It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official NFL 2010 Regular Season & Playoffs Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anthbes

This isn't the first time Johnson and Finnegan have gone at it. They've jawed at each other ever since Finnegan came in the league. Last season, Johnson got fined $7,500 for pulling on Finnegan's facemask during a fight.

I'm glad Johnson whooped his ass. Finnegan needed it. He's a punk. That's all he is. After being voted the sixth dirtiest player in the NFL, he said he wants to be the dirtiest. Who says that other than a punk looking for trouble?

He can look for trouble all he wants, but he needs to learn who he can and can't pick on. Andre Johnson is clearly one of those guys he shouldn't pick on. 6-3, 225 is nothing to mess with, and Johnson is ripped on top of that. The guy is a physical beast. Finnegan is 5-10, 188... come on...

Both got fined $25,000 for the fight. No suspensions. Finnegan said he's going to appeal it. Good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Definitely good luck with the appeal, they both should have been suspended.
I loved watching it though!

AND

what about the derek anderson tirade.

www.youtube.com...

reminds me of dennis green's tirade. "The bears are who we thought they were!" lol

edit on 11/30/2010 by theUNKNOWNawaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I could see it being annoying on Anderson's part having a reporter keep asking you why you were smiling, but at the same time...why are you smiling? It should be gut wrenching to play as he did on MNF. I feel bad for Fitzgerald, get that guy on a team with a QB.

Week 15, Houston @ Tennessee...round 2? I wonder if the punk learned his lesson? I can't see Andre getting sucked into it a third time, but sometimes when you hate someone, feelings take over! Should be an interesting watch.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
Week 15, Houston @ Tennessee...round 2? I wonder if the punk learned his lesson? I can't see Andre getting sucked into it a third time, but sometimes when you hate someone, feelings take over! Should be an interesting watch.

Nah, I don't think Andre will get sucked into it a third time. He'll probably trash talk and get in his face but I can't see him resorting to actions of that magnitude again. But then again, you never know what Finnegan will do to try to provoke it, so I guess it's possible.

I would say the NFL should flex that game and put it on primetime even though neither team is doing all that well, but the Sunday night game that week is Green Bay at New England... they aren't going to change that.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
That's what I'm talking about!!! GO PACK!!!

Goodbye Giants and Buccaneers. See you next season!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
That's what I'm talking about!!! GO PACK!!!

Goodbye Giants and Buccaneers. See you next season!

That was an ugly game...I don't think the Bears were really into it.

At least I don't think Cutler was...he didn't look like he even wanted to play.

Good luck against Vick...I don't think the Packers can contain him.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Gotta feel sorry for the Buccaneers...10 wins but they wont make it, while teams with less wins will

I dont understand why it happens like that

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
LOL@ NFC West and the seahawks going to the playoffs with a losing record.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Good luck against Vick...I don't think the Packers can contain him.

We contained him just fine in week one when we dedicated time and strategy to containing Kolb instead. Now we know who to focus on. We'll be just fine.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Alright so who do you guys got?

New Orleans at Seattle
New York Jets at Indianapolis
Baltimore at Kansas City
Green Bay at Philadelphia

I'm taking all the road teams except New York. I'm taking New Orleans, Indianapolis, Baltimore, and Green Bay.

Moving on to the next round, I'll take New England over Baltimore, Pittsburgh over Indianapolis, Green Bay over Atlanta, and New Orleans over Chicago. On to the championships, I'll take Pittsburgh over New England and Green Bay over New Orleans. On to the Super Bowl, I'll take Green Bay over Pittsburgh.

Yes, I'm a homer.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
New Orleans at Seattle
New York Jets at Indianapolis
Baltimore at Kansas City
Green Bay at Philadelphia

Green Bay doesn't have a chance; Indy is having issues with their secondary, KC should explode (in my opinion) and Seattle is lucky to be here despite a decent defensive showing against the Rams in Week 17.

I am going to be busy and as such won't get to watch any of the games but it should be a decent Wild Card round...

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I went 2 and 2. But that doesn't matter, because I got the only one that counts!

I'm taking Pittsburgh over Baltimore, Green Bay over Atlanta, New England over New York, and... wait for it... Seattle over Chicago!

Then Pittsburgh over New England and Green Bay over Seattle.

Green Bay over Pittsburgh.
edit on 1/9/2011 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Green Bay doesn't have a chance

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Green Bay doesn't have a chance

Suck it...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So yeah...I went 1 and 3...who knew...But I'll try again...

Baltimore over Pittsburgh, Atlanta over Green Bay, New England over New York (will be rooting for the Jets though), and Chicago over Seattle.

I'll save future picks for their respective weekends...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Atlanta over Green Bay

Aww come on, say Green Bay doesn't have a chance!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Aww come on, say Green Bay doesn't have a chance!

Hey..at least they won a first round playoff game...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Pittsburgh vs Baltimore
Green Bay vs Atlanta
New England vs New York
SEATTLE MUTHA F'IN SEAHAWKS vs Chicago

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Who else wants a rematch of Super Bowl XL?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I don't want the Steelers to go to the Superbowl. They are bland. I don't want to see the Jets either. I would like to see the Ravens in the Superbowl, but I want the Packers to win...

So I want it to be the Baltimore vs Green Bay. That would be a good matchup. I am not a Packers fan, but since they beat my Eagles, I want them to go all the way. They deserve it.

If my team is going to lose in the playoffs, it better be to a Superbowl participant, even more so the Superbowl Champion.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Flacco earning a ring, I think Rodgers deserves it more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join