It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official NFL 2010 Regular Season & Playoffs Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That play in the Texans-Jaguars game was possibly the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

I've never really agreed with the whole "just knock the ball down" method on hail mary's. That's an example of why. The Texans defender could have easily intercepted it and gone to the ground and took the game to overtime. Instead, they lose.

Take the interception! I understand not wanting to risk a fumble, but by knocking it down you risk it still being caught. Just catch the ball and go down.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Agree totally on this, if it is an easy catch for the pick, just catch it and you WIN!!!
I understand the knock down when youre banging with a couple players, but he was by himself when he knocked.
Ridiculous, that this cost them the game. And makes the Jags 5-4??? What a weird NFL season it has been so far.

Glad my Packers had a week off, but they better be ready next week. I know the Vikings are only 3-6, but it may be Minnesotas last chance to change the season and they will always get up to play the Pack. And go Miami next week, we need the Bears to lose and take sole control of the division.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

I'm not worried about it. We'll take out the Vikings easily. Doesn't matter who's home it's in, the Vikings are a dysfunctional team. And Brett Favre... as much as I appreciate what he did for the Packers... it's time to go. Sure he can still make some good throws, but I don't think I'd even put him in my top 10 quarterbacks list (this season, not all time). I think this is his last season and he already knows it.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

This season no one can take any team lightly. For example, this weekend Buffalo and Dallas won. And especially in a matchup like this between two rivals and history involved here. I do think that we will win, however I do not think it will be as easy as the Dallas game, and more like the win against the Vikings earlier this season, but maybe not down to the final play. I say we win by 7ish.

And definitely no one in their right mind this year would rank Favre in their top 10. Hes definitely been middle to bottom half this year, after selling his soul last year for a ridiculous personal season. I hope that it is his last season and feel it is, however I have felt that before in the years past, so who knows. He might want to play until he becomes a great-grandfather.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
About the Texans-Jags game, pick the ball off and Ed Reed the ball 105 yards for a Touchdown, don't volley it into the other teams hands. Was watching that game live it was awesome. Another sweet ending to a game was the Jets-Browns. Holmes with the walk off TD. Some good finishes yesterday, and the Cowboys whooped the Giants so that put a smile to my face. I thought they were the class of the NFC, but after that showing I think Eagles may be the team to beat, we'll see tonight.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Watch the Eagles blow the Redskins away! The Eagles will take this division by week 12, I promise you that.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Modern Americana

Feels like im watching a game of madden on my tv....

Mike Vick, wow.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes

Feels like im watching a game of madden on my tv....

Mike Vick, wow.

MVP of the year right now.

No doubt about it.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The Dolphins really suck. Can SOMEONE please beat the Bears? I hope they get absolutely pounded next week. Vick... you want to prove you're an MVP? Do it again, but score 10 touchdowns this time. Run up the score.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I agree that the Dolphins blow. I mean 16-0?!?!? Though they did beat our Packers.

You don't think though that Vick is the MVP so far??? What else does he have to do, come on man, its a clear cut race so far.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hey Minnesota...

Who's your daddy? Come on, you can admit it. Who owns you?

Favre is done. This is last season.

The Vikings are done too. Goodbye. No division title defense for you!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Looking at the standings now, I can't help but notice something wrong...

If you look at the NFC West, you will see Seattle is leading the division with a 5-5 record.

If you look at the NFC South, you will see Tampa Bay is in third place with a 7-3 record.

Given that there are only two wild card spots available, and three teams with 7-3 records who are not leading their divisions (Green Bay, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay), if the playoffs started today, one of those three teams would not make the playoffs and the Seattle Seahawks would just because they are atop their division.

Does anyone else see an issue with that or is it just me? Shouldn't the playoffs be for the top six teams who performed the best in the win-loss column? In my opinion, you shouldn't get an automatic bid to the playoffs just because you sucked the least in your division.

That's just how I see it though. Anyone else?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Yes and no.
Yes, in the fact that the playoffs would have better teams and probably be better games, thus having more fans watch it and make more money for the league.
No, in the fact that what would the point be of divisions then? Why play those teams two times a year when this change would make them be less important? This would result in less rivalries, less intrigue in the regular season, and take away some of the beauty in the sport.
In the end I see why it could be yes, but in my opinion I like the rules the way they are set right now. And vote NO on an 18 game schedule!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modern Americana
Watch the Eagles blow the Redskins away! The Eagles will take this division by week 12, I promise you that.

Who called it!?

WHAT!?

That's what I am talking about. Blew the Redskins away and took the division by week 12. Damn, I am good.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Modern Americana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
LMAO! Brad Childress got fired! Only two coaches have been fired this season and both came after getting their ass kicked by the Packers! Hahaha!

That is great. And I can't think of two better teams for that to happen to either... the Vikings and Cowboys. Maybe in Week 17 when we kick the Bears' ass and win the division, Lovie Smith will get fired! That would be a dream come true!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Oh, by the way...

The Packers have outscored their opponents 85-10 their last three games. Can anyone say "domination"?

Here we come, baby! Injuries? Please! We got all the players we need. This train is rolling now and you can't stop it.
edit on 11/22/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Yes, they beat the Redskins, but by no means have they taken the division already when they are only up one game in the division. I do think the Eagles are the front runners for the division title, but this has been a wacky season so far, so who knows what will happen the rest of the way. The Giants are going to make them work too, if they want the division. No doubt about it.

So happy about Chilly being BURNED at last. He was a terrible coach, whose job was saved for another half a season last year when Favre sold his soul for one more good year.
AND YES the PACK are picking up pace and keep racking up the Ws. Got to hope the Bears blow a couple games though to get that division title.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I my Bucs get hosed out of the playoffs I'll be disappointed as they have played some pretty decent yet completely unexpected ball. I had no hopes for this season and it's nice to have your expectations blown away like that.

I do have high hopes for the future, it seems bright.

Be cool to make the playoffs and meet one of the old NFC Norris foes so they could beat the snot out of them. I hate them all as they beat up on Tampa. It was hard being a fan of this team until Tony Dungy got there. Many years of frustration in that division and I would take great pleasure in taking whoever it may be out, be it Chicago or Green Bay.

Conditional bet: Over/Under 1 catch for Randy Moss this week.

Condition: The Titans have to have a quarterback to throw the ball to him. They just signed Chris Simms, who hasn't played since he got his spleen knocked out of him.

I'll take the under.

If Vick doesn't get sandwiched again, he's the clear cut MVP at this time. Even with Rivers going for Marino's yardage record, at this point Vick is way beyond the rest of the league. I'm not surprised. I had a feeling that if he kept his crap together he would be pretty damn good. Not this good, mind you, but I thought prison might teach him a lesson or two and it seems it has.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have nothing to say about the Packers game right now.

But I will post this...

LOL! Finnegan's punk ass got owned.

EDIT: Here's a better one: www.nfl.com...
edit on 11/28/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

That was intense! I wouldn't want to get hit by Andre Johnson. Thats one big dude. You know some bad # must have been going on when Andre Johnson gets mad. Hes one of the most soft spoken chill dudes in the NFL. I hate Finnegan. He deserves it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join