It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[!HOAX!] Pic of UFO very close range. [!HOAX!]

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It is neither sunny in the image and neither is there a group of people blinded by any light, it does zero harm to ask questions.

See I always find if you already have made up your mind there is nothing much to see of any interest, then you might as well continue looking at the ground with your hands in your pockets.

Like many do who call into question what others see.

An image was posted, with the request for help in determining what the image is showing people, clearly there is something there, is it a balloon? possibly it could be, as I have on countless occasions said if a persons mind is already made up before they even see what people are looking at, then why bother stopping and looking?

I think its called Psuedo Criticism, you cant make something seem legitimate based on a story, as much as anyone can claim this is an Alien craft based on the image itself, just like you cant make it any more a balloon because a person refuses to even consider there just might be something to the many thousands of unexplained sightings around the World.

Am I to take it that no further questions need to be asked because you know for certain you know what it is? and that because of that your word should be taken as mystery solved? move along nothing to see here but a rounded object flying in the sky, in a World were you would need some kind of incredible technology to keep it up there?

Unless of course it is a balloon which is exactly what people are trying to determine here, hence the further questions in the hope of a possible explanation.

What a horrible World it would be if nobody had the opportunity to think for themselves and find out the truth of what mystifies them.

edit on 2/10/2010 by azzllin because: To remove too many of the same word.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Thank you azzllin. Even if its nothing it is very interesting.

I have spoken to my sister and her husband as I said in an earlier post today, and we skyped about an hour and a half ago.

This will sound silly, as it does to me and her.

The "UFO" was around 50 feet higher than the houses you see in the PIC when the photo was taken. So not high at all. It was clear enough that day and she remembers it like it was yesterday.

The object descended from around 800 ft to the height the photo was taken in around 2 - 3 seconds and flown directly over the houses you see in the photo. The houses are standard three story houses with Chimneys.

They saw the object some way off up 800 feet or so and my sis ran and got her camera. A pretty crap one but digital all the same. By the time she cam back out it started to descend and she snapped off that photo. Not her or her husband or the lady they were talking too at the time heard any sound such as a buzz, chopping, engine, whirring, bleeping or anything. She said the object looked "Shadowed". She said she looked at it and it would not appear clear although she could clearly see something was there. She added that its like "a floater" some people get in their peripheral vision, you can see it but not clear even though its so close.

As It rose again she turned and ran into the house through her kitchen and down her hallway unlocked the latch on the door and went outside. Out the front of the house is a large open green, longer than a couple of football pitches (fields) and this object was already passed them. She snapped of another pic but got nothing of the object in it on inspection. The time it took her to run through her house and get out the other side is around 8 - 10 seconds that day she thinks. So she re-enacted the run through the house today while we were skyping and did what she did before. She did this 4 times for comparability today.

Each time it actually took around 7 secs. 7.28 secs was the average of all 4 runs.

The woman she and her husband were talking to said she could not make out the object properly either even though it was quite close.

She said, "It was "fuzzy" to her like when someone tries to blur out a face on a photo, everything else was crystal clear just the object remained fuzzy and out of focus sort of."

I download the pic the very next day straight of her camera when I went to her house.

The object was sighted two days prior, 5 houses down from my sisters hovering way up in the sky above a nice couples house. They say it sat there for minutes before moving away and then accelerating out of sight. They did not take a pic as they said they spent too long debating what it was. They said nothing till my sister told them about the object she photoed and the couple said that they saw it too.

edit on 113131p://f16Saturday by L1U2C3I4F5E6R because: spelling again

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

You completely missed the point. The sun had nothing to do with it. It's a matter of perspective. For an object in the sky there is none.

And now we have descriptions of distance. The only way to judge these is if there is some idea of the size of the object. What are those estimates based on?

edit on 10/2/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Azzlin.....

Your commentary pertaining to Phage's post got me thinking.....

As much as Phage's commentary can be challenging at times.....

I believe Phage always offers relevant, interesting & useful commentary that helps our critical examination of cases like these.

I am always glad when Phage contributes to such discussions.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 2-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Of course Maybe...Maybe not.

However, I am no expert on this subject and all views to me are welcome. Negative or not.

I have tried to relay the events surrounding it. Three people that day had eyeballs on the object and each states it appeared blurry or fuzzy even though the surrounding object, cars buildings and so forth were clear as day. Even the pic seems to be blurry and not clear on the UFO.

I just respect and appreciate all answers including yours.

edit on 113131p://f23Saturday by L1U2C3I4F5E6R because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Photofaked or not, your image looks very much like a Coanda effect vehicle.

jlnlabs.free.fr...

In the black world these may have been developed as surveillance and crowd control platforms.

