It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter ablaze with UFO sighting reports in NYC. Anyone confirm?

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

all the individual pics and the original gif
are on my ATS photos
xploder

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by tarifa37

Tarifa.....

Have you run that through an image search engine?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

How or why do I want to do that ? Thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY
Hey MMN? "Observer Bias" might have influenced things & where that bias might have come from?

KIZZZY…..

Hey MMN

Hey KIZZZY!

"Observer Bias” might have influenced things

That is possible.

I used that term carefully…..

Our perception is molded by expectation

we perceive what we expect to perceive

Observers are also influenced in their perceptions by biases, prejudices, interests, and motives.

Gaps in actual perception are often filled in by the witness relying on what S/he expected or wanted to perceive. Between the time of perception and recall, we find a subconscious perceptual filling-in of unperceived details.

criminaldefense.homestead.com...

where might that bias have come from?

It came from Stan Fulham the hoaxer who started all this with his channeling chicanery.

People expected to see something on the 13th because Fulham said they would.

Subsequently, everything people saw on the 13th seemed to validate Fulham.

That produced further observer bias.

And there we have it….. a perceptual feedback loop.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

edit on 15-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by tarifa37

Have you run that through an image search engine?

How or why do I want to do that ? Thanks

Tarifa37.....

I apologise for writing so vaguely.....

I think that is an old image, but I cannot check up on it because of current internet access speed problems.

I thought you might have done so already.

I will have a look tomorrow when things are running better for me.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

That wascally Stan Fulham the hoaxer eh?

Yes, I agree, the expectations were high that day I can tell you!

It is surprising how one person lifts their head up to the sky then

another does the same.....5, 10, 30 to see what everyone is

looking at. One says UFO then they all see UFO!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY

That wascally Stan Fulham the hoaxer eh?
Yes, I agree, the expectations were high that day I can tell you!
It is surprising how one person lifts their head up to the sky then another does the same.....5, 10, 30 to see what everyone is looking at. One says UFO then they all see UFO!

KIZZZY.....

But therein lies another problem.....a big one.

Can you see what it is?

It's the ensuing discussion.

How does one discuss it without patronising or in any other way diminishing or disenfranchising our ufology comrades?

How does one do that?

It's a tough area through which to navigate whilst keeping everybody "whole".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

you havent replyed with your
opinion of the three photos in sequence
with the large light in the top right hand side over a 1/2 hour period

xploder

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

you havent replyed with your opinion of the three photos in sequence with the large light in the top right hand side over a 1/2 hour period

XPLodER.....

I believe it's a "time lapse" set of images.

Therefore as I just said (above), I don't believe it's the same object.

I believe it's simply different planes moving along the same flight paths at the same rates, over time.

I believe that has been posted earlier in this thread.

I will try to find that for you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

i watched the object at 15sec intervals cross the corner of the frames over a 1/2 hour period
with my own eyes and others saw the same thing
im sure the big object in the middle picture was there for at least 1/2 an hour
any idea how far off you can see plane lights from?

xploder

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

XPLodER me ol' mate.....

It's late here.....

I've had a huge day & now I've run out of brain cells!

I'll have to leave my posts to the mercy of the members & see what's going on here tomorrow morning.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

night bro
dont dream of blinkies
lol

xp

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Thanks Maybe, you are right I remember seeing it before i think it might have been linked to the wind turbine incident. Not sure though. Have a well earned sleep.
edit on 15-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: because im on a smart phone with not so smart touch screen key board

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Once again:

Not every citizen living in NYC or any other city knew that October 13, 2010 was a prediction date. If that were true, then maybe I could buy into there being some bias or mass hypnosis/hysteria.

I'm also looking for confirmation that 4chan had a hand in this. It's not like them to keep quiet about it if they did.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

mabey whats the big light source in this photo

in the top right?

Best guess? Jupiter.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This thread is begining to slow down now. I hope the believers in this "case" now know there was nothing to this. Yes, i want disclosure too, but don't go believing everything you see,read or listen too.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread on this subject but..

- The first video shows nothing, those people could be looking at a bunch of birds, balloons, nothing.
- The picture everyone keeps talking about, showing the bubbly thing in the sky is an artist rendition of what was seen based on news footage. In the footage it is clear you are looking at a bundle of balloons, the artist changed it, but you can still see the balloon bundle shape in his picture.
- Not many people even saw this, it went viral on twitter. So all those results are just retweets of the same thing.
- A street over there was a small festival, gathering, with large bundles of balloons.
- The news agency that filmed it had the equipment to zoom in on the object, the reason they didn't? If they did there would be no story.
- The earth cam images show obvious planes. Watch it any other night. It also has a slow frame/refresh rate.
- People knew about the prediction, so they wanted to see something, and other people may have helped them. AKA a self fulfilling prophecy.

