There was in fact a collection of balloons that was spotted. But the image above was not what was seen over NYC. I saw the sidewalk interviews as well and believe that they were seeing the balloons, just not this digitally created photograph.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm confused... what about all the videos? How do they all fit in with the alleged hoax?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Not saying that there was not or will not be something over the city. There was in fact a collection of balloons that was spotted. But the image above was not what was seen over NYC. I saw the sidewalk interviews as well and believe that they were seeing the balloons, just not this digitally created photograph.

Yeah thats a balloon cluster.
However the side by side large balloons look fixed to me as to
dislodge any actual side by side lightning balls generated by perhaps a Tesla
electrical ship.
Just saying mind control is at play here to hide any event caught in photos perhaps
of an actual secret craft.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

This object wouldnt appear in any videos since it was a digitally created image. The only videos I saw from that day are either the balloons from the elementary school or the webcam images of the air traffic from Newark Intl Airport. If you want to tie them altogether as part of a day of hoaxes then that is how it fits. However the air traffic certainly isnt a hoax, and the balloons were not purposely released to stir up any ufo sightings. This image however was specifically created to portray itself as a ufo, thats why he tagged it the way he did.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Or it was fixed because this was a huge black op operation to discredit ufology. The other possilbility is something did occur, but its also probably a black op kind of disclosure test, and then at the same time the other side released the balloons to stomp on the first effort. Etiher way I see black ops behind it.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
I'm confused... what about all the videos? How do they all fit in with the alleged hoax?

The night time video from the NYC fox affilliate I will say looks very compelling. Not related to this image though.
edit on 15-10-2010 by youdidntseeme because: changed NC to NYC

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I saw daytime footage of it and the objects looked as though they were morphing - definitely not balloons. Personally, I think there's so much out there on this one that it's tough to dissect.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Or it was fixed because this was a huge black op operation to discredit ufology. The other possilbility is something did occur, but its also probably a black op kind of disclosure test, and then at the same time the other side released the balloons to stomp on the first effort. Etiher way I see black ops behind it.

Yes there are a lot of Black Ops talkers but they definitely do not consider the hordes of
invested money, time and agents and historical mind control to avoid the existence of the
amazing secret aircraft. Setting up a bug photos for rods to confuse the cylinder craft
sightings or balloons for craft that flash a ball lightning are the best and sure and approved
way to assign art projects that are so necessary now over books projects.
I do not think we will see better event reconstruction than the Unsolved Mystery series
and only one had the best ever photo of the triangle. Nothing so far except dark or bright
images and no up close depictions or model reconstructions which would naturally be
discouraged by the media authorities .

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
WOW!! I actually thought this picture was real. well i guess i cant take peoples word anymore because this little incident just ruined it all for me. why would someone do this? I cant stand production companies anymore

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron

If there was a black ops production the coverage is automatic as well as covered
by their own agents to make sure a payday for their work.
Making money off UFOs and conspiracy is a profit industry since Roswell
and the 1950s 42nd street UFO and alien movies.
Quite resurrected in the 70s (?) by Spielberg with "Close Encounters.." and
now making enough headlines on the net.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

All in all I don't think that this particular image was part of any black ops or disinfo campaign. I think it was simply a couple of hoaxers trying to have a little bit of fun. It wouldnt be the first time.

new topics

top topics

join