It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook just wen down 10/05/2010 9/10/2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Facebook just wen down 10/05/2010 9/10/2010

No story
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Facebook went down just a couple minutes ago, I cant access the site. Dont know what is going on. One minute I was on and the next...nothing... well this thing wont let me post untill i have more characters...not much more to say...facebook is down...thats all... God dang it man I just want to post this stupid alert.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Can't totally be a bad thing.

I've always got ATS. All I ever do on facebook is post links to music videos.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
disreguard that second date in the heading...I have no clue how to fix it....stupid thing...

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This will, obviously, get moved...

Yes, it's 2:45am on a Wed morning in the East Coast, so what better time to due maintenance and back up. I noticed the "Chat" feature on Facebook was upgraded to where you send a message and it shows the display pic of the person talking. I think you can do 3 way chat as well now.

If FB did go down for an entire month stocks would majorly be affected.
edit on 5-10-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
nevermind its back...that was weird

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Oh no, not facebook

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by slavenomore4u

It has been acting funny for me for the past hour....unable to change privacy settings, chat going on and off and having limited people to talk to saying others were offline but still showing them online. Probably adding new stuff or settings.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

where else would i have posted this if you think it will be moved? I was use to the old format, now I cant find anything.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by slavenomore4u

not back for me where are you from?

link   
Not for me. Has been down for about 10 minutes at least for me. Don't really see any conspiracy in it. Well not for now anyways.

At least now I'll be reading through the posts more carefully.

link   
I started a damn facebook page so i can meet people on here..

Damn facebook..
edit on 10/5/2010 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
This will, obviously, get moved...

Yes, it's 2:45am on a Wed morning in the East Coast, so what better time to due maintenance and back up. I noticed the "Chat" feature on Facebook was upgraded to where you send a message and it shows the display pic of the person talking. I think you can do 3 way chat as well now.

If FB did go down for an entire month stocks would majorly be affected.
edit on 5-10-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

It is not 2:45 AM on the East Coast, I am in the eastern time zone and right now it's 12:50 AM Wednesday.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Not back for me either...

Getting into peak time here in Brisbane, almost time for school to let out all the kiddies.. school's already out in the southern states.... won't they be devastated

edit on 5/10/10 by damn_ummmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Fun. Good thing I don't do facebook lol. It probably is just maintenance. They have to do it some time. Just, usually you see a 'sorry, we're doing maintenance and won't be back for a bit.' I know somebody had to have something on their farmville get endangered just now. :p

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by slavenomore4u

Facebook went down just a couple minutes ago, I cant access the site. Dont know what is going on. One minute I was on and the next...nothing... well this thing wont let me post untill i have more characters...not much more to say...facebook is down...thats all... God dang it man I just want to post this stupid alert.

GTFO

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by slavenomore4u

OMG ON NOES!!!

Its NOT breaking news... it's a bad luck event for EMO and idiots alike.

Since when does facebook matter?

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

"I've always got ATS. "
gotta chuckle art that since ats was down this morning (not ats being down mind you)
edit on 6-10-2010 by shockologist because: (no reason given)

The odd thing is a lot going down today....
Wow connection servers went down about 915 pst and chase,com was down for a good hour or so this morning.
edit on 6-10-2010 by shockologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

edit on 6-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Heh, I knew about this last night when it happened and wondered when the hell I got so addicted.

The bad part? I knew it wasn't just me by checking Twitter.

Wow, ya know I feel a little ashamed however, I noted since I made the confirmation on Twitter in under a minute after FB went down that social media is the quickest method to getting information to the masses. TPTB must hate that. ::smirk::
edit on 10/6/2010 by Whisper67 because: TYPO - what else! Always with the typos...

top topics

join