It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO and The Forgotten Man?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Against the background of a darkening sky, all of the past Presidents of the United States gather before the White House, as if to commemorate some great event. In the left hand corner of the painting sits a man. That man, with his head bowed appears distraught and hopeless as he contemplates his future. Some of the past Presidents try to console him while looking in the direction of the modern Presidents as if to say, "What have you done?" Many of these modern Presidents, seemingly oblivious to anything other than themselves, appear to be congratulating each other on their great accomplishments. In front of the man, paper trash is blowing in the wind. Crumpled dollar bills, legislative documents, and, like a whisper—the U.S. Constitution beneath the foot of Barack Obama.

I am not quite sure what to make of this yet.
But the looks on their faces is priceless

This is the latest controversial painting by artist Jon McNaughton. I have looked at this image for a long time. I had a rush of emotions which made me think long and hard about where our country may be heading if it's not already there. At first I just couldn't figure out which way I would post it. Finally, I decided to just simply stick it here and let my fellow members who haven't seen it yet take a look and draw their own conclusions.

Whether you are right or left is of no importance but understand that we as Americans have gotten ourselves into a pickle. I love that old saying. [ It doesn't matter how the Jackass got stuck in the mud, Just get it out! ]

In any case I can certainly sympathize with the guy on the bench these days.

Take a good hard look at the image and let me and others here know how it makes you feel and what you think.

PEACE
Slay

edit on 3-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Everyone will have a different interpretation of this picture but to me it screams racist.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Didn't take long for race to be brought up. But I suppose that is a valid point.

Anyways, I like this painting. You have to understand history and each individuals role in history to understand where he is going with it. The artist definitely has a republican slant. Theose with a liberal slant will have a lot to say about this one.

Clinton kinda looks like a mix between himself and sean hannity. Jackson is spot on.

TY for sharing.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Reagan being portrayed, as it seems to me he is, as "concerned for the everyman" in the picture is insulting. Reagan is the ground-zero of the mess we are in.

Bush Jrs indifference is possibly fitting, though his boot needs to be on the Constitution as much as anyones.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

Yep. It's gotta be racist.

Racism is the only motivation to oppose anything statist. If you disagree you too are a racist.

________________________________________________________________________________________

This work of art, especially the look on Washington's face, is the visual representation of everything I'm feeling for this nation today. That must mean I'm a racist.

edit on 3-10-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I totally agree with your statement but I would like to add one thing.

Reagan's speeches were absolutely awe inspiring and they are the best modern examples of our founders ideals. However, we aren't measured by our words, but by our deeds, so you are spot on.

Yep, both of GWB's jackboots should be square on that "goddamn piece of paper"

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Everyone will have a different interpretation of this picture but to me it screams racist.
I didn't even pick up on the fact Obama seems to be the only black man in the picture, until you pointed that out. To me it is simply a group of men, the color of their skin has no significance.

BTW, I'm pretty sure this has been posted before.

edit on 3/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier

I did ask an open question.
So will this set the tone for this thread?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted it ,however as long as the info gets out thats all that matters

thank you for your post too

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

reply to post by CHA0S

Thanks.
I saw that it was posted in Political madness. I'm curious about the NWO angle on it. That's why I posted it here in the NWO forum.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
no worries it was moved for me ,i believe ,but hey if you can get more info out of this ...by all means ...my good man

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I am not quite sure what to make of this yet.

Me neither, Slayer. I've been studying the symbolism and body language as well as the facial expressions and placements of presidents for some time now. Intriguing way to convey thoughts, invoke thoughts, and dwell upon possible meanings for some choices made by the artist in his work.

I have looked at this image for a long time. I had a rush of emotions which made me think long and hard about where our country may be heading if it's not already there. At first I just couldn't figure out which way I would post it. Finally, I decided to just simply stick it here and let my fellow members who haven't seen it yet take a look and draw their own conclusions.

I appreciate the nature in which you chose to share this with us. Thank you Slayer.

Whether you are right or left is of no importance but understand that we as Americans have gotten ourselves into a pickle. I love that old saying. [ It doesn't matter how the Jackass got stuck in the mud, Just get it out! ]

The "teacher" is always glad to learn new things.

In any case I can certainly sympathize with the guy on the bench these days.

looking towards the right (the guy's right) would be an indication of dwelling on the future. Looking down is a submissive gesture, possibly having connotations to negativity. (hell is down, up to older siblings and up to parents and up to heaven is usually associated with positive and good.) Linear (right verses left) types of thinking automatically exclude some perceptions and possibilities, in my opinion.

Take a good hard look at the image and let me and others here know how it makes you feel and what you think.

Presidential oath of office:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

I think the "spirit" of the constitution has not entirely been evolving in it's purest form since it's inception as our foundation. Even the words themselves have evolved to convey different meanings and definitions since it was first written, I believe. The constitution is more than just the words, and more than piece of paper, to me.

The imagery needs more scrutiny and dwelling upon before I comment further. There are reasons for the presidents posturing, gesturing, body language indicators, and other symbolism to digest further.