Come on people, be logical about this at least.
Deny ignorance of others, and try to eliminate your own.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I've been watching the camera while this was happening. I can confirm this to be either the moon or Jupiter as some claim was visible that night (I still couldn't find any proof Jupiter was really visible, but I could've missed it somewhere along all the info).

Maybe, I'm 100% sure that was one and the same object, cos when looking in the cam, after every 15-sec refresh it moved just a little bit obviously with constant and very slow speed. I was on a chat right then where people were talking about all of this, there were people in NYC having close to the same view and confirmed nothing out of the ordinary was happening. So my guess is that the light was the moon.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by antibren

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Posted this on the rajaten Summary thread, thought I'd post it here too:

The eyewitness reports from New Yorkers are varied and some say emphatically they were NOT balloons. I don't know what they saw, but here is a quote from page 24 of the related mega 85+ page thread:

"I saw many of these white objects together with ohter passer bys at 17th Street & Park Avenue at the NE corner of Union Square. I am a teacher at at nearby high school and not a UFO freak, and never expected to see what I saw today. It was part fascinating, worrysome and scary.
I ran into the school after a while and took pictures with my Canon EOS. I caught 2 of the objects. But here is the strange thing. I saw at sparkly white with my eyes, but on the photos they all appear dark.

I went into max resolution in my iPhoto and something amazing happens. in the same frame in which my eyes from the ground were only able to see two of the objects my camera caught about 10 more in the same frame that were not visible with my eyes. If this is representative of what really happened today, there were not 50 over the sky of manhattan but 500 or even more.

How can I post my pictures. I just signed up with this site to add my sightings of today. "

End Quote

What caught my interest is that this eye witness said the objects changed color after photographing them and that there were more of them. I took his/her image and enhanced it a bit and came up with this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59ce6c7cbe5a.jpg[/atsimg]

As some of you know, some UFOs aren't visible to the naked eye but do show up in say infrared. I was surprised to see over a dozen or more black orbs when only 2 were visible to the naked eye and they were white by the way to the naked eye, not yellow. Is there something unique to a Canon EOS's spectrum range and iPhoto that would account for this? Note also that the additional orbs aren't just reflections of existing ones. I can't explain it, maybe some photo camera buffs can? But there may have been many more objects that were just seen by human eyes.

No one really addresses this picture and claims???

Here's the link to the original photo if you want to do your own analysis:

img149.imageshack.us...

The reason I mentioned infrared, is that many ufo hunters are now using infrared cameras to look for these things, and don't forget the story the Mexican government put out awhile ago about it's military aircraft seeing UFOs on FLIR (Forward Looking InfraRed) which were not visible to the human eye, one link: www.rense.com...

niv

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I've avoided getting involved with this thread, if for no other reason than I'm don't have a position one way or the other as to what happened. I do think there is enough evidence to warrant a serious investigation whether the result will be that these were balloons or something else, I have no idea.

There is one argument I'd like to disagree with. There is no evidence any more than a few people in New York knew of the October 13 prediction. I didn't know and I frequent this site pretty much every day (and I always stop in on the alien forum). I think we are becoming a bit insular when we start to believe average people pay even the slightest attention to these sort of predictions.
edit on 10/15/2010 by niv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

It's very unfortunate the direction this incident took. It's important to know, these sightings (and yes, there were multiple ones with different descriptions) started at 9AM that morning.
The ruckus over EarthCam that night has nothing to do with any of the earlier events. The Internet community (could've been right here at ATS) started that commotion so it's wise to understand, what you're disagreeing with. So far I've seen nothing but classic examples of pure distraction and deception with a purpose to debunk!

The explanation of floating balloons that were solely responsible for twelve hours of sightings is almost an insult to any ones intelligence. This is not to say a Lemming effect didn't happen both in Manhattan (and on this forum too) so let's try to keep things in proper prospective.

Again, it's prudent to listen to all the facts that....are still coming in. And even before we hear anymore witnesses, ask yourself, how can everyone from 9AM to 9PM have witnessed only a bunch of balloons? It makes no sense.

The first report that came in was of a lit object with a blue tail-like feature that hoovered for two and a half hours.
Then there were reports of a metallic like looking object that stayed in the sky for around 45 minutes.
Then there were sightings of several small shiny objects (which could've been balloons now).
This went on into the night.

I ask you.....wouldn't you say this is a great way to confuse people in lieu of perhaps, something more sinister?Look how successful Sept 11th was. But for some reason, I bet the same crowd who believes the OS of 9-11 are the exact same people, believing this bunk. You've already made up your minds by thinking: "Yup, I saw yellow balloons therefore, yellow balloons it is"
That stands to reason and it's pretty sad.

I go on record by saying, I don't know what happened up there. I will say, the balloon(s) rumor reeks of a fall -guy patsy-cover story!

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join