It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Eyed Kids- Did I just have an BEK experience?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
one thing ive pieced together from all the stories everybody has posted so far is that it only happens to lone victims.

there never seems to be anybody around during the encounter, which suggests its either pre-meditated or requires pre-existing conditions.

everything is too opportunistic to be random victims.

locations of the other encounters could be relevant, and any similarities between victims that could have "marked" them.

that story where the kid punched one and ran away was kinda funny. the fact that they didnt leave was however not very funny...

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

And how many 13-16 year old professional thieves are there?

Do you think kids high on drugs will care about things like that?

by you saying "kids high on drugs", im going to venture a guess and say that you're at least 40. look, im in my early 20's, have younger siblings, and have plenty of experience with "drugs", and what's popular with kids today. im not going to say kids arent reckless, kids are smoking plenty of weed, and this new k-20 incense business is all the rage lately, but none of these are too serious of intoxicants. oh and coke is huge in high schools nowadays. but none of these could account for the kind of observations discussed in this thread or other threads related to BEK. even hallucinogens, and again i know from experience, could not account for this. if a 12 year old kid was tripping (which is about as common as a yellow lobster), he would NOT be able to approach anyone's door or form any sort of coherent sentence, let alone a conniving plan to rob you.

i don't understand some people's perceptions of kids and drugs. things aren't all that different from when you were kids. i imagine some people in this thread sounding like the mother from the waterboy, "them kids did them drugs and let in the DEBIL!" oh please.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nysothol

this is nonsense and youre not reading the details of the thread. the entire eye, including the sclera, was black. no drug can do this, your pupil can not get bigger than your iris. either this is a widespread thing where kids are putting in black contacts, acting really strange trying to freak people out, or there is something very strange and unexplainable to it.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm
by you saying "kids high on drugs", im going to venture a guess and say that you're at least 40.

Well you'd be wrong, but good on you for having a guess.

look, im in my early 20's, have younger siblings, and have plenty of experience with "drugs", and what's popular with kids today.

LOL... wow, so you're a drugs guru? And a youth culture expert?

Please to meet you, I'm Saint Blup.... what are drugs?
:shk:

. but none of these could account for the kind of observations discussed in this thread or other threads related to BEK. even hallucinogens, and again i know from experience, could not account for this. if a 12 year old kid was tripping (which is about as common as a yellow lobster), he would NOT be able to approach anyone's door or form any sort of coherent sentence, let alone a conniving plan to rob you.

Of course... no drugs would make kids, for fun, go and knock on someone's house for a dare while high.
okaaaaayyy

Thanks for your expert views.

I say you need more experience, most robberies are drug related.
We don't know these kids were actually 12.... they may well have been 16 and a 16 year old with a habit is not out of the question.

OR

A couple of kids getting high and going and knocking on someone's door for a laugh is not really out of the question.

Far more likely than something paranormal.

i don't understand some people's perceptions of kids and drugs. things aren't all that different from when you were kids. i imagine some people in this thread sounding like the mother from the waterboy, "them kids did them drugs and let in the DEBIL!" oh please.

Yes that's me..... how did you know?

I don't need to talk about my "knowledge" or "Experience" of drugs, especially as It's against T&C.
But thanks for your views anyway.

You have your opinions, I have mine

edit on 3/10/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I was thinking of a possible assault from the kids and then you mentioned the crimes in the area. The kid might've said "we don't have any weapons" because they probably did.

I'm very glad to hear you're ok and no one was hurt in this little confrontation. Never let anyone who seems suspicious into your home, even if they are just kids.

But like another member said, could've been just some silly prank.

Stay safe and try to relax, at least you got them to go away.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

with the quote i was clearly referring to the thing i quoted right above in my other post where someone said "Take a little drugs and they welcome in dark energy and walla, possessed by demons."

im not pushing the paranormal hypothesis more than any other, id say its more likely that sober kids bought some contact lenses and wanted to freak someone out. what's strange is that the stories keep popping up and having similarities. unless of course all of these people are making it up.

what i see as misconceptions about drugs is people constantly implying "oh these dang crazy kids these days they were just high on drugs and you saw their pupils" its absurd. read the thread that assertion is everywhere. its a lame explanation. people seem to want to ignore the fact that the cases describe the sclera as completely black, which could really only be explained by contacts.

the fact that i have some insight into what kids are getting themselves into nowadays is pretty relevant. a lot of people in the thread would refer to drugs but seem to have absolutely semblance of what they are talking about grounded in reality. hopefully what i wrote above can clear that up for some of them.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

with the quote i was clearly referring to the thing i quoted right above in my other post where someone said "Take a little drugs and they welcome in dark energy and walla, possessed by demons."

