It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Eyed Kids- Did I just have an BEK experience?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+110 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I just wanted to share an experience I had a few nights ago. Most of you know that Im skeptical when it comes to things like these, and some of you even think Im a disinfo agent working for the government, lol, but I can assure you, that what Im about to write, did indeed occur.

Im not assuming these were black eyed kids, or are related to the paranormal in anyway, but there were sure a lot if things that were out of the ordinary and unusual.

About midnight a few days ago, thursday to be exact, I was simply relaxing aty home watching a few dvd's before heading to bed, when I was interupted by a knock at the door. As I normally do, I attempted to switch on the outdoor patio light, which (coveniently) blew up as i flicked the switch. Nevertheless I opened up the door.

There were 2 kids at the door. Both looked as though they were about 12 or 13. The first one, which decided to stand back off the porch, was short and wore a plain red tshirt and cargo shorts. I couldnt see much of him to honest, so I cant say too much about what he looked like. The second, who I assume knocked on the door was slightly taller than the first kid. and he wore a plain green tshirt, also with cargo shorts. He had medium length, black curly hair sitting under a plain (green) baseball cap. Due to the convenianatly "blown" light bulb, I also couldnt see him clearly as well. This was compounded by the fact that the street lights in my street were out (another wtf).

So, I opened the door and aked what they wanted. The first kid answered "Gday mate, we were just wondering if we could come in and get our kitten out of your backyard"

Now three things were odd about that immediately;

1. I've never had a 13 year old kid say to me "Gday mate" as a greeting. Usually its "Hi", or "hey"...never gday mate (it was like he was trying to be stereotypically Aussie)

2. His accent was weird. Half way between Australian and English...it appeared as though he was putting it on

3. When I was 13, I was not going around on weekdays at midnights (dont know about the rest of you)

Now considering the three points above, I was kind of taken back by the odd request, I said "Ok, I can go get it for you" to which he replied "No mate, we insist that we come get her, she gets really scared by strangers"

Again this was unusual

1. He called me mate again, in that weird accent

2. His claim about the cat didnt seem really...valid?

Now, this time, I actually considered letting them in, but that weirdness factor actually overcame that.

I asked him "how old are you buddy?" to which the one at the back replied, and I must say enthusiastically "16!" (he too had the same weird accent)" I said "you dont look 16"

The kid closest to the door started becoming a little tense, and changed the subject back "Look mate, we really need to come in and get our kitten" I was a bit shocked how his friendly tone turned hostile so quickly, so I replied "Look kid, if you are going to be rude, you wont be getting your kitten back". He apologised "Sorry mate, but please....we really need to get our cat". The other replied "Please, let us in"

Now I was becoming very suspicious of their intentions. A lot of stuff has been happening lately here in Australia, like assaults, home burglaries, where adults had been bashed by kids. Its becoming more frequent. So naturally my next instinct was to see (subtlely) if I could spot any concealed weapons. What happened next actually shocked me!

The first kid said "We dont have any weapons on us", dumbfounded, I almost responded "How did you know I was thinking that"...but changing the subject to avoid them becoming more suspicious, what I actually said is "Does your mother know you are out this late". He replied "Come on mate, just let us in our mother will get angry if we dont come home with the kitten"

By this time I had enough. I said "tell you what, give me your phone number and i will call your mum back tomorrow, and if I find the kitten I will bring it back", I almost, again, opened the door to give them a paper and pen, (there was paper an pen near the front door on a table, so I didnt have to leave the room) as I moved my hand to the door the kid stepped right up to the door.

This is where it turned from unusual to creepy. He had a really strange grin on his face, and I could have swore his eyes were completely black. That made me immediately jerk back from door

I said "Ok you need to get away from my front door, now" he answered "We are just kids, mate, let us get our kitten"

I replied "Leave now or Im calling the cops" Both the kids simply stared at me at that point. That really freaked me out and I had the sneaking suspicion that they wanted to do "something" to me. To show them i was serious, I turned back and grabbed my mobile phone, with the intention of making it look like I was serious about making a call to the cops, but when I turned back they were gone, just like that, so I shut the door. I had a bit of a desire to go out their and see where they went, but I also had a bad feeling about the events that juts occured. The whole thing lasted for about 2 and a half minutes, but it was the most bizzare thing thats ever happened to me.

Im not someone that has had lifetime experiences of being in contact with paranormal phenomena, and I beleive most the of that stuff is either rubbish or a case of mistaken identity. So, Im actually looking for an explanation to this.

Was it kids playing a prank with black contacts?

Has anyone had similar experiences? Would love to hear them

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
yeah it could be a new version of what kids do at sleep overs, we use to dial a fake pizze delivery.....times have changed.
The foklore of the BEKS could mean they do this as pranks now, but it was a week nght, and most kids are not on a sleepover pulling pranks on a weeknight......
Another thing, is black contacts would cost you quite a bit i thought?
Would a 13 year old spend their moneis on that?

You have spooked me either way..... that they could be pranormal, but more so that there are freaky brats allowed out to cause this mischief.......

times are a changin.....

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I've always been fascinated by black eyed kids. It's been quite a while since we've had a serious story about them. From what Ive read about your other posts, you're quite the rational poster as well so I've no reason to doubt your story. If you find out anymore about this, maybe ask around your neighborhood or something, i'd like to hear a good explanation.

Not sure how bad it is with kids in Australia but over here, I wouldn't doubt too much and would probably let kids in my house... Then again, depends on what they look like. If they'd look like little thugs I wouldn't let em in of course. Who knows, maybe they were sizing up the place for breaking in a couple of days later.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Kids out at that time of night on a weekday??? I would be highly suspicious. You were wise not to let them in.

link   
Sorry Oz man.

