It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

emerging investment opportunities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I frequently have conversations with my friends about hypothetical investments for the future. I thought I would pick the brains of the members of ATS for their views on the subject. ATS is a community of people who think differently then the norm so I am curious what is suggested.

Pretend you had a large amount of money. The amount doesn't matter, its whatever you consider a lot.

With this money you are going to invest in something that is currently in its infancy or is very devalued at the moment. It could really be anything. If you think tophats are going to have a comeback and you can make money with them it counts.

So what would you invest in and why? What do you think will be an industry or product that is going to be profitable and important in the next 20+ years? Try to be a specific as possible with you ideas.

Mods feel free to move I didn't really know where to put this.

edit on 4-10-2010 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Solar power,renewable energy's.
As a physical investment some nice fertile farming land would be very useful in the near future.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a liposuction clinic;
with a Laser-liposuction machine & technician---i feel these places which are outpatient procedures
will be poppin up like starbucks did...

one can be in the forefront with an established client base before it all takes off...
its something like 40% of the population is fat or obese and thats not gonna change,
because of all the steroids & growth hormones forced into our food stuffs.

edit on 4-10-2010 by St Udio because: typos from my right hand

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Liposuction? That's an interesting idea I like it. I agree that anything with instant type body modifications will grow in the future. Along the same lines I bet tattoo removal place will get huge as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Look into:
Future food production technologies (Not Monsanto),
vertical gardening schemes for cities etc Hydroponic developments and systems?

Keep an eye on the R & D of leading glass & plastics companies,
sooner or later companies will emerge which we can build large,strong, light and transparent dome structures to cover houses, villages etc.

Development in Air purification Systems (HVAC)

Development in Water treatment and purification.

That's my 2 cents for what its worth.

PEACE,
RK

new topics

top topics

join