It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Eyed Kids- Did I just have an BEK experience?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-Raz
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah, both me and my dad have it when we get REALLY angry, our eyes go all black. My GF noticed it happens during quality time as well, freaked her a bit when she saw it the first time.

I think it is some kind of flight-or-fight thing, since we both get something like 180 degree field of vision when it happens.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible. Your eyes cannot "go all black" under any circumstances.

If you mean that only your pupils dilate then maybe that is possible during moments of anger or fear but that's not what the eyes of the BEKs are meant to be like. Their entire eyes are said to be black. No whites at all.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Oops, double post.

edit on 3-10-2010 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
OZweatherman, dude you were close. Believe it or not, kids that age do some pretty intense drugs, that would explain the black eyes pupil dialation, and the strange accent too. Had you trusted them for a moment you'd have discovered the greatest paranormal secret of all time, 'Is there life after death?' Didn't you see Clockwork Orange? Glad to see your curiosity didn't overwhelm your caution.
Been to Perth / Fremantle a couple of times in the early eighties on US Navy Ships, beautiful place, fine memories, beers and australian football, piano bars, discos full of beautiful women - you can keep the vegemite though. It was my favorite port of call.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I said in a kind of a joking manner that he shouldn't dismiss it because it is hard to understand, he could just as well be hallucinating... of course I don't blindly accept that these kids are spawns of Satan, I'd be crazy..er to do that
. Technology does urge you to write it! Because thanks to internet you may find that you're not the only one seeing things. You are naturally inclined to tell people about it and technology enables you to do it within minutes anonymously and even discuss it with many other people who you don't even know. If you tell your colleagues about it you may jeopardize your reputation and then such great story is left untold, allowing BEK's to operate unnoticed

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That smirk meant well played. I would have grabbed a bat and checked the backyard for the kitten, just to add closure to the subject. If a kitten was there I would have picked it up and expect them to come back with their mom or something. If there was no kitten, then that would even add more subject to this encounter. Either way, I'd say you handled yourself well and that I'm glad that whatever decision you made meant you came out alive so good work.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What I'm most afraid of is, what is it they actually do if you let 'em in?

I've read plenty of stories about these kids, but I thought it was just myths, stories you tell @ a sleep over or something to scare everyone up, but now I've read this... brilliant, now I won't be able to sleep.

Normally I play my PS3 til' late alone downstairs whilst everyones asleep upstairs. But now all I'll be able to think about is if some kids knock on the door and asks to come in for a glass of water... great.

Probably, if it is anything supernatural, a kind of demon or ghost, who can only carry out their actions of evil and terror if you let them in. I know there have been situations where it's been a person in a car and they come up to the window and ask for a lift or something.

I know it's not the most credible source ever, but the series "Mostly true Urban Legends" talks about a girl who hitch hikes, because she is lost or something, and the people inside the car (if they let her in) end up dead. Very skepitcal of this yet I can very much see this being something along the lines of the BEKs because the girl is very young and on accounts has wierd eyes. Plus who says no to a seemingly lost, frightened young girl (in the least pedo way I could say that)?

Ghost Hitchhiker

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by davespanners

Dilated pupils the size of the entire eye?

Thats quite extreme...is that even possible?

no. hallucinogens do make your pupils large, but your pupil cant get bigger than your iris.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
sounds alot like the Men in Black.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
sounds alot like the Men in Black.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You did the right thing not letting them in - men letting kids into their house at midnight doesn't look good, and even though they're kids they can still be dangerous. If they wanted their kitten and their mother knew about it (saying she'd be angry if they didn't bring it back), then she should have gone with them to your door.

It's the school holidays in Australia so these boys might be visiting from overseas, which could explain the strange accents and their overuse of 'g'day'.

Also, they would live or be staying close by so keep a watch out - if you see them with their parents, you should introduce yourself and see what is going on with those little brats bothering you at midnight...and ask if they ever found their alleged kitten.

That is all assuming they're just real kids up to some midnight mischief of course. If you got a terrible feeling from them - that they were evil, demonic, whatever - don't ignore that, and when in doubt make the sign of the cross.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Great story Oz.

I keep reading/hearing these stories and kinda assuming people have been making them up as modern urban folklore. It's much better to hear an interesting case from someone I highly doubt would make it up or be subject to jumping at his own shadow.

I agree that it could be kids on drugs or kids up to no good, but the context appears to be more unusual than that. How many young kids are knocking on stranger's doors looking for kittens at that late hour? Paranormal, or not...it sounds quite sinister.

Just to brighten your day, I've sent details of your story to the guys at Mysterious Universe podcast lol. They love Black Eyed Kid stories and I expect they'll like to contact you

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oz has been around for a long time, and I've "known" him for a long time. If he were the type to make up stuff for attention, he'd have done it long before now. He also, in my opinion, is a pretty smart dude and he had to have know he'd be up for some ridicule and joshing when he posted this. I think, therefore, that this is a genuine experience that seriously unsettled him.