Well it obviously wasn't clear as my post was the only one you quoted and you made no reference to any other post.... I was responding to the post in which you quoted me.

people seem to want to ignore the fact that the cases describe the sclera as completely black, which could really only be explained by contacts.

Oh like I said in my previous post you mean?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the fact that i have some insight into what kids are getting themselves into nowadays is pretty relevant. a lot of people in the thread would refer to drugs but seem to have absolutely semblance of what they are talking about grounded in reality. hopefully what i wrote above can clear that up for some of them.

Well that's nice, perhaps you should have taken it up with them as opposed to me then.
Rather than just assuming I'm some random, conservative anti-drugs fuddy duddy who has no idea about drugs or the world around me.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

you were the most recent one talking about it, and you had responded to my sarcastic comment, so i quoted what you said. that doesnt mean i was simply addressing you and only you. i said "some of the people in this thread". you seemed to be perpetuating the ideas that those people were introducing. drugs are a really lame explanation for these stories. and no, realistically i dont think drugs would make kids want to go prank someones house. i think they make kids want to sit in play video games and eat bagel bites.

edit on 3-10-2010 by thedeadlyrhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

you were the most recent one talking about it, so i quoted what you said. that doesnt mean i was simply addressing you and only you

Well it may not mean that but you only quoted me so perhaps next time make it a little clearer.

drugs are a really lame explanation for these stories.

I was commenting on this story, you know... the OP?
I was not making sweeping statements about the BEK phenomenon in general, just this story.

And I think drugs are a far more rational and plausible explanation than anything paranormal or otherworldly, that's just me though.

and no, realistically i dont think drugs would make kids want to go prank someones house. i think they make kids want to sit in play video games and eat bagel bites.

Well you're talking about weed... we don't know what these kids may have taken.

But yes you're right... everyone who does drugs does the same thing.
No kids would ever, because it seemed funny at the time, go and knock someone's door for a laugh.

The drug theory is just one, As I just showed you, I also mentioned the contacts before that.

Who knows man?

We will never know, arguing about drugs and their side-effects is just pointless.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've been looking into this quote more:

"We are just kids, mate, let us get our kitten"

It's like whatever they really were up too, they were using their identity as a child to gain leverage in the situation.
Reading more of this stories online, I've noticed it's always been kids. Now, my brother is 13, and he is one of those who tries to stay in trend, and nothing like this has ever come up. So I'm ruling out that all kids are doing it.

And the fact is, if it was just a prank then black contacts are a little pricey for young teens who just wanna play a practical joke.

I might guess ghosts. Kids who once lived there maybe? Died, and they had a cat maybe? Or they died in a house close to yours, and their spirits are haunting the place where their cat used to go to (your garden). Look up anything like that. It would make sense, because a lot of the time, they normally just dissapear, much like ghosts.
It would also explain the nicer manners (Almost abundant in kids now a days), the clothing (that sounded slightly out of fashion) and the fact you were afraid and weary of their presence. Maybe they were asking you they way they used to ask the person who lived there (back when they were alive). The fact they sounded like they were forcing the Aussie accent also makes me believe they weren't from around your area, so maybe look and ask around for people who came to your general area from England or America etc in the past.

I don't know, I'm skeptical of that whole theory, but it's a theory non the less
Plus it gives you some research into what really happened

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I would suggest that the kids had dilated pupils because of another reason.

It might account for the odd behaviour too

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8835d5f7ab6a.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 3-10-2010 by davespanners because: Altered to remove something that is against the T&C's

Sounds like some good shrooms

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by vanhippi
Reading more of this stories online, I've noticed it's always been kids. Now, my brother is 13, and he is one of those who tries to stay in trend, and nothing like this has ever come up. So I'm ruling out that all kids are doing it.

That's probably why the phenomenon is called BEK You know.... Black eyed Kids

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Can the arguments cease, and get back on topic!

BEKs eyes are NOT enlarged or black pupils, the entire SCLERA is black, no whites, no pupil, just pure black, why do people keep bringing up the pupil debate when it's already been established as "Black Sclera"

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yepp, but there has been the odd case where they were older people. I remember the story of a man at a gas station and a black eyed women did the same kind of thing as the discussed BEK. She asked to enter the car, said she needed a ride, had Black Eyes, guy was spooked, left without her for obvious reasons.

