It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[!HOAX!] Pic of UFO very close range. [!HOAX!]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Groingrinder.....

WE ARE NOT SEEING ALL OF THE EXIF DATA. Please note the scroll bar on the image showing the exif data.

That's correct.

The only part of the EXIF data I did not provide (because I couldn't fit it all on the screen grab) refered to the thumbnail metrics.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 2-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification & spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GummB
a possibility? sorry i am not sure how to post the pic on here properly

GummB.....

For interest & convenience, I have inserted your picture for you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f971928f923e.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Jessejamesxx…..

Exif data can be faked. There are editors everywhere. I've seen it done to fool people before.

I agree……”EXIF data can be faked”

The EXIF app’s I “use” (& certainly not to suggest I possess the photography knowledge & skills of many members on here) are Opanda IExif 2.3 & Opanda POWERExif Professional. With these I can…..

- Select the EXIF data fields

- Right click to bring up an advanced menu

- Access an edit function wherein I can edit the fields in the EXIF data file

This is consistent with the information on their website:

THE BEST CHOICE TO EDIT EXIF DATA IN IMAGES

”Opanda PowerExif is a professional tool to edit Exif data in images. As the best assistant to edit & modify images information for photographers, image pickers, PowerExif allows to edit & modify all Exif data freely”

www.opanda.com...

Note: Please use the slider bar (above) to view the EXIF data edit control window

So as you say, we must also be very circumspect about jumping to conclusions based solely on conclusions derived from EXIF data.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I zoomed in 600 percent. This is fake. The "Ufo" is superimposed, as anyone working professionally with images can tell you. Zooming in you can see the the perfect square box of a digital artifact surrounding the image of the "UFO" that was superimposed.

In digital photography and digital video an artifact refers to any visible defect.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/797924be26f8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

As has been already pointed out, that "box" like rectangle appears on other photos of wholly legitimate subject as have already been linked to in this thread. There is as yet, no proof whatsoever from the data that this image has been tampered with. Should someone come along and actually bother to explain exactly what process has been used, how and replicate it perfectly, fine, till then what is the point of simply saying..Its fake, there's a rectangle without actually backing it up with some sort of concrete proof? When i say proof, i don't mean, *it's easy to spot", cos it has been demonstrably shown these rectangles show up under high magnification on legitimate non controversial photo's as well.

You have no need to worry anyway, because the moment the photo's legitimacy is anything like established. We will have umpteen people telling us how it's a hubcap tied to a migrating egret, chasing a bee, reflecting swamp gas off the body of a TR3B whilst being used as drone for target practice by the 1/5th scale model of a F-III that was dumping fuel and testing a new stealth missile disguised as an overcast sky.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by cripmeister
[

OPS: Did your sister take the picture specifically to capture that, or was it a random picture that she happened to notice later on something was in it (aka, could this be just a raindrop on the lens). Also, is there other pictures?

Hi,

My sister took the pic specifically to try and capture this object as it had been noticed by a few neighbors and her and her husband saw it coming towards them from a distance off. She went inside and got her camera. She got this one shot and ran through her house to the front to try and get another as the object rose higher into the sky over her house. She took about 8 -10 seconds to get through her house but the object was so far away by then. She took a pic but it was too far away to appear in the pic.

I know its my sister, but I know she is not lying about what she saw. She does not now what it is and neither do I. But this thing is real and it might not be Alien but it is something that is flying around doing what ever. Scouting maybe.

**just another point. The object can move very quickly. Too quick for a garbage can lid or whatever and it can be stationary. There is ZERO sound coming from it and the point that sticks with me is that it looks like a shadow when you look at it. My Sister said that you could not make out detail even when close. That it stayed "shadowed" no matter how far or near it was.

edit on 083131p://f05Saturday by L1U2C3I4F5E6R because: added info

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hi there maybe,

Did your friend Charlz manage to come up with anything about this PIC.

I am going to be speaking with my sister and her husband tonight so will ask more questions.

I will be back on later tonight. In a few hours.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
Ok, I zoomed in and there seems to be a perfect square around it that is pixelated, and it seems photo shopped to me. Like someone pasted it there in the picture. I could be wrong though.

I does not look other-worldly to me. What I saw in 2004 was definitely other worldly.

Got curious after the above reply and copied the photo. Then I used my contrast control all the way and while there seems to be a "disturbance" around the object I wouldn't go so far as to say that there is a "...perfect square around it that is pixelated..." or that it looks photoshopped. Such an effect would show under high magnification. I have seen what a "...perfect square around it that is pixelated..." looks like on a a recent Jaime Maussan episode and that was definite: sharp edges and pixels. The object in the poster's photo looks like it's disturbing the air around it, seen on many photos and videos.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
clearly photoshopped.

look at the distorsions around the object.

Cut and pasted and blended.

If it was a real photo it wouldn't have that nonsensical lines around that are from a clear cut and paste.

I'm a designer and I've been using Photoshop for work since 1992. I downloaded the image and looked at the different RGB channels, I don't see any evidence of what you are calling 'cut and pasted and blended'. Yes, there is some pixelation around the image, more in the blue channel than the red or green, but it's consistent with the pixelation around the houses. It's just not very high rez.

If someone who was good at Photoshop wanted to fake an image, you wouldn't be able to tell.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Paige Turner

A question, Aside from the low resolution is part of the disturbance possibly caused by this? It is an object at distance the camera is hand held. Ergo you blow it up by a huge amount, any slight shake in the photographers hands is multiplied by the same amount? So, something you wouldn't notice at all at a normal magnification takes on a, seeming, far greater importance?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by L1U2C3I4F5E6R

It IS a UFO! It's flying, its an object, and at this point it's unidentified. It could be an IFTCL

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Its a UFO, Its not superimposed look at the houses they have too, Its really there.

