It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How fast is time moving?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I am reading Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain and ran across a scientist name Dr. Nikolai Kozyrev who says time is a form of energy.He says" Time is not propagated like lightwaves: it appears immediately everywhere." He used the example of a rubber band being stretched by a machine. the pull end is the cause end the the stretch is the effect end.

blog.hasslberger.com...

In the winter of 1951-52, Dr Kozyrev began his foray into the world of exotic physics, with the first of what became an exhaustive series of 33 years' worth of very intriguing and controversial experiments. As we said, the spiralling energy patterns in nature unveiled themselves to the initiated eyes of Dr Kozyrev while in the concentration camp. His "direct knowledge" informed him that this spiralling energy was in fact the true nature and manifestation of "time".

Obviously, he felt that "time" as we now know it is much more than just a simple function for counting duration, Kozyrev urges us to try to think of a cause for time, something tangible and identifiable in the Universe that we can associate with time.

After pondering this for a while, we see that time is ultimately nothing but pure, spiralling movement. We know that we are tracing a complex spiralling pattern through space thanks to the orbital patterns of the Earth and solar system.

And now, "temporology", or the science of time, is under continual active investigation by Moscow State University and the Russian Humanitarian Foundation, inspired by Dr Kozyrev's pioneering work. On their website, they state:

"In our understanding, the 'nature' of time is the mechanism [that brings about] appearing changes and occurring newness in the world. To understand the 'nature' of time is to point to ... a process, a phenomenon, a 'carrier' in the material world whose properties could be identified or corresponded with those of time."

This may seem strange at first glance, since a tree falling in your yard could be seen as a result of a strong wind, not of the "flow of time". However, you must then ask yourself what caused the wind to blow. Ultimately, the motion of the Earth on its axis is most responsible. Hence, all changes are caused by some form of movement, and without movement there can be no time.

Several of the scholars whose papers are published through the Russian Institute of Temporology agree that if Kozyrev had changed his terminologies and use of the word "time" to more common scientific terms such as "the physical vacuum" or "the aether" , then many more people would have been able to understand his work sooner in the ensuing years.

IMHO, we still really don't know what time is, so who's to say it is speading up or not? if time is energy, can it not speed up?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Most Cosmologists agree that the further away an object is, the faster it is going, receding away from us. I'm not sure anyone really knows at this point if the Universe (our universe) is open or closed. As the Milky Way is part of the universe, wouldn't the whole galaxy be moving faster and faster over time? Consider Einstein's theory of the two clocks. Both clocks are on imaginary spacecraft, with one of the craft going much faster than the other. Relative to each other, the clock moves much slower on the fast ship so that if both left from Earth, the fast ship could go to point B and back to Earth in say, three weeks, but it would take the much slower ship 30 years. It is our perception of time that is important, not the actual time itself. This would say that time should be slower over time, just that when we take it on an individual level, we perceive time as going faster. Quantum Theory being as seemingly contradictory as it appears, such a dicotomy would almost make sense.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A very interesting question.
Is time moving faster?

I've always wondered about Time, but I eventually came to believe that Time is only a word to describe something that really isn't an anything, isn't even relevant.
It's not tangible, it's an idea based on the concept that events occur in a linear direction forever. Always forward and never back.

Then again, if the world and our universe is like programming, maybe Time really is something that can change, that can move backwards and faster forward.

Forward is an easier concept.
I don't believe time is a thing or something that is altered, really, but I do believe in the general theory of relativity.

The farther out you are, the faster you go.

General relativity or the general theory of relativity is the geometric theory of gravitation published by Albert Einstein in 1915. It is the current description of gravitation in modern physics. It generalises special relativity and Newton's law of universal gravitation, providing a unified description of gravity as a geometric property of space and time, or spacetime. In particular, the curvature of spacetime is directly related to the four-momentum (mass-energy and linear momentum) of whatever matter and radiation are present. The relation is specified by the Einstein field equations, a system of partial differential equations.

So maybe time really is speeding up.
Every year feels as though it has gone faster than the last, you can't help but notice it.
A rational thought for that would be that we're getting more forgetful every year.. Ehe.

But what if time really was so measurable and ever changing?

We know time goes forward, and can appear to be going faster, but what about back?
Do you think time is relevant?

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once" - Albert Einstein
edit on 7-10-2010 by LimbicSystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i think it's speeding up yes, i remember when i was younger days would last longer, summer vacations for example, it seems time is being fast forwarded

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
time is just an illusion, but a useful tool.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Now that I think about it, I may have gotten my example of the two clocks on the spaceships a bit wrong. If a craft left the earth to point b, at near light speed, when they returned, the people on the craft would age only as small amount. The time passed on the Earth, in the meanwhile, could be a very long period of time, maybe a thousand years or more. Strange stuff...

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

Time isnt moving at all,we are moving it. If we turned the year into ten days then a year would last just that ten days.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I believe time does not exist in relation to a photon traveling through empty normal space. If it does, it is moving at the same speed and experiences no time displacement. Perhaps time can be measured by the speed of photons or light traveling through space. The closer a spacecraft moves towards the speed of a photon, the less time the spacecraft experiences. I have wondered if you could possibly go faster than the speed of light, if time would go backwards. That's where my thoughts stop making sense.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If I understand Einstein right..which I'm sure I don't. Time is relative this way. as you approach light speed time goes slower for you, so a twin who took a quick spin around the galaxy would be much younger than his earth bound sibling. Also time in Denver is slower than time in LA do to the difference in space due to gravity.

That said, I think there could be other forces that impact time and how we perceive it. Time goes so much faster than it did ten years ago, and that was faster than 20 years ago. Beyond time flying when you are having fun, and perceiving slow motion in a crash situation due to adrenaline, I think time is going fast. What could be causing that could be anything from the accelerated use of electricity , EMFs and excess waves of radio, ect.flying all around us, or even some huge galactic thing we don't even know about yet.

I do think that it seems very likely that time is messed up. and something is killing the bees, so we may not even live to find out what.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join