It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would YOU Help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am not even sure why I want to remember this story, it was similar to this and it took place when I was only around 24-years-old. I think I feel differently now, but I am confused as to the exact way I went about trying to help; I will try not to embellish any thoughts that are coming through.

I was working the night shift at an Answering Service in Dallas, TX, our clientele base included the Dallas Psychiatric Institute, a string of Law Firms, Doctors, and of course the ever-lovely Apartment complexes. The range of application was intense for an operator, but ironically it was a firm who had switched to CRTs that worked off of a main Server owned by the company (very high-tech for the day, 1987).

A call came into a Law Firm. A very upset, very stressed out man began to relay a message unlike any I had ever taken. I believe it filled two pages of typing. He said that he lived in a small town in the Mid-West (I am assuming close at hand, possibly Oklahoma), where he had a problem with the local Law Enforcement (I am assuming the Sheriff but it could be higher such as State). He said they broke into his home and beat him, raped him, and threw him in jail. He said that they threatened to kill him if he did not get out of town. He did not give me a location but he gave me a phone number where he is "in hiding", and that he would only be there for 24 hours.

This man relayed this to me in tears and in the most sincere way I have ever experienced. I am most certain that the memory I have of it has not grown to include a more graphic nature although that is what I carry. I have not thought of this moment in time until just now when I read this OP. I am not certain why I need to remember this.

I did make sure that the Law Firm received this message the very next day. I was fortunate to have picked up the line when they were calling in for their messages. When I brought up this message the lawyer (the very lawyer this was for) told me forget it, and to delete it before I could finish. I didn't delete it but printed it. I took it home and then I mailed it to someone. I cannot remember who I sent it to, but I think it had to do with the DA or some sort of Law Agency. I never heard another thing because I did not put a return address, but I did continue working two years for this company and I never heard word that one of their "private messages" escaped. I guess I would have been risking my job but I did not think like that back then.

I am not anti-law enforcement, well not yet anyways, but I do recognize that there are bad elements in this world, and any grown men who would rape another grown man as a means of torture or otherwise to me might just as well be aliens or demons for that matter. I do not doubt what I experienced, although my memory is playing some sort of "warp" on me right now about the entire thing. Odd that a Thread could do that. I hope he made it out safely.

Another Memory just popped up:

This Thread also brings to mind a time when I was a Nurses Aide and a little red-haired Jewish woman from Florida showed up. I in-processed her and she had a tale to tell me of how she was on a Cruise Ship from Florida to some resort in Mexico when she suddenly became ill. She said they shipped her to our very Hospital by way of a vehicle.

At first I thought, OK, a bit dimentia'd but I was agreeable and listened onward. She told me that she did not know where she was. I told her that she was in El Paso, TX, to which she would not believe me. She had no belongings because they were still on the cruise ship in the Gulf. She had no identification or purse, only the clothing she had on. I would put her around 80+ and her accent said she was from New York City.

After taking her vitals she was offered dinner and she refused stating that she was strictly Kosher, and apparently nothing we had was acceptable. She was arrogant, mean, spiteful, and she ranted from one end to the other about the conditions she was under. I sort of felt bad for her. I couldn't imagine how terrible it must of felt to be shipped up through Mexico and then smuggled across the border to get her to the nearest Hospital (Yeah smuggled with no ID).

The next day she was very exhausted and she still hadn't eaten a thing and it was my shift again, I was finishing with her bathing and clothing along with clean linens when the doctor came in with another doctor. I typically was ignored and could have been dead meat to most doctors but I kept out of way and they proceeded to "treat" this patient. One was the attending doctor, the other was a Psych doctor. A few questions were asked, nothing pertaining to her ordeal but rather her refusal to eat. She was fixed on telling her ordeal instead. The Psych stopped right there and then turned to the attending that he would sign a disposition of faculty on this patient that she was unable to make a rational decision on her own; the attending agreed and then placed his order to put a feeding tube into her. Just like that! It took all of 5 minutes to determine that she would not cooperate and they would disregard her religion, her ordeal, and her frustrations as an inability to make a sound decision for herself. I was floored. The next day she was scheduled for surgery without her consent!

That very afternoon I was on the phone with a Government Agency that deals with patient abuses, especially concerning elderly patients. I told them exactly what I had witnessed and I gave specifics.

The very next day her luggage was in her room, she was dressed in her own clean clothing, she had a meal brought into the facility from outside and a Lawyer was sitting in the room with her. She was bright, cheerful, and she was finally the sweet woman I knew she could be. I never told her what I did, I only gave her an extra hug on her way out the door that very day. Somehow tickets were there for her to fly to Florida to be returned where she came from. Funny! Those damn El Paso Vampires saw a rich Jewish meal ticket, and they were going to feed off of her! At least that is my interpretation.

So, I guess my answer is yes! I would try to help, but since they did make it here to ATS as the OP suggests, I wouldn't be the best help. I could just be in the "Cheerleading" section as always! LOL (we need a pompom smiley)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Hugs to you for having compassion. I have a thing for old people, and people in distress. They make me want to cry.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well if for a change someone provided some tangible evidence along with their paranoid ramblings then I think they would find all the help they need.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Umm..... Huh 2x?

MOTF!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'd call coasttocoastam [o: George would help

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

Just knowing some of us here might be enough to get you chased down by aliens or agents.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Little do you know I've already helped people on here, youtube, myspace, and in real life. It's bigger, more in the open and a lot deeper then you or anyone cares to mention or think about. To you it's something in your spare time to them it's the real-deal, always and neverending. Until people actually care, want to do something and stop being so dismissive we'll never be going anywhere. Just STUCK in this mess we're in already. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your what if is already real mayne...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Sorry mate but first rule in life and business, look after your own a**e first...

If you can't take the heat then don't dig in dangerous places...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by vanhippi
I doubt if you're being chased by aliens/goverment agents, you have time to create an account, tell the story in a half believeable way, and wait for someone to come along and help BEFORE either two of the assiliants get hold of you... If it was me, I'd go to someone I knew could help...

... Just Sayin'

You doubt?

How many years experience do you have working for/with the government and at what level?

How many aliens have you personally met and delt with?

This planet is entertaining.

Thanks,
ET

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I honestly do not know if i could or wopuld help out. but the 'i would help' replies on here and the well thought out replies make me think humanity is Ok. i also believe this is the ultimate ATS thought or question.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join