It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Spy Agency Urging Taliban to Fight U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Pakistan Spy Agency Urging Taliban to Fight U.S.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3548d0743f31.jpg[/atsimg]

Members of Pakistan's spy agency are pressing Taliban field commanders to fight the U.S. and its allies in Afghanistan, U.S. officials and Afghan militants have told The Wall Street Journal, a development that undercuts a key element of the Pentagon's strategy for ending the war.

The explosive accusation is the strongest yet in a series of U.S. criticisms of Pakistan, and shows a deteriorating relationship with an essential ally in the Afghan campaign. The U.S. has provided billions of dollars in military and development aid to Pakistan for its support.

The U.S. and Afghanistan have sought to persuade midlevel Taliban commanders to lay down their weapons in exchange for jobs or cash. The most recent Afghan effort at starting a peace process took place this week in Kabul.

www.foxnews.com...

comments:
I also just saw a video which stated these attacks on
US Supply routes have increased dramatically due to
Pakistan closing a key border crossing the US was using.
Also, there is also an article on the news where the US
apologizes to Pakistan for a helicopter incursion into
Pakistan that killed 3 Pakistani Soldiers. I am ASSUMING
they were around or in close proximity of the strike
which was aimed at the Taliban. What were they doing there?
Another video stated that if this situation did not
end within 30 days, it could have devastating effects
on US Troops in Afghanistan due to no oil and gas
and supplies to wage war on the Taliban and Al Queda.
This is a very serious issue! Might I remind you that
Pakistan is a country with nuclear capability.
In my opinion, these attacks on the US Supply
route is a strategic move by both the Taliban
and Pakistan to sabotage the US War effort.
Which means they are joining forces and are allies
in the fight against the Americans and NATO troops.
I am also assuming that the Pakistan Spy Agency
in question is the ISI. Which is also the same agency
who funded $100,000.00 to Muhammad Attah a few days
prior to the 9/11 attacks. Which incriminated the ISI
in the attack on the twin towers.

Are we finding out who the real culprits behind
9/11 are by these recent actions????

Your thoughts

"The ISI wants to arrest commanders who are not obeying [ISI] orders,"
said a Taliban commander in Kunar province.

edit on 10/7/2010 by boondock-saint because: added quote

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
would this not make the Taliban
the fighting arm tool of the Pakistan
Government?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Well since the western powers actually pour tons of funding into the Pakistani government, wouldn't that mean that they are funding both sides of the war?

Perhaps terror funding and illegal drug trade money runs through the ISI or some other compartment like it.

I don't know if they are using the word "Taliban" correctly or not either, as this could be the wrong word for it.

A lot of this funding could be used to spread out propaganda, and then supply the recruits with weapons purchased from various international arms dealers. And organize them, provide training etc.

I bet most fighters don't even know who they are fighting for and with who's money.

Just seems like another development in the "War on Drugs", under the guise of the "War on Terror". Remember the Iran Contra Scandals?

It makes you wonder what is really going on. Sad thing is none of us can really know. And sources can be so hard to trust usually.

We can speculate though, I enjoy it a lot that's why ATS is fun.

One more thing, if they make an allout war in Pakistan than I wonder what India will have to do with it?

There is a long history between the two nations, and they are huge rivals. So I would actually expect India to desire a central role in that conflict with western powers using allied force to surround the Pakistanis. There is a lot of tension I think in India especially considering the political conflicts and "terrorist attacks" going on there. It's a powder keg.

Plus I think this could concern China too, as strategically Pakistan is a type of buffer against India. So their interests would be hurt. Maybe even they would be forced to take a direct role in the "International Invasion of Pakistan". Remember back in Yugoslavia during Clinton? The Russians charged in to ensure NATO didn't claim all of the territory.

edit on 7-10-2010 by muzzleflash because: Additions

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The BBC reported that the Taliban had attacked tankers with rocket-launchers, but the problem is apparently being commercially exploited too... The blame is being officially focused on the Taliban, but it makes you wonder if this is a convenient excuse for the US to increase its presence...

SELLING FUEL.

Dost Mohammad, an oil tanker owner from Nowshera district, said a Nato contractor had recently been caught trying to plant a bomb in an oil tanker.

"This happened in the area of Paiyee, when he (deputy employed by NATO contractors) was putting the bomb under the vehicle."

"At that time, a few men also opened fire on the tankers. The deputy later told the police that he had been told to plant the bomb by the contractor."

Dost Mohammad said the contractor had apparently sold off the fuel first.

"Only 2,000 litres from the original 50,000 litres had been left in the tanker to cover up the crime," he said.

Dost Mohammad said it is a win-win situation for the contractors.

"If an old vehicle is burnt, Nato gives them money for a new vehicle. In addition, they receive compensation for all the fuel lost as well."