Good catch. Thanks

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Paige Turner

Paige Turner,

Thank you for your contribution and stating that as far as you can see it is not a cut and paste.

I know that in this day and age it is very hard to know what is real and what is fake with the current technology available.

I am hoping that if some people can see its not photo shopped then we can try and figure out what it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
guys,

I was doing some internet searching and came across a few article that talked about the type of propulsion systems one might use if one was from elsewhere besides Earth.

One article stated that there could be a distortion around the UFO's because they bend light and space? Would that show up on the photo? Could that be the thing people are mistaking for photo shopping? Could ti be why we can clearly see the buildings and the telephone wire but can't make out the UFO clearly even though its "closer" than most UFO pics?

This is just a thought. But would welcome theories!!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Guys,

I have zoomed in really close. I hope that this proves its not photo shopped.

If anything it has a glow around it?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Your Sister needs to be congratulated, I know people who have been watching the skies for longer than many on here have been alive, and they still struggle to get a decent image.

I am intrigued as to what it may be, I would think if someone was going to alter the EXIF data, then they would have gone a lot further to fake a picture than what we see in the image.

The problem with digital images is the pixel disturbance like what you see around the object, that's a great reason to use older equipment with film, its a lot easier to pull out a digital camera in the moment, which itself can be an achievement if your not ready or watching the skies waiting in case you see something.

Which is why she should be proud of herself, no matter what it turns out to be.

I have seen images of similar objects many times, its hard to determine altitude, I think it was maybe maybe not who said, it could be really close or miles high in the sky.

It would be great if your Sister or other witnesses had an idea of the height, and if anyone saw it leave, my impression is it is out of place in the sky, so needs to be looked into more.

I think people would have been aware if it was a balloon or a Frisbee, the Frisbee can be ruled out if it was seen to leave, they have a habit of falling back to earth, a balloon would have been visible for several minutes and have been a little obvious to be honest.

Thank you for sharing, hopefully your Sister may be able to shed a little more light with a little more information, the problem is that the picture was taken quite some time ago, she might have a problem remembering all the details, and yet she may remember the event as clearly as if it was taken today.

Would it be possible to ask any of the other witnesses what they remember? the more information the better obviously.

Thanks again

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

While walking down to the beach one fine summer day I came upon a group of people looking up with their hands shading their eyes from the Sun and pointing at the sky. I looked up but couldn't see anything. As I got closer to them I could hear comments; "It's huge!", "Look how fast it's going!"

Really curious now, I asked what they were looking at. One of them said, "It's a UFO. Look, right there." I looked. I saw. A black toy balloon about 10" in diameter and maybe 100' in the air, drifting with the wind and being buffeted by gusts.

An object isolated in the sky, with no points of reference, can fool the eye. The observers had made the assumption that this was a very large object. Going from that assumption, because it looked so small, it must be very high in the sky. From there, its motion must be very fast instead of just drifting with the wind, the way balloons do. As a group, they had come to the wrong conclusion about what they were looking at. Their excited chatter feeding the illusion.

I said, "Um, I think it's a balloon." There was an immediate, "Yeah, right. Look how big it is." But then there were some abashed giggles as the observers' perspective changed. The group dispersed as the balloon passed under a cloud, making it obvious what was being seen.

Our eyes play tricks on us.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Who can say its definately a shopped job or not?Does it matter all that much?
I doubt that theres much to be gleaned in terms of information off it if it IS real....
Just another fuzzy UFO BLOB in the sky....
I for one wish that they never invented the digcam....
Theres no getting much better detail with a blowup....if we were still on film it is a much better chance wed have something to really analyze by now..
One observation stands out here....that is the simple fact,hoax or not, there are a large number of these fuzzy, blobby,(many times self luminous and illuminated,)whatchamacallits flying around!
I make it Orange blobs,multicoloured blobs, and white blinding blobs.
These three types seem preponderant sic
Taken in their context of being seen in the sky(either descending, ascending ,hovering,doing aerobatics, or straight line flying at all speeds including instantaneous course reversals.........also splitting, rejoining,apearing from thn air, and dissapearing likewise)
Perhaps we could speculate some on that vien...?
ie
Colour changes preceed changes in flight characteristics in some cases....
Objects have been observed to morph(shapeshift)as well as change colour....
If you have seen an illustration of a two dimensional universe on film, you will know the inhabitants of the lower
level dimension will observe phenomenon that defy the conventional logic of their dimension, when confronting beings or space time of a more mutidimensional universe.
My proposal here is that SOME UFO experiences seem to perfectly fit this scenario!
We three dimensional beings observe phenomina that may be of a four or more dimensional nature.....
Much of the UFO wierd observations fit this pattern of a dimensional interchange or boundary where we get a glimpse into a small fragment of the universe next door.......
Perhaaps the UFOs are unaware of us as sentient creatures because we are so infinitly simpler than they.....
Are you always aware of the print when walking across a newspaper?
This is in effect a three dimensional being, contacting with three dimensional feet a two dimensional bubble universe, the printed page.....
What would the feet look like to the flat inhabitants of the newspaper page?
First the crescent of the heel slowly growing to the full profile of the foot, with the toes trailing off into nothingness as your foot cycles a step across the page.....
Is anyone visaulising this with me?
When