You don't believe in chemtrails, so what you say about these black-eyed kids, well, it's just more of your disinformation sort of stuff.

Just kiddin

This is an interesting experience you related to us ATSers.

I've read about other people's experiences with these BEK's. They are creepy, for sure!

I've never met one of these kids. I did know a woman who was rather interesting. She had black eyes.
She also had a very soft, thick stripe of fur running down from just below her neck, down between her breasts and on further down into the "nether regions". Strange, yes. Weird, well, yes,

She did have some sort of eerie control over her man. And if he wasn't so protective of her, I'm quite sure I would have been another man who would have gladly been drawn into those black eyes.

And just as suddenly they appeared in our little town, they both soon disappeared after a few months.

Okay, Oz Weatherman.............could there just be something happening, that others have seen, but you have not noticed? Just a thought, my friend.

+22 more 
link   
I would suggest that the kids had dilated pupils because of another reason.

It might account for the odd behaviour too

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8835d5f7ab6a.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 3-10-2010 by davespanners because: Altered to remove something that is against the T&C's

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Dilated pupils the size of the entire eye?

Thats quite extreme...is that even possible?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by davespanners

Dilated pupils the size of the entire eye?

Thats quite extreme...is that even possible?

el ess dee (in T&Cs you know)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Thanks for the reminder.

I forgot that the subject was forbidden.. Have edited it now

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Pupils ie the dark centre of the eye dilate when ome takes certain illegal substances - I have seen this in people and yes their eyes appear black - hope this helps - Bet you never found a kitten - sounds like bad lads up to no good
I have also hears that you can make the pupils fully dilate by use of certain eye drops usualy done for vanity reasons.
Also the eyes do dilate when it is dark and like you say the porch and street lights were out

edit on 3-10-2010 by artistpoet because: extra info

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Personally it sounds like vampires to me. Old Vampire lore states that a vampire cannot enter your dwelling without your invitation.Judging by what you said the were probably sibling who had only been turned a few years prior.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Azekual

Vampires eh

Well, are they supposed to have black eyes

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
If it was just enlarged pupils then it could have been something a lot more simple than drug usage.

What happens to your eyes when you are in the dark?

They dilate to let in as much light as possible and someone who has been in the dark for a while will look a lot like someone on drugs.

It could have been Mydriasis caused by a number of things.

Mydriasis is an excessive dilation of the pupil due to disease, trauma or the use of drugs. Normally, the pupil dilates in the dark and constricts in the light to respectively improve vividity at night and to protect the retina from sunlight damage during the day. A mydriatic pupil will remain excessively large even in a bright environment and is sometimes colloquially referred to as a "blown pupil".

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa4eba81befb.jpg[/atsimg]

Overall it sounds like an odd situation either way and makes for a nice story.

You should submit it to the Halloween writing contest.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Your story sure fits the pattern of the b.e.k. encounters... That is just too freaky.. would be something that would take a long time to forget.

If it is paranormal, then it is relatively rare so far... The implications are mind boggling also, if it is indeed some paranormal thing...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It could've been just kids being kids.
It's the school holidays here in New Zealand, so it's possible it's the school holidays over there aswell?
Which would explain why they were out that late on a school night.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You know...I read a really disturbing thread the other day: Demon Baby?. Now, the only reason I found it some what disturbing was because the guy sounded so genuine, and I really find it hard to believe that anything like what he describes actually exists...but after reading your post, I'm a little more curious now, I find it highly doubtful that the OWM made this up...though there could obviously be a rational explanation for what happened. To me it seems highly unlikely that children would say some of those things, and respond in the way they did. You can see they wanted to get into your house, and it most likely wasn't because of a kitten in your backyard...why couldn't they just jump your fence and grab the kitten, especially if it was that late at night...and how did they even know you were awake? Exactly how old did these children look to you, and what do you believe they actually wanted from you, did you get a "vibe" or feeling from them that indicated their intentions? Also, the blown light and other things really add to the curiousness of this story. I enjoyed the read in any case.

EDIT: Here's a small quote from the demon baby thread, with interesting parts bolded by me:

This 'baby' jolted his/it's head around and with sunkin black, lifeless eyes stared at me with an evil grin. All I could do was absorbe and burn in to my mind what I was seeing. It was about the size of a 12 month old baby but completely hairless. It was muscluar and had deformed legs that just dragged behind it. It was shiney as if coated with sweat or oil, and it was demonic in presence. As it held it'self up with it's front arms, head cocked looking at me with a horrific grin, it quickly scurried away with it's withered legs dragging/wagging behind.

edit on 3/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
It could've been just kids being kids.
It's the school holidays here in New Zealand, so it's possible it's the school holidays over there aswell?
Which would explain why they were out that late on a school night.

Cheers
Brady

True, it is school holidays over here at the moment too. I just find it hard to comprehend the kind of parents that would let their kids out that late. Irresponsible

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

This is just the beginning of your adventure. Next very odd synchronicities, unexplainable odors, sounds, lights
phone calls, unusual people, time anomalies, a strange metallic taste in your mouth

You my friend have been tagged to enter.....the twilight zone

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Certainly isnt your style to make things up old friend.
It was weird how a young kid would say ' i insist' too.
Given the darkness on the front door step, would explain the rather large pupils.
You certainly handled it quite well.
Did you at all go to see if indeed there was a kitten in your backyard ?
Or do you have a dog so you didnt worry ?
Btw, ive been saying 'Gday Mate' since i was knee high... family of Ockers lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join