Maybe, if there is more to this story, the older women was like a test, and once "they" realised it won't work pretending to be an old women, they started to pretend to be kids xD

That's obviously implying that there is some sort of "being" imitating young kids to enter your house...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

if you want to case a place to rob it, i don't think you want to wear black contacts. i think that would kind of hurt your chances. im no professional thief, but that just seems like day 1 stuff.

i'm quoting myself here, and just so we're clear, ill say this in a totally non-sarcastic fasion. this is in response to the op and thread in general.

however unlikely that a 12 year-old was going to rob someones house, if a kid was indeed planning on it, he would not stick in black contacts and freak the person out, thus defeating his entire purpose of checking out a place to rob it. it just doesnt make logical sense.

and as for drugs,
and i'll be extremely specific, because apparently i have to be
weed- doubtful, most kids would be giggly, and esp when high unable to keep up a real creepy act like that. i guess it's possible, but unlikely.
shrooms/acid/hallucinogens- very doubtful, lets just say pranking would be the last thing on anyones mind, kid or not, and theres no way someone is putting in contacts while under the effects. and no kid is going to sit around and trip while wearing black contacts.
coc aine- very very doubtful, the effects of this drug completely don't match up with any of the accounts.
heroin- again, kids doing heroin and putting in contacts and going pranking, very far-fetched.
ecstasy- doesnt really add up, doubtful.
meth- don't think so.

again, these last few i don't think really need too much explanation

as for me, logically, it's either good old fashioned pranks, or there is something strange to the stories. i don't really buy too much into demonic stories or the paranormal in general, but i don't doubt the op is telling the truth of what he experienced. if i told myself 6 years ago of half the things i would believe are true now, i would probably think i was crazy, so i guess anything is possible.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What I find strange about all of these stories is that the person that is visited by the BEK's never seems to notice that their eyes are entirely black right away. It is always towards the end of the encounter which can be up to a few minutes long and in some cases even longer. How can that be? It would be the very first thing that I imagine that I would notice about someone. Even from a distance or in low light.

If I am in a situation where I feel that someone is being dishonest with me, or if I'm even slightly unsure of someones intentions you can be sure that I'm going to be looking intently at their faces to see if I can pick anything up from their expresions or eyes. And if their eyes were entirely black it would be very obvious, very quickly.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

i noticed that as well. really strange. i read up on a few more of the stories, and there really are a lot of other similarities as well. odd mannerisms. weird. some people do tend to look people right in the eye in those situations but some also tend to look down and avoid eye contact as well

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Are you on good terms with your neighbors? Could you ask around to see if they'd been to any of their homes?
Has the news reported any shenanigans in your area by kids?

Spooky for sure! Please, by all means, keep us updated as any information comes to you.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey all..im not new here,ive been lurking and reading this excellent forum for many years now.But never had the feeling to actually make an account,untill now.I don;t think the OP is making this story is up,and like many of you claimed that it were just people with dilated pupils,well no..there is a big difference between diliated pupils or Fully black eyes,where even the white in the eye is completely black.

I have read many stories about people having encounters with this "beings" and was always quite interested in this phenomenon.as almost every occasion was the same.usually 1 or 2 children,talking as adults,and asking questions in a forcing manner to enter a house or car,like they cannot enter it untill they you grant them permission to enter.

Anyway..here is an article describing these beings and some eyewitness accounts aswell.
The name bill schnoebelen is also mentioned,claiming he was a 90 degree free mason,member of illuminati etc etc,but ive also read that the guy is a hoaxer,just out for money,so just read thorugh the story and atleast look at the eyewitness acounts.

www.metatech.org...

And here is an eyewitness account of a U.S Marine who was at the time stationed at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina.

paranormal.about.com...

some standard things that happen with most if not All eyewitness acounts are the following.

· The black eyed kids appear to be around 12 – 17 years old.

· They dress in normal clothes for children of their times.

· The events seem to happen around late evening/early dusk.

· There is a sudden sense of wrongness and fear in the witnesses.

· They kids will always ask to be invited into the car/home/wherever.

· When told “no”, they appear to become impatient, demanding, and even angry.

· They will never leave until the individual ends the contact by shutting the door on their faces or driving away.

· They are never seen or heard from again in that particular area.

Some more links for the people interested

www.creepypasta.com...

www.squidoo.com...

ghostradio.wordpress.com...

Anyway..you all can use google..there is so much info about them,that i doubt this to be a hoax.

And sorry if this post turns out to be a mess...Tis my first one.

Take care all.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by RMFX1

some people do tend to look people right in the eye in those situations but some also tend to look down and avoid eye contact as well

Would you avoid eye contact with a stranger who's just knocked on your front door? I know that I wouldn't. Particularly not one that's making me feel uneasy or threatened.

EDIT: I just clicked on the second link in the post above this one that contains a story of a marine no less having an enounter with 2 BEK's. Surprisingly in this case, the marine notices their completely black eyes right away. And he must be one tough SOB because apparently he just "pushed those things aside and asked them what they were doing there so late."

Yeah right. If someone comes knocking on your door late at night and they have jet black eyes, you're not going to be pushing anything but the door to the fully closed and locked position. What a load of nonsense that story is

edit on 3-10-2010 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join