It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glaxo Conspiracy Against Discovery of Helicobacter Pylori

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is my rather old work (of 2003) Full text is here: www.orc.ru...
There is now a pretty filthy listing of other criminal endeavors by Glaxo in wikipedia on GSK
en.wikipedia.org...
Swine flu hoax (traceable to Glaxo) and Paxil is also an advantage

=========================

Glaxo(SmithKline) earns over 30 billion dollars on anti-ulcer drugs Zantac sales while the pair of most prestigious scientific journals Nature and Science kept dead silence about the discovery of a less profitable curative treatment. It caused an approximately 10-years-long delay in introduction of new treatment resulting in millions extra deaths during that period.
This is a well known controversy (e.g. New Yorker, 20 Sept. 1993; Economist, March 5, 1994; Fortune, June 9, 1997). There was always little doubt that some sort of Glaxo conspiracy against H.Pylori discovery exists. Though its mechanism was never exposed. No attention has ever been paid to participation of Nature/Science editorial boards in this story.

I hope, I am not alone who feels slightly annoyed in recent years by strange sequence of paranoid media campaigns accompanying basically fruitless scientific or near-scientific projects. Nuclear winter, AIDS, ozone holes, global warming, cloning, human genome, Year 2k bug, SARS ... Importance of these themes and quality of science behind them is varying yet, certainly, there is something in common among them. In particular, it's hardly possible to get rid of an impression that all these campaigns are the result of tireless efforts of some groups of skilful imagemakers and public relations experts rather than that they were just spontaneous interest of independent press to some honest scientific publication.
Well, so what is wrong with this? Perhaps, the system of converting science into world news headlines is slightly corrupted today; but whether the problem is sufficiently important to talk about? Does it make much harm if influential academic gangs are so successful presenting their achievements, findings or just fantasies in this way?
The following story of 10-years-long misfortunes accompanying, perhaps, the most important practical breakthrough in medicine of the recent 20-30 years proves that it does. The trouble is that the opposite situation may occur. It may happen that a really important discovery of which the wide public really needs to be informed may fail to reach adequate publicity. Just because another gang does not need it...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by farben
This is my rather old work (of 2003) Full text is here: www.orc.ru...
There is now a pretty filthy listing of other criminal endeavors by Glaxo in wikipedia on GSK
en.wikipedia.org...
Swine flu hoax (traceable to Glaxo) and Paxil is also an advantage

=========================

Glaxo(SmithKline) earns over 30 billion dollars on anti-ulcer drugs Zantac sales while the pair of most prestigious scientific journals Nature and Science kept dead silence about the discovery of a less profitable curative treatment.

But this is only the tip of the iceberg, here.

Also implicated are blood pressure medications and osteoporosis medications, at least.

My research indicates that the conditions for which these medications are prescribed are, in one way or another, directly or indirectly implicated with the under-acid stomach; in which helicobacter pylori grows.

I had one incident of a resident in a nursing home who had been taking a prescription antacid for quite some time and the doctor was questioning whether it was really needed, ordering a test for h. pylori. I was called into the case as the Long Term Care Ombudsman because someone along the line dropped the ball in responding to the results of the test.

When I went to the nursing home to see the resident, the under-acid stomach ring could be seen in the iris at a distance of about 10 FEET. It was SNOW WHITE. I had never seen such a thing before. (The h. pylori test was positive.)

Now, long term infections of h. pylori have been found to be a precursor of stomach cancer.

The resident did not live that long, however; dying of a "heart attack" a few weeks after I saw the under-acid stomach ring.

It is merely speculation on my part, because the resident had no hardening of the arteries sign in the iris, but if I had to make a guess, I would say that the resident most likely died of an arrythmia which was the consequence of a magnesium deficiency.

In any case, as far as I know, veterinarians have been aware that stomach ulcers are caused by h. pylori since either the late 1950s or early 1960s, curing those ulcers in animals with anti-biotics. Flagyl, maybe? Not sure.

And, as far as I know, Iridologists have known of the relationship between an under-acid stomach and ulcers since the early 1950s in humans, if not before then...

Which, of course, is the reason why the mainstream media has been so intensely critical of Iridology; doing their damnedest to discourage people from even investigating its scientific basis.

I have personal experience with this.

When I opened my practice, the local paper quickly published a 'hit piece' on Iridology; the writer of that article never even bothering to contact me.

And I was soon out of business.

Michael

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Of earlier discoveries of antibiotic treatments for stomach ulcers this story seems most amazing:
books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false
In early 60-s rural greek doctor Lykoudis treated 30 thousand ulcers patients with his patented "Elgaco" combination of antibiotics. Apparently it should be considered as first valid "clinical proof" of antibiotic treatment.
Unfortunately Likudis failed to publish his work in JAMA, statistical clinical study was not allowed by greek medical authorities. And in 1968 Lykoudis was given a fine of 4000 drachmas and even indicted in Greek court for his work.

Estimated costs of suppressing Lykoudis discovery is quite comparable with effect of a world war - somewhat above 10 million deaths. Yet this story perfectly fits the standard explanation by academic racism and natural obscurantism of medical profession.

Present story is different. It is indeed a smaller one (just above 1 million deaths), but now I see Glaxo as an obvious profiteer from suppression. And there are numerous other technical signs of conspiracy...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by farben

First of all, I have read arguments of those who insist that there are a number of drug companies out there who should be prosecuted for war crimes because of the deaths that they have caused.

Secondly, in the early to mid 1950s, rheumatoid arthritis was typically cured with anti-biotics against Proteus. It seems I recall mention of a journal article in Rheumatology or some such journal in maybe June or July of 1954.

But those antibiotics were much too cheap.

Now, such treatment is more or less unheard of, the reason being that the drug companies have created much more 'esoteric'--and much more expensive--medications.

Similarly, for the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis (sp?) with anti-biotics for klebsiella (sp?) if my memory serves me correctly.

Michael

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil
First of all, I have read arguments of those who insist that there are a number of drug companies out there who should be prosecuted for war crimes because of the deaths that they have caused.

Why drug companies and why war crimes?
Hypothetically, everybody should be prosecuted if he caused somebody's death.
But in a real world - do you expect JAMA to apologize today for rejecting Lykoudis paper? Do you think Greek authorities should express any regret?

This video seems closer to real life www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join