Interesting shot, good luck with its verification.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The estimates can only be based on what the witnesses tell us.

With the further information added, it seems that a balloon can be ruled out, balloons don't drop in height hover and then accelerate away within 10 seconds, not normally anyhow, I suppose the object could have gone behind an obstruction and out of sight, but that is unlikely with people seeing it move out of sight.

Can I ask you Phage, is there anything, say an event or some other scenario that has had you scratching your head as to what it was? without convincing yourself that it must have been some logical everyday sighting because it must have been? or because you couldn't think of anything else it could have been.

The reason I ask is you always seem to have an answer, even if those answers have been shown on occasion to be wrong, I am not trying to be critical to you in any way, all of us are wrong sometimes, I would just like to know if there is anything of a believer in you, or do you refuse to believe in the chance that we could well be on the receiving end of visitations from another dimension or indeed interstellar travellers, maybe even a whole civilisation here on Earth that have hidden themselves from the World we know.

Would you be willing to share any event that you could not explain, not personally although that would be good, but from all and any information that has been presented to you?

Surely even you cant explain every anomaly people have witnessed, and I am 100% certain that not everyone is mistaken on what they tell us they have seen and witnessed.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by L1U2C3I4F5E6R
Im not saying it is a real UFO yet.

However, I am no expert on this subject and all views to me are welcome. Negative or not.

Just curious, but what is a "real" UFO?

And what would a negative view entail?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

I think that when we refer to UFO in cases like these most are hoping to or at least glimpse something not of this world.

A negative response would be one that is insulting i suppose, but im pretty thick skinned when it comes to that.

I don't see the point of the question? Could you be clearer?

edit on 123131p://f01Sunday by L1U2C3I4F5E6R because: edited for language

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I agree, Phage offers up some extremely relevant information, has even helped me change my mind on some things I have seen on here.

All information if relevant is important, just like the smallest detail can be important, explanations come along through details we may not be aware of, that's why I enjoy posts like this one, where there is not immediately an obvious explanation for what we are seeing.

Sometimes Phage saves us the blushing that goes with the difference between about to put our foot in our mouths, and not seeing the obvious.

Apologies to Phage I do not mean to talk around you.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

What's the point of commenting on something I have no opinion on? "Gee. I don't know what that is." I don't talk for the sake of talking. And yes, it does happen.

That's exactly the case here. I don't know what it is. I was simply pointing out peoples perceptions of objects in the sky can be very deceptive as to size, distance, speed, and true motion. I don't know if it's a balloon. It could be, but it's impossible to tell from the image. But I've learned through experience (on more than one occasion) that people, alone and as a group, can very much misjudge what they are looking at. I take each case as a separate issue. I don't think 100% of cases are mistakes in judgment but I think the majority are.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by L1U2C3I4F5E6R

Thank you for that information.

Can I ask where you are? not exactly where you are but general area please?

Just so I can check for other sightings close by, and to check if maybe the local Police are prone to using the new drones that are popping up now that they use to observe.

There was a report a month or so ago seen by a lot of people, that turned out to be a drone used by Merseyside Police to monitor crowds going to watch a football match.

It hovered for nearly 30 minutes, had people convinced it was 500 foot in diameter, in reality it was a little over 12 inches, as Phage said its hard to determine size especially in a grey sky and nothing to judge it by.

If the local Police don't use drones, then its another item to cross off the list.

I have to admit your photo has got me scratching my head.

Ill get back into it tomorrow, its 6am and I need me ugly sleep.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Its a
Balloon/ball
Hoodcap
Garbage Lid
toy

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Hey azzllin,

the picture was taken in the West Sussex / East Sussex border up in the Downs near to a place called Devils Dyke. Its remote and only about 20 houses in the area. It is surrounded by trees and fields for miles. The nearest shop is 4.9 miles away and the Nearest Police station would be a good 12 miles away or more, as the crow flies.

Happy sleeping.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Something that might be relevant is that Devils Dyke is an extremely popular site for Hang gliders, Para gliders, kite flying and model air plane clubs to visit

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

reply to post by EsSeeEye

I think that when we refer to UFO in cases like these most are hoping to or at least glimpse something not of this world.

A negative response would be one that is insulting i suppose, but im pretty thick skinned when it comes to that.

I don't see the point of the question? Could you be clearer?

edit on 123131p://f01Sunday by L1U2C3I4F5E6R because: edited for language

I just wanted to be sure you were using the term "UFO" to mean "Alien spaceship", which it doesn't mean at all. I know it's probably a lost cause, but it's extremely damaging to the study of UFOs altogether to intermix the terms that way. It's not your fault, it's just the way things are now. But you see why I was curious about the term "real UFO", considering any real UFO would just be something unidentified, not identified as an alien spaceship, which is how people use the term UFO now.

