It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone figure out where this photo was taken ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I was going through some old pictures and scanning them in when I found this one.

Wondering if anyone can tell where it was taken. There are clues which should help.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94aaff323352.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

st. louis arch?

just a wild guess.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

nope

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

its not the top of the washington monument is it?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Empire State or Eiffel Tower?

link   
It's not the Washington Monument, but it is the top of something.

If u right click and view image it might help.

link   
reply to post by Dark_Matters

very close sir

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark_Matters

ooh, empire state is a good one. i think if you look at the bottom of the photo there is the reflection of an american flag. so i doubt its outside the us.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

World Trade Centers?

alternative guess...

Sears Tower?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

yes well done

wtc windows on the world. I tried to take foto looking down but i just got reflection in glass

the reflections show the other tower across the street.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
that didn't take you long

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

that was a fun thread. what was it like up there? i hate going on top of the empire state. i always feel like whatever high structure i'm on is going to collapse haha.

more people should do stuff like this. i'd like to see an ATS hoax contest to see who can create the best ufo or ghost photo without use of a computer, as each one is precisely debunked eventually the winners are wittled down.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Oh I can't stand heights either but since we had travelled all the way to New York I had to go up the buildings.

I remember when the lift opened there were some kids who ran straight out and right up to the windows and slammed against the glass.

I nearly passed out with fear. Took me ages to edge towards to side. Eventually I made it and from the pic u can see I'm sitting on a metal seat they had. My legs were jelly was difficult to stand.

Gives me the creeps thinking about being up there. Was about a year before they were hit.
edit on 8-10-2010 by bigyin because: typos

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

hahahaha. oh man. i'm with you on the leg jelly feeling. i remember reading a story on a law blog a couple years back (apparently it was verified) that a canadian lawyer go drunk at a party and attempted to show the young associates how strong the glass was, ran at the window, and fell like 50 stories to his death. i just can't do it. even sporting events make me nervous with all the stomping, etc. glad you didn't go a year later, bud!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A movie, incidentally, that showed somewhat of the twin towers, was King Kong (1976).
I wouldn't mind jumping in a time machine and going back to New York before that dreadful day, and visiting the twin towers. Could mainly look at the various stores there. (Perhaps it had quite a few stores of various countries, much like the United Nations building.) I wouldn't interfere, like trying to warn them of what's coming up. No-one would believe it, anyway.

new topics

top topics

join