Kudos for the intro Slayer. I am enjoying your threads

Thanks for sharing,
ET

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
it is a great painting for it's intended purpose however, I wish it had of been more realistic in physical stature. Lincoln was 6' 4" tall barefoot which made him about 6' 6" with a pair of boots on. In this painting, he is no taller than most of the other Presidents. As far as depth perception, the Presidents in the background should have been shorter but then they could not have been seen from this angle. The painting has flaws art wise, but is spot on politically. Nice find.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've seen his work before, but don't know a great deal about his views on race. His paintings don't portray many non-whites (none?!), but that doesn't have to mean he's racist necessarily.

The one that caught my eye previously, was 'One Nation Under God.' I'd guess he's a right wing, conservative, religious fundamentalist. Ron Reagan features in both paintings if that means anything. In this one Jesus is seen as having more importance than the scholars and their books. Satan stands near Darwin's 'Origin of Species.' lol!

People who support anti-intellectualism and religious fundamentalism tend to be bigoted, prejudiced and reactionary. I'll go out on a limb and predict that McNaughton is *probably* racist, but would hate Obama for being allegedly a Democrat anyway. His views are as dated and stale as his canvasses.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I love it. I think its one of the best painting I've seen in a very very long time.

I think not all of the presidents on the left are interacting with the bench-man the same way, one is distraught, one seems almost amused....i would suggest that all of them with outstretched hands are imploring something of the bench-man, but each in their own way with their own 'vibe'...perhaps as a reflection of their leadership styles?

Now with regards to the right side, has anyone noticed the zombie-like dazed appearance of Clinton? reminds me of the footage i have of that televised speech he gave where he's showing either clear signs of drunkeness, or hypnotism.

George Bush appears to be trying to be subtle in pointing at bench-man, with a face as if to say "uh...guys there's someone over there should we uh....um...."

-B.M

P.S) this is not a racist piece of art.

edit on 3/10/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
P.S) this is not a racist piece of art.

The painting itself is not racist. However, art is defined in the eye of the beholder and I can understand how it could invoke strong feelings pertaining to race.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Fascinating...and a little bit disturbing

Notice how a lot of Rep. presidents are on the left side of the painting and Dem. presidents are on the right (though not all)?
I also enjoy the evil look on both LBJ's and Noxon's face. Sorta devilish.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This is an interesting painting.

I believe you can pretty much divide the presidents into 3 groups. Those who are proud of their country and the rights they committed their presidency to.
Those that respect what they are president for. ( To serve the US citizens by upholding the constitution...etc

And finally those who care more about their own interests instead of the publics. Not taking the constitution for granted , but as problem to overcome , and later to step on...

Calling this picture racist is absolutely ridiculous, as there isn't even racism present. In fact it looks like Obama has it all under control.

Personal conclusion:
The rise of the American dream, the achievement, the fading and corruption of it, and finally its destruction.

Actually a very sad picture

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

I didn't even pick up on the fact Obama seems to be the only black man in the picture, until you pointed that out. To me it is simply a group of men, the color of their skin has no significance.

BTW, I'm pretty sure this has been posted before.

edit on 3/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

Well of course hes the only black man in the picture.. he is the first black president, I don't see how it could have been painted in any other.. umm.. factually accurate way..

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
This is an interesting painting.

I believe you can pretty much divide the presidents into 3 groups. Those who are proud of their country and the rights they committed their presidency to.
Those that respect what they are president for. ( To serve the US citizens by upholding the constitution...etc

And finally those who care more about their own interests instead of the publics. Not taking the constitution for granted , but as problem to overcome , and later to step on...

Calling this picture racist is absolutely ridiculous, as there isn't even racism present. In fact it looks like Obama has it all under control.

Personal conclusion:
The rise of the American dream, the achievement, the fading and corruption of it, and finally its destruction.

Actually a very sad picture

You...took the words out of my mouth. I get the exact feeling.

There are distinctively 3 groups in that pic as you critically analysed.

1st group that made up the founding fathers were concern for the common man, with their hands outstretched and looking towards the current presidents as if asking 'what are you doing to and for your fellow american?', as well as one aghast that the sacred Constitution had been trampled underfoot by President Obama.

The second group are those who served humbly and quietly -sheeps - taking the middle position -and not clapping or cheering.

The 3rd group were all smiles and claps at the direction that the current president is heading towards, as if a final abandonment of the cherished and sacred ideals of founding fathers were finally removed from America, ties that bounded had at last been cut, for a new direction as reflected in the face of the current President, with their backs turned away from the symbol of USA - the Whitehouse.

And finally stands President with his arms crossed, feet stepping on the sacred Constitution, and looks haughtily into a new direction, a new world order where humanity means nothing but to be trampled upon.

It is with sadness that I stared at this pic, for a pic tells a thousand words. The artist may be a nobody, but an artwork reflects the artist perceptions and its relevance will be with those who view such art.

Had it been relevant to you, that the events for the past decades had compelled the artist to create this work and share it with everyone, as it had for Sinter Klass and me?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join