It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got kicked from ATS Chat for mentioning Shitaki mushrooms?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Wow. These must be the same filters that the NSA uses to flag terrorist conversations. I'd hate to think of the OP getting himself tagged/flagged as a terrorist for discussing gourmet food on ATS.
edit on 8/10/10 by FlourGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Well the chat filter or sensor or whatever it is really needs some tweaking. It's tooooo sensitive.

I hope you found a way to cook them as they are pretty yummy and now I want to have steak, mushrooms and potatoes at 7am! Thanks

One question mods, why is "ass" allowed to be said in chat? This puzzles me as it's considered a curse word yet it's not one that boots.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

I just checked and none of those words are filtered.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Cheers for the work Intrepid!

I'm not sure if you can check logs on the chat server but I know for a fact that the 2 times I've been kicked for profanity have been when I typed 'Flip you asshole' during a Total Recall quote game that was going on when the site was down a couple of nights ago and for the content I posted in my previous post here (Which I assume only the word 'gay' could be perceived as troublesome).

Is it perhaps because you have mod status that you don't get autokicked?

I like a joke as much as the next guy and have been known to be irksome regarding satire and its potential use as a derogatory tool against those whom I disagree with - but I take my medicine and own up to what I've done wrong.

In this case I am at a loss for where I've gone wrong.

If you could investigate it a little further Intrepid I'd really appreciate it!

-m0r

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

No Mod banned me, it was a profanity filter.

#aki mushrooms are legal. Everywhere. They are just a mushroom you eat, no illegality at all. No different from Bell, Portobello or Field mushrooms. I purchased them at my local supermarket.

No drug reference at all, I was just asking for a good way to cook them. For eating.

Cheers
Shane
edit on 8/10/10 by shamus78 because: spelling stuff

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlourGirl
Wow. These must be the same filters that the NSA uses to flag terrorist conversations. I'd hate to think of the OP getting himself tagged/flagged as a terrorist for discussing gourmet food on ATS.
edit on 8/10/10 by FlourGirl because: (no reason given)

Damnit woman! I'd rather give up our personal liberties and be safe rather than see a poo-shroom cloud rising over my country!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

Sorry you got booted.... But Thanks for the laughs... I have enjoyed this thread more than you will ever know... I had such a good laugh....

As I reread some of the post to my Sweetheart he couldn't believe I said bad words.... Hey I was just reading them out loud...

Thanks again for all the Laughs. You Made My Day!!!!!!: lol:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Malandark

You're more then welcome...

Laughter is awesome!

I'm still laughing myself

Lol to a Poo-Shroom cloud...
edit on 8/10/10 by shamus78 because: added stuff I was too stupid to add the first time

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
Comon guys.

While I abide to the Chat T&C's, getting banned for mentioning #aki mushrooms seems a bit silly. Yes, I understand the profanity filter, but this is one situation where it didn't work as well as it should. No profanity was uttered, just a request to find a nice way to cook #aki mushrooms.

Can a mod please fix this situation?

Cheers

edit on 8/10/10 by shamus78 because: spelling stuff

I always suspected that under the nice guy image that you portray online ... really hides a 'foul-mouthed' villian ... I bet you have an absolute (arse)nal of such words lined up to slip into your posts in an effort to cause profanity on the forums

I love it ! Woody

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier
reply to post by shamus78

This website takes a conservative 0 tolerance stance towards any mention of illegal drugs or illegal activities. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread gets taken down.

Even-though it is ridiculous don't mention any type of illegal drugs or activities on this website.

Yes, what you mentioned does have many conspiracies about them and ethical and philosophical debate but for some-reason this website doesn't allow it.

lol.

Your username suggest denying ignorance, but your knowledge on this issue is very ignorant indeed.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Is it perhaps because you have mod status that you don't get autokicked?

Nope. I got kicked from Chat before during ATS Live.

If you could investigate it a little further Intrepid I'd really appreciate it!

-m0r

See what I can do.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Complaint received, staff reveiwing.

To discuss cooking, please see "off topic" / "food" forum.

Thanks

Closed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join