(My highlighting in text)

Source: BBC story re: Taliban/NATO in Pakistan

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
ISI pressing Taliban to fight US troops: Report

NEW YORK: Pakistan's powerful ISI is pressing Taliban commanders in Afghanistan to fight the US and allied troops and "kill everyone" so that no peace deal is cut to end the war without Islamabad's involvement, a media report says. "The ISI wants to arrest commanders who are not obeying (ISI) orders," a Taliban commander in Kunar province was quoted as saying by 'The Wall Street Journal'. "The ISI wants us to kill everyone — policemen, soldiers, engineers, teachers, civilians — just to intimidate people," he said. Citing US officials and Afghan militants, the report said the members of Pakistan's spy agency are pressing Taliban field commanders to fight the US and its allies in Afghanistan. "The explosive accusation is the strongest yet in a series of US criticisms of Pakistan, and shows a deteriorating relationship with an essential ally in the Afghan campaign," the paper said. A senior Pakistani official, however, dismissed the allegation. "Whenever anything goes wrong in Afghanistan, ISI is to be blamed," the official said. "Honestly, they see ISI agents behind every bush in Afghanistan."

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

does anybody REALLY know what's going on? I doubt it. There are so many slants on the events unfolding, they look like corn rows at planting time. Our own soldiers don't even know who the REAL enemy is. If they did, they would pack their gear and head home with a refusal to follow illegal orders.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detour

does anybody REALLY know what's going on? I doubt it. There are so many slants on the events unfolding, they look like corn rows at planting time. Our own soldiers don't even know who the REAL enemy is. If they did, they would pack their gear and head home with a refusal to follow illegal orders.

You're right there. Many of the troops there have no idea why they have been sent to Afghanistan other than to cultivate the opium fields and construct an oil pipeline (Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline), protecting and even advancing the corporate globalist elite's agenda in the region.

Henry Kissinger was right: Troops are stupid pawns used to advance foreign policy.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Very interesting that this has come out publicly....pretty sure behind the scenes many knew this was the case, now why the public leaking of the situation?

Makes me wonder then.....how long the US and Nato have known about this? why the recent escalation on Nato supplies by the Taliban and this may be a longshot.......

the military buildup against Iran may have been a cover to buildup troops within the vicinity of Pakistan knowing 100% that Pakistan is a nuclear power whereas Irans is questionable, and invade pakistan.

how will China react? will India be involved? Is invading and disarming Pakistan a reason why the Russians have been helping the US lately? it'd be in the Russians interest too to get nuclear weapons out of Militant hands and quell muslim militancy in central asia?

just waiting for the spark...........................

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Boondock, There is another article out tonight as well relating to this. Our military has just learned many Taliban are actually moonlighting as Afganistan troops that we are paying and training inside our military bases.

"There is significant evidence that some security contractors even worked against our coalition forces, creating the very threat they are hired to combat," he added. "These contractors threaten the security of our troops and risk the success of our mission."

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Boondock, There is another article out tonight as well relating to this. Our military has just learned many Taliban are actually moonlighting as Afganistan troops that we are paying and training inside our military bases.

"There is significant evidence that some security contractors even worked against our coalition forces, creating the very threat they are hired to combat," he added. "These contractors threaten the security of our troops and risk the success of our mission."

www.reuters.com...

OMG, our military men and women are being set-up
for a trap. How do the US Military forces fight an enemy
that only our enemies say are our enemies?

The real enemy here is the ones that sent you there!!!
You are in harms way and for a cause not of the US
favor.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

SELLING FUEL.

Dost Mohammad, an oil tanker owner from Nowshera district, said a Nato contractor had recently been caught trying to plant a bomb in an oil tanker.

"This happened in the area of Paiyee, when he (deputy employed by NATO contractors) was putting the bomb under the vehicle."

"At that time, a few men also opened fire on the tankers. The deputy later told the police that he had been told to plant the bomb by the contractor."

Dost Mohammad said the contractor had apparently sold off the fuel first.

"Only 2,000 litres from the original 50,000 litres had been left in the tanker to cover up the crime," he said.

Dost Mohammad said it is a win-win situation for the contractors.

"If an old vehicle is burnt, Nato gives them money for a new vehicle. In addition, they receive compensation for all the fuel lost as well."

(My highlighting in text)

Source: BBC story re: Taliban/NATO in Pakistan

A business move that Milo Minderbinder would surely approve of. What's good for the syndicate is good for everybody, as they all have a share

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Yeah it makes one wonder how deep the deception goes doesn't it? We had this plan to attack the terrorist using contractors on no bid contracts. We fund these Afghanistan militants and train them to fight the Taliban. Imagine if say China invaded the USA and then hired Americans to patrol the streets to fight the resistance. How many of these Americans would actually likely be fighting for the resistance under the cloak of fighting against it. I would think a vast majority would. Shame on our military for not only denying this possibility but for not doing anything to prevent it.

top topics

join