It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Tapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Animal Planet has a series called Lost Tapes. Is this stuff based on any fact at all? Most of the 1/2 hours shows are all filmed from a first person perspective and I know the shows aren't real but is there any real fact to back these? Thanks

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I checked the official site (Link) but didn't see any info there. Here's what Wikipedia says;

Lost Tapes depicts fictional, traumatic scenarios in which cryptids attack people (although in season two and season 3, there have been non-cryptids such as vampires, werewolves, aliens, zombies, poltergiests, and even Quetzalcoatl). Although the series is shot in a documentary style, it is a fictional work. The series never states that its footage is real, only that it has been "inspired by the possibility that hidden creatures exist." (Link)

cj6

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Definitely a great show! Really entertaining despite it being completely fake

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I liked this show for a very short period of time. Probably havnt watched in close to a year or so. At first I was digging the fact that a documentary style show was covering the topic of cryptozoology, then it just got old. Last thing i wanted to do was to watch a fictionalized depiction when i yearn for real footage of any of these creatures. Cryptozoology is what led me to ats in the first place.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thumper76

man. i got all excited about that show last year. checked out one show and the acting was worse than most b-movies. and i'm a huge fan of b-movies so its sad when i diss on acting.

i figure its animal planets attempt to cash in on the paranormal $$$$-thon that's broken out the last couple decades. history channel already has monster quest so why not dramatize some insaaaane stuff?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thumper76

LOST TAPES IS 100% FAKE.

BUT.... it is based on real cryptids that could possible exist.
HOWEVER.... a lot of the cryptids used in the show are most likely not real. The Werewolf and Wendingo, for example, are absolute GARBAGE.

So don't trust much you see on that show....

new topics

top topics

join