It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Eyed Kids- Did I just have an BEK experience?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Oz,

As you know your on my friends list and I follow quite a lot of your threads, from what I've read your and intelligent and honest poster so as others have stated I have no reason to believe you have made this story up and therefore I take your account of what happened as fact including your feelings of suspicion and paranoia at the time.

I don't know that much about BEK's so I've just done a quick Google search to gen up on them; Am I correct in thinking they are basically kids with fully black eyes who knock on peoples doors asking to use the toilet or "come in for a talk" and basically frighten the life out of the homeowner with their strangeness?

At the end of the day I wasn't there personally to witness what happened so I can only go off your thoughts and opinions, judging from what you said it seems like a very strange experience.

With regards to the medical aspect, yes, it's possible for the entire pupil to be dilated thus giving the impression of having a completely black eye and as others have mentioned certain illegal substances can also do this.

I don't believe in your case however that the kids were on drugs.

Lots of things seem strange like the kids tone of voice, pseudo-accent, choice of words (i.e. mate) but unfortunately I don't think we will ever be able to get to the bottom of what happened.

Unless they return! Which if they do I'm sure we will be the first people to hear about it...

At the end of the day, it seems like a highly unusual experience to me and I'd go with the thought that something was definitely not right.

edit on 3/10/10 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
Were the kids standing still, or fiddling with things?
And do yo have anything of value that is easily seen from outside that they could've been after?

Cheers
Brady

Standing still, well I didnt notice that they were doing anything else. I have nothing outside of any va\ue, all my stuff like that is inside. I guess its possible that they wanted to see inside

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Very interesting story and thread.

Since reading i have been looking around online for all the stories since 1998. Also trying to go further back but it seems before 1998 there wasnt mucch written about the devious kids

I did find this article though with an old portrait painting of a young girl with black eyes that has also given guests in the hotl the creep and some supposedly have actually checked out due to it.

www.ghosthaunting.com...

The picture is in the article, although nothing scary, it still might be the only picture/portrait of one of these BEK's if they do indeed exist, or it might just be a creepy picture to see in person....

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Utopian
]
Oz, you mentioned that you had been watching DVDs just before these visitors pitched up. Any possibility that you were watching the tv series Supernatural?

No, I wasnt watching anything like that

Originally posted by RuGu HyPe
reply to post by Utopian

I wonder if that really would contribute anything to his perception, one must be highly sensitive to suggestion to be influenced by dvds, tv series, tv etc, which is of course a possibility and might be a good explanation.

Rugu

Im not influenced by anything there. This just happened, there was nothing there to make me precieve them as I did,

edit on 3/10/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilishlyangelic23
when you say you swear their eyes were completely black, do you mean the white part of the eye too? i've read a lot of stories about the black eyed kids, and the reports all seem to have that 1 thing in common, the eyes were completely black, with no white part at all.

I think it was the entire eye, but as I mentioned, it was difficult to see. Im quite confident I saw what I reported, but not 100%

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It MIGHT be drugs. Doesn't sound at all like el ess dee, but it could possibly be Bolivian Marching Powder. The latter is known to dilate the pupils as well. Little kids on it though... if that's the explanation, those circumstances must be nearly as bizarre as those of the BEKs.

You say the street light was out at that time? What about the next night? If it worked without anyone coming by to fix it, that would certainly be another small element of strangeness.

I don't know - I also would love to hear a bit more about their mannerisms.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
An interesting tale, I would imagine in the dim light their eyes appeared black but were probably dark hazel and dilated from wandering outside in the gloom. I would get very suspicious as well and would quickly consider a strategy to get away and get a weapon. I would've allowed them in simply to examine them better if I was that curious and to talk of course to gauge their intentions. The street lights going out is another odd coincidence and unlike most skeptics, I don't believe in coincidences. When I was a kid I was a little devil, I would smash stuff, steal stuff, roam around in groups in the streets and forests at night even on weeknights (we'd sneak out). But what strikes me as odd is their behavior, kid's innocent pranks usually have some point or prospect, perhaps to divert your attention while another makes off with an item you have or something along those lines. But this prank almost seems like it was designed to put you on guard, something more clever then a simple diversion... but to what purpose? Most interesting indeed...

I'd say it's probably nothing but I'd certainly keep a wary eye out if I were you. Perhaps throw on a black coat or cloak and wander the dark streets from time to time, see what you notice.

edit on 3-10-2010 by slayer420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
To play devil's advocate, it sounds like they just wanted to get their cat.

