It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

total communism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
maybe it sound like total communism but wouldn't be good that all people have same amount of salary .

there will no be any social difference and nobody will hate nobody .

i had a dream about new civilisation which will be utopia . there will be no crime .

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Right...

Well, people aren't robots so...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ravana2

I'd be afraid to live in a wold where my brain surgeon made the same amount of money as the guy who waxes my car or flips my burgers...

Besides, as noble a notion as utopia is... Some Alpha would come along, assume power, and become corrupted. It always works out that way. The rule of law at least hampers the progress of this.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There would be no motivation for people to become great at anything. What would be the point?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
people will do the jobs that they really want . are you sure that nobody want to be a car washer if he have the same status as the doctor ?

in fact i hope that robots will do all dirty manual work .

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
no I think It would be great if we lived In a world were people like Miners, Fishermen, Farmers, ect made millions and People like Actors, Recording artists, and Politicians made minimum wage.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
do you think that in that Case there will be no actors ? i think that if someone likes to act he will act even for a dollar .

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ravana2

I'll gladly wash cars for the same salary of the brain surgeon in town. But does he/she want to get the same salary as me, the car washer?

I reach the age of, say, 14, and I decide, yeah, I just want to wash cars for the rest of my life. Meanwhile, Joe Snuffy Smith says, I want to become a brain surgeon, and do that which is required of me to be one. Study hard. And after about 16 years, become a brain surgeon. Meanwhile, me, Bubba Joe, hasn't had to do much of anything other than wash cars. And we both get the same rewards! There's something wrong with this picture!

Yeah, I would be a really, really good car washer! lol Lots of experience.

Meanwhile, Festus says, I just want to be an artist. I want to paint pictures, I don't need to study for this. I just want to paint pictures. So Festus paints pictures. I'm 12 years old and this is what I want to do. Just paint pictures. But, Dolly says, I want to be an artist. I want to paint pictures. And Dolly studies very hard. Learning all sorts of arty stuff. She spends 20 years studying, learning and developing her skills. And Festus does his thing. Dolly eventually gets to do her thing. Cool.

Come on! Some jerk off says he wants to be a quarterback on a football team. But he doesn't practice and he sucks at it. He's so bad at it he doesn't even play in a game. John Elway comes along and wants the same thing, but he works for it. And becomes a fantastic quarterback! And John Elway and some jerk off get the same reward? Huh?

Should there be some sort of test? You seem to be better at being a jerk off than a quarterback. Move along and get paid. Go sweep a sidewalk or something. Meanwhile, ole John will work his butt off, and get the same thing as you.

Or there's a test. Some person is told, nope, you don't have what it takes to fit our mold. Move along. You want to be an artist? Nope. You didn't pass the test. Go sweep the sidewalk!!

Jeeze. Come on! Communism sounds cool. But it won't work.
eople just don't go along for a bucket of oatmeal. It's generally human nature to want something more. Yeah, some folks are happy with the bucket of oatmeal. And they do what with it? Eat it and ask for more. But some others want a bit of strawberries in their oatmeal, and will do what it takes to get those strawberries. And they don't want someone who does nothing for the strawberries to get those strawberries, without putting out effort for the berries! .

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
you mixed profession with hobby .

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hey no problem. As long as you're all the same as me because I sure as heck don't want to be the same as you.

top topics

join