As for the negative question, I was curious because it seemed that you used it in a manner that meant that anything not agreeing with the idea that the UFO was an alien spacecraft was negative. I just wanted that cleared up.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I don't even know why the OP would post such garbage (literally).

Another great thread OP, way to to go; you're on a roll

edit on 3/10/2010 by highlyoriginal because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yes it is. That is about 2 miles from my sisters location, and I gave that some consideration a while back and it does not appear to be any of those.

This thing did not have person hanging off it, or was not a kite, at such a close range these things would be noticeable. Also it made NO noise and I went to a model airplane shop to ask the owner if he had heard of a remote control plane or craft that was pure silent. He said "that would be something"

I showed him the photo and he said it was not a model he had ever seen. I questioned his expertise and he said just a mere 42 years with model aircraft.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

I don't even know why the OP would post such garbage (literally).

Another great thread OP, way to to go; you're on a roll

Highlyoriginal.....

I have actually found the photo & the ensuing discussion very interesting.

Do you have an opinion as to what the object might be?

When you say "garbage (literally)", are you saying you think the object is the lid of a garbage can that has been thrown into the air?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What you neglect to mention is that misidentification works both ways. There are probably, just as many genuine UFOs that go unreported because people do not expect to see strange things in the sky. People assume that flashing light must be an aircraft of some sort. That tiny light zipping across a dark clear sky must be a satellite.

As with many of my generation i did a couple of skywatches down at Warminster in the late 70s and early 80s. I really didn't expect anything to come of it and was very lucky in that, we had clear weather and no moon for the ones i participated in. In the space of those visits I, along with about a dozen other people saw a couple of lights that weren't aircraft or satellites. They moved way too fast to be aircraft and one of the party had a listing of all the satellites that were due to be visible and they didn't fit into the flight pattern or brightness they should have been. Neither were they meteors, what they were i haven;t a clue. What i do know is that, they were genuine unknowns.

I also know from, frankly way too long in the field, that a good number of UFO reports have come in, after the fact as it were. That is, people who when they first saw something assumed it was; "just something from a strange angle, secret project etc etc", later realised others have seen similar objects , with better qualifications than they had and they were mystified as to what they actually were.

For instance,as a child of about 8 i remember being utterly convinced that the object i saw one school lunch time was undoubtedly a weather balloon. It was perfectly spherical, it shone as if reflecting the sun. I don't know how many other kids watched it for the whole of the lunch hour. Several teachers saw it and pronounced it a weather balloon. It might well have been one, that said, it stayed in exactly the same position for nearly 2 hours. All logic says it was a weather balloon, however, that afternoon we had sports. A gaggle of us stood and watched the object and then it was gone. It didn't float off, it didn't drift off, it just vanished, one second there the next, gone. At the time I don;t think a single person thought of UFO, Now i look back and wonder what it was. All logic and common sense says, it was a weather balloon, but how does something disappear in cloudless blue sky? How did it manage to stay in exactly the same place for not just minutes but a couple of hours? was it tethered to the floor?. Quite possibly. That really isn't, in someways, the crux of what happened. it was the simple blind acceptance that this object, must be perfectly normal and have every right to be there, if a little unusual.

So, while there is no doubt that people see things as more *interesting* than they truly are, it also has to be admitted, for balance that.There are almost certainly some very very interesting sightings that have gone completely ignored because the peer group meme , of the group that saw it was; its' a perfectly normal object,we are just seeing it in a strange way. The truth is, sadly, people in peer groups don't want to rock the boat. Individuals, alone, confronted with the *unknown* would often rather assimilate something strange into the everyday mundane so as not to be forced from their comfort zone.

One of the funniest and yet in a way slightly tragic tales i was told by another in the UFO involved some classic British *little old Lady*. She had lived through two World Wars. She had led an incredibly interesting life and at times, somewhat tragic. Her art was her passion and she was proud of the picture she had drawn to show my colleague of what she saw from her garden one afternoon. My colleague described how she sketched, with such care a craft, the like of which he had never seen before in his life. When he asked her; "Didn't she think it a little unusual?" ..her reply was ... "Well i just assumed it was those lovely young men from the airfield having a joke". She had absolutely no interest in reporting a UFO or, for that matter becoming involved in a UFO case. So much so, she later told my colleague she had destroyed the picture as she didn't want to cause any trouble for the young men at the airfield. That was her rationalisation of it. her generation assumed that, if it's unusual it's probably secret, one of ours and *mums the word*.

Again, for every attention seeking, me me me i saw it person, there is probably another who wouldn't dream of ever going public. That's just a part of studying UFOs one has to live with and deal with.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join