I would have just told them to go ahead and climb the fence and get it, no need to come in the house. That's the only weird part. The talking and all can be explained away as politeness for an authority figure, and you live in Australia so an Australian accent doesn't seem too surprising. The black eyes can be attributed to the lack of light, both porch and street, so the pupils were dilated. The fact they said they didn't have weapons was to ease your fears because you were hesitant to let them find their cat and they sensed you were scared of strangers, and may have even heard some of the stories you spoke about with the kids beating up adults.

The only thing I find truly strange is that they used the word 'insist', but I'm not from your country so kids may use that word. And the fact that they asked to get to your yard by entering through your house, but I don't know how tall your fence is.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
OZ has been here a while, and he has in my opinion demonstrated himself to be an honest, level-headed, and even skeptical member. I'm inclined to regard his testimony as credible personally. (The skeptic in me can't accept events as factual without proof of course, but I regard him as credible.)

Some questions:

When you say their eyes looked black briefly, do you mean just the entire iris? Or the entirety of the eye, as in, the "whites" as well? It would be harder to explain if it was the whites in my opinion.

How did they act? Put aside the creepy feeling you had. Were they behaving oddly? Abnormally calm? Confident? Or like normal kids their age?

If you had never heard a story about Black Eyed Kids, would have still had the same creepy feelings you experienced in your opinion?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
No porch light or streetlights. The kid behind him that you can't seem to remember. Drugs involved or not, you are alive and well today tell the story, all thanks to following your gut feeling. S n F

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There ain't no explaining to do here, it is a crystal clear BEK case
. All the factors are there, feeling of dread, unusual events, darkness, wanting to come in etc. In your lifetime you are likely to have at least one "paranormal" experience and modern technology "urges" you to quickly write it down before going into post-traumatic denial efforts where your mind invents things to adapt reality to its status quo version. I say you saw real BEK creatures, they wanted something from ya but bailed on it after seeing you're too hard nut to crack.

I bet you just want to forget it and go back to normal daily routine, because there's no such thing as black eyed kids and you were just confused a bit is all. It was an unpleasant experience and best would be to just let it go, a kid was probably high on '___' or something, yeah, it must've been that

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
When I was searching google for more info on this I came across another thread on here about the BEK. It seems very similar, especially because they demanded getting access into the house. And strangely, it seems that they need to be allowed into the house... I doubt it's a coincidence that peoples stories are so similar.

If it's okay, I will post the paragraph from the other thread here as it is not very long.

I was skateboarding at around 10:30 last night and i had stopped to take a rest when i was approached by two kids one with blonde hair and a baseball cap pointed and a skateboard painted all black on the bottom and the other slightly less intimitdating as he look to be around 8 he had blonde hair also and was wearing a spiderman shirt the older one spoke to me as i had my head hanging low " Hey, kid can you help us were lost we need to use a phone can you take us to your house?" I looked up at them and immediatly felt Dread and dispair i stood up quickly sensing something was wrong " Uh, you can use my cellphone if you want" the older kid seemed annoyed then and look me in the eyes it was then that i noticed they were black all black not in white i could see " Hey cool contacts where did you get them" i asked

" There not Contacts" he said flatly " Yea well sorry i couldn't help you guys out but im going inside" i turned around and started to ride but somehow the older kid caught up with me and grabbed my sholder " YOU will let us use your phone WE NEED TO GO INSIDE BUT WE CAN"T IF YOU DON"T TAKE US TO YOUR HOUSE" it was at this point i hit him in the face and ran up the stairs to my house and shook for hours later when i was on the computer i looked outside my window and the kids were staring at the window i told my mother and of course she didn't belive me

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hello Oz,

I think what happened to you is highly unusual. I live in the States so things could be different but we have curfews for weekdays and weekends until you are 18. Ther kis said they were 16 and it was midnight correct....right there that would raise my eyebrows.

I also think it hightly strange that they would knock at your door and ask to go through your home to your backyard to look for their kitten.

Also the lights... why would the streets lights be out and your home light blow out when you turned it on highly strange.

Are you sure this lasted only two minutes like you thought...did you actually look at the clock when you went to answer the door and look at it again when this was finished.....

I don't know how your home is but maybe you need to go out and look around to see if you can find anything strange or unusual. Check tonight and see if the streetlights are working.

The pupils of the eyes is one thing but think about their eyes was it just that area or the entire whites also. If it's the whites also then something isn't right/normal.

Also your dog I would think it strange that he/she didn't come to investigate, I would think this also unusual how is your pet normally.

I say be very careful and have a camera or camera phone near by so if this happens again you might be able to snap a picture.

Last but not least them disappearing so fast without you hearing is so highly unusal it doesn't make sense especially at that time of night.

You need to sit down and close you eyes and view everything again and "write it down," you might discover that you missed some things that could be of importance. Look in the background use your senses ...did the air feel different were there unusual sounds or sounds that should have been there but were not. You need to really vision this again and think about it.

Maybe you should report this to your local police department and if it has happened before they might tell you others in the area have reported it also and then can keep a closer eye on things in your area.

Keep us posted and think about that time was it really only two minutes.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Hi

I think you were right not to let the kids in, seems to me that they were indeed going to size up your property, who knows. Once they were in maybe the rest of the gang (probably older) who were waiting round the corner for them to gain entry would come charging in, they would have reason to do so now that you had two minors in your house at gone midnight!
Their creepy behaviour suggests that they had ulterior motives and it wouldn't surprise me if they had bigger plans as just mentioned. If it was about a kitten, and this was genuine, then they would have no problem with you calling their mum, but they did which suggests to me that the rascals were up to no good. As for the eyes, it was dark, pupils dilate when there's no light from your porch or street lamps, they were also wearing caps which could have cast a shadow. The first one had black hair which also suggests to me that he probably had brown eyes and in the lack of light and with large pupils it could have seemed like his eyes were totally black.
Did you find that kitten? I doubt it. Thanks for sharing your experience, make sure your doors and windows are locked at night from now on just in case they come back for your DVD collection.

Peace
WCS

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

If they did come back, I would steer clear of taking pictures of minors! Dunno about OZ but over here in the UK that gets you arrested

Peace
WCS

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Duplicate post, this keeps happening to me grrrrrrrrr

edit on 3/10/10 by WorstCaseScenario because: Duplicate post, this keeps happening to me grrrrrrrrr

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
As a fellow Australian I can tell you right now that normal kids do not "insist" to enter a strangers house, nor do they ask to come in to fetch their cat. They are more likely to say "umm yeah hi, our cat just jumped into your yard, do you think you could get her?"

After doing far too much freaky research at this hour (god help me get to sleep tonight) I found this, which - apart from the fact it is happening in a car, not a house - sounds very similar to your tale.

(Sorry Mods, I can't get the link thing to work for this particular link)
web.archive.org/web/20050213181819/www.pinn.net...
You'll have to copy/paste that sorry ><

Sense of doom, fear, foreboding, terror, dread? Check
Unremarkable clothing? Check
Two young boys 10-14 years? Check
One older, one younger? Check
One speaker, one silent one? Check
Unusual speech patterns? Check
Urging your to ALLOW them access to your home/car? Check
Black Eyes? Check.
Sudden dissapearance? Check.

The insistence to enter the home is what gets me, and what I find most scary. They are specifically seeking permission to enter. This has seriously freaked me out. I have two young children who wouldn't think twice to let other kids into our house. We have a big, black, scary looking dog but it doesn't sound like She would be any match for these scary little beings.

edit on 3/10/10 by Apocolypstick because: stuffed up the link

edit on 3/10/10 by Apocolypstick because: still can't fix the link

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Because of our divine nature they cannot harm us unless we allow them to come into our car or our homes. They too must abide by the free will of other beings or there would be those that would dispose of them. So basically big brother lets them walk around and harm us only if we allow them to. If they step out of line, it's finito for them. Just say no, no, no I know what you are. I wish you to leave now.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hey Oz, I have a possible, non paranormal suggestion:

From what the post of yours that I have read, you are a Weatherman, am I correct? Over here in the States, that means you have a good probability of being on the TV. Could it have been a simple targeting for a possible burglary? If I am not correct about you being on TV, then that goes out the window.

Like others have said, you are respected around these parts and no one would think that you are fibbing. So I believe your story, as well as your feelings that this was odd.

I know when I was a kid and trying to get a ball from a neighbors yard (didnt' have pets) that I would Just hop the fence, and if it was dark, knock on the door, say "Hey I need to get my ball out of your yard, so don't think someone is sneaking around" At that point the person usually just went and got it for me.

It is always weird when a stranger "insists" on getting in your house. You did right by keeping them away. Kid or not, you can never be to careful these days. I'd keep an eye out for the next few days. Just to be sure.

Hope it all works out for you.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here's a link for further reading on this subject: www.ufodigest.com...

Your experience appears to be described spot-on. I would venture to say that you did the right thing by not inviting these BEKs into your home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join