It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urban Survival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I looked to see if this is on ATS already and it came back with nothing so im posting this...

If you live in an Urban enviornment you should have a kit made so you can grab and go in a rush this is a good example:

- MRE/ long lasting food
- Water
- Light Stick
- Fire extinguisher
- Crank Flashlight/radio/siren
- Flashlight with batteries/ Forever Shake Flashlight - DF-IV Clear
- First aid kit
- Solar sleeping bag
- Rain poncho
- Swiss army type knife
- 4 in 1 emergency tool
- Whistle
- 10 yard roll of black duct tape. US made
- Wet bath wipes/knaps
- Survival kit-in-a-can
- Chow set
- G.I. Style Aluminum Canteen Cup
- Matches/Water proof
- Clothes Line/Rope
- Sewing kit
- Candles The candles in this kit are in bulk and do not include the metal stands as shown here.
- 5 in 1 Survival Aid
- Gloves
- Tube Tent

**1 handgun your choice with 100 rounds ammo
**1 shotgun 100 round ammo.

Take some time to think what the possible urban survival situations are in your area. Is your area likely to be hit by either a manmade or natural disaster? Hurricanes, tonadoes, floods or a terrorist attack. What would you do if a fuel delivery truck was passing by your area and had an accident. Then a police officer told you that you had to evacuate in 10 minutes? What would you grab and go with? What should you have in your urban survival kit? Think about water, shelter, food, first aid, security, hygene and some comfort items such as your favorite candy. Make sure you have enough gear to take care of you and your family for a minimum of 72 hours.

Some links/videos for your review.

ARSOG

Urban Srvival Tools

Last Alive

What you need to know

If you have more to add please feel free to post. Im sure i missed sompthing.

edit on 6-10-2010 by texasoutlaw because: Youtub links fixed now

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sounds pretty comprehensive I would only make three additions;

1: NBC suit with charcoal lining, boots with 200 joule resistant steel toe cap, chemical and oil proof. If required duck tape seal around ankles and wrists.

2: 1946 NATO issue Finnish gas masks with spare filters.

3: Foil heat insulating survival blankets.

Obviously depends on the type of emergency. But you can't go wrong with the NBC kit.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I like those videos by envirosponsible simple and to the point .

Second line .

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Do you really expect to survive? Unless you plan on joining a gang of some sort, or are part of the government/army/cops, you will be killed for what you have.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of rambo

www.youtube.com...

don't forget to add your bow and arrow, throwing knives and machete
edit on 6-10-2010 by TheNewKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The common vernacular is a B.O.B. (Bug Out Bag), and you'll probably see the term a lot here (and wonder what the hell it is). I'm always up for seeing people's BOB contents. Get some great ideas that way.

Instead of MRE's though (which can take up room and require precious water), I'd recommend ration bars as emergency food. Sure, they taste like coconut cookies and sawdust (and I hate coconut), but one bar is 3 days worth of food, and a shelf life of 5 years....
edit on 6-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Before and urban disaster hits i would have things planed. things to thinkabout:

1. Can i drive out of the city and is there back roads

2. If i drive out of the city and my car breaks down what next.

3. Plan on where your going.

4. Did you bring a Map? Is it waterproof and did you bring Map Pens

I live just outside Ft. Lewis. its and Urban area. I also live next to a living bomb called Mt Rainier
When S.H.T.F i have a ll the proper plans in place to get the hell out of dodge.

Never take the interstate always a backroad. never take anything that will weigh you down or you dont need. Take only cash, easy to get to sentamental photos, sensitive data
easy access electronics i.e Laptop, radio, thumbdrives ETC....

Plan on where your going- South and away from the cost. Avoid major populations and cities. you should have knowledge on the area you want to go to prior to urban disasters and atleast 3 places to go if the first 2 dont work out.

Also think about if it is war, police, riots, and ask What type of disaster are we facing. this will also be a major factor.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
A gun in NYC? Big brother would find you before you even have the thought of having one.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Run flat tyres too perhaps?

Second line escaped... on run flats.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just by escaping the urban environment increases your survival chances many times over even if you have no B.O bag/kit.

To the OP I would add polythene sheets and plastic bags. Plastic bags wraps clothes and any items easily damaged by rain or when crossing rivers/streams etc. They can also be used as air pillows for buoyancy in crossing rivers/lakes etc. In a desert environment they can also be used to collect moisture from plants.

Polythene sheets are great for trapping water in the ground (in deserts areas) and acting as a barrier against the rain (non desert areas).

top topics

join