There is a lot of speculation about what BEKs are, the most common "real-world" answer being kids with black contacts. In my opinion, however, this explanation doesn't cover the facts - or the eyes. BEK eyes are usually described as being entirely black - corner to corner, lid to lid, with no white. Contacts cover only the iris of the eye, and if there are contacts that cover the entire eye, how uncomfortable would they be to wear and how easily could a child get hold of some? What's the point? If they actually want to get in the house to "case the joint" or rob the target, they'd have to realize that something as bizarre as solid black contacts that cover the entire eye would LESSEN their chances of getting in. If, on the other hand, it's just a prank designed to scare the target, why not be threatening or deliberately weird? Why try to appear "normal" and be excessively polite? Any way I look at it, it doesn't make sense.

A few months ago I also had my first BEK experience, but I haven't bothered posting it as it was rather atypical and I'm not 100% sure it wasn't just some weird kids. I was driving home from work when I saw a big old Chevy van on the shoulder being pushed by some teenage boys. At first I passed it, but then I turned around and went back. Their behavior in many respects was quite peculiar, and all of them tried to hide their eyes from me in one way or another - dark sunglasses in spite of a cloudy day, ball cap pulled way down over the eyes, etc. The one blonde boy who did, perhaps accidentally, show me his eyes when he reached into the van for a gas can and accidentally knocked his cap off, the brief glimpse I got before he turned his head away was of solid black eyes, like black holes behind the lids.

They claimed they had run out of gas and wanted a lift up to the gas station, but they had no money. I offered to take the gas can, buy them some gas, and return with it, but they were rather insistent about 2 of them riding with me up to the gas station. Suspicious old lady that I am, I didn't want to have one or two teenaged boys riding in my car, and I told them so. Finally they let me take the gas can as it was obvious that I wasn't going to let any of them in my car. When I returned with the gas, one of the boys came and got it from me with only a mumbled, half-hearted "thanks." He put the gas in the tank and jumped in (I waited to make sure the van would start). The driver, a girl in her late teens with very dark glasses on that never spoke or got out of the vehicle, started the van up and drove off immediately, which is unusual. A vehicle that has truly run out of gas doesn't start right up when you put more gas in it, it takes time for the fuel pump to get the gas to the carburetor! I pulled out right after them and by the time I got over the hill, they had disappeared. THEN I was truly unsettled. There was nowhere for them to go. A few driveways and maybe a dirt road led off the highway in that area, but if they were that close to home why didn't they just walk home and leave the van? I kicked it up to 70mph thinking maybe they'd really put on the speed and gotten ahead of me, but when I got to the gas station there had still been no sign of them and I never saw the van again.

The main thing that always concerns me about BEK stories is that, out of all the accounts I have read, I have seen only ONE in which the "target" let the kids into the house, and that was someone who ran from the boys, locked herself in to the bathroom, and didn't come out until help arrived by which time the boys were gone (as best I recall the story). How many adults, especially if they are parents, wouldn't initially react to children claiming to need help by letting them in? Some BEKs have been described to appear as young as 8 years old. I'm not a parent and never have been, but as an abuse survivor and former runaway child myself, my reaction to an 8-year-old is going to be to try to help in spite of any uneasy feelings or "odd" behavior. I myself was rather an odd child who was excessively polite to adults and used "big words" and proper grammar at a very early age, so that sort of thing wouldn't put me off.

I have to think that some people, especially stolid skeptics or people who've never heard of BEKs, are going to let these kids in and try to help them! So what happens to those people? Does it turn out so ordinary that they don't report the incident, or do we never hear from them because they're dead or missing? Hmm? I don't know about you, but I have to wonder about the almost total lack of reports from people who gave them a ride or let them in. You would think there would be at least a few who posted somewhere and said "hey, you know, I had the same experience, but I let them in and all they did was use the bathroom and leave. Nothing scary at all, y'all just need to get a life..." or even "Yeah, I made the mistake of letting them in and a week later my house was robbed.." But .. nothing .. no such reports. Doesn't that make you wonder? Well, you say, that feeling of dread and unease and weirdness is such that no one lets them in, that's all. Okay. If that's the case, why do they keep repeating the same unsuccessful behavior that has never worked in all the years there have been BEK reports? Still makes no sense.

My 2 cents' worth.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Reading through this thread I can see that many people get confused or are unaware that the sclera and the iris are two different components. What the BEK kids are always described with are black scleras, and black irises.

Aniridia (a genetic absence of iris) and mydriasis (dilated pupils, due to certain drugs and sympathetic stimulation) are totally different things from a black sclera. The sclera is NOT involved in these two conditions, only the iris is involved.

Dilated pupils do not affect the sclera/whites of the eyes in any way. The sclera will stay white no matter how much you dilate your pupils.

The sclera, or the whites of the eye is not colored unless you have jaundice(yellow) or a subconjuctival hemorrhage (blood red) or a genetic connective tissue disease (light blue). A black sclera is a nonexistent medical phenomenon.

edit on 3-10-2010 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I don't know how many BEK posts I have to say this in, but I'm sure they have dilated pupils are on a substance and looking for some easy money.

I remember that age quite well, there were a lot of delinquents doing stuff like that all the time. I remember chasing kids out of my house like multiple times. You might have had a very sheltered life I guess. A lot of kids start that kind of stuff very young. (They can't go to jail.)

At that age and size even a couple drinks would totally swallow the whole eye, and be even more drastic if it was dark. They could even have like sneaked a beer and they'd have pure black eyes. Or they could have been on serious drugs, who knows, but it sounds like you grew up in a nice area and aren't use to that stuff.

edit on 71014201031012010Sunday14 by Nysothol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Black eyes could be the effect of being under possession.

It's the same as being under the influence, only complete takeover where the person has weak will.

Kids are susceptible as well.

I don't think it's that wierd.

Strange times were in with intense energies around the world at this time.

Take a little drugs and they welcome in dark energy and walla, possessed by demons.

Children are extra susceptible to this kind of attack especially if their playing around with crap they shouldn't.

I don't know. You decide, This is all if you believe in spiritual matters that is, you may not.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What I find interesting is the fact that "Black Eye Kids" are not a new subject. The story sounds like many heard before from various people around the world. Here is a web site concerning these creatures...

The Strange & Creepy Phenomena: Black Eyed Kids
www.ghosttheory.com...

I sincerely hope that you did not pull this story from another story, or twist someones else story or make up one of your own for attention reasons or what ever other phycological issues, because this web site is not about that. Not accusing, just being sceptical, as all people should be.

Many of us want so much to believe in such things and know the facts, but through our whole lives we may never experience them of know the facts because those things happen to so dam few of us. Well few considering that maybe it happens to Millions all over the Earth every year, but considering there are over 6 billion people, a million is a few.

Even with these happenings having been experienced by many people around the world every year for THOUSANDS OF YEARS, still, know one has a complete answer. Much of the knowledge concerning such phenomenon has been recorded in a lot of ancient text such as the Mahabharata, Rāmāyaṇa, Hindu itihāsa, Homer's odyssey, The Kolbrin, The Bible, The Qur'an, Welsh Folklore, Celtic Folklore, German Folklore, The Book of Enoch and many other ancient stories. It goes on and on and on. So bottom line, there is something to all the phenomenon, so we have the godly given right to wonder, to talk about it and to know.

Personal Rant...
I personally have had many odd experiences. But who am I to speak of such things? I am just a guy who is here for a short time on Earth, in the mist of an Ocean filled with billions of other faces that come and go by the hands of life and death, by the hundreds of thousands every day. But what makes me feel that I am richer in my soul and more enlightened then most of the many others of this world is the fact I do believe in the fantastic phenomenons. I am not just a meat bag with society programed thoughts & reactions. And because I do believe in many phenomenon and have experienced some of it, I think that makes me something more. And to those who have also, congratulations!

William Shakespeare said to a friend Horatio - Quote: There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy".

I call those phenomenon that may happen to you "Bumps". Big or little Bumps may happen giving you a mild push in another direction, if you choose to believe. Imagine a large sail boat out in the ocean heading from one port to another. Suddenly a storm comes with strong winds that begin to blow the ship off course in another direction that will ether put the ship into some rocks (Society Programing Resistance) or take it to another destination (Enlightenment). The Captain of the ship can choose to fight the storm (By instinct) and stay on course or see where the storm take him.

Where have those sudden storms taken you?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Sounds like they wanted to rob you to me.
The black eyes were probably contacts... they are very popular.

The kitten was obviously just the story... the set-up but I think you should have closed the door and checked at least.
Definitely a good thing you didn't let them in.

It is a weird story but not a paranormal one I don't think, not even that weird in today's society.... Kids doing drugs or wearing contacts, going around either robbing or just trying to freak people out.

The grin and odd behaviour does sound like drugs.

I guess we'll never know man.

Also whether it was the whole eye

Or just the Iris/pupil area

Both kinds of lenses are available.

edit on 3/10/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muzeam

Take a little drugs and they welcome in dark energy and walla, possessed by demons.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Sounds like they wanted to rob you to me.
The black eyes were probably contacts... they are very popular.

The kitten was obviously just the story... the set-up but I think you should have closed the door and checked at least.
Definitely a good thing you didn't let them in.

It is a weird story but not a paranormal one I don't think, not even that weird in today's society.... Kids doing drugs or wearing contacts, going around either robbing or just trying to freak people out.

The grin and odd behaviour does sound like drugs.

I guess we'll never know man.

if you want to case a place to rob it, i don't think you want to wear black contacts. i think that would kind of hurt your chances. im no professional thief, but that just seems like day 1 stuff.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm
if you want to case a place to rob it, i don't think you want to wear black contacts. i think that would kind of hurt your chances. im no professional thief, but that just seems like day 1 stuff.

And how many 13-16 year old professional thieves are there?

Do you think kids high on drugs will care about things like that?

It was probably a dare by some of their other mates to try and get into someone's house....

edit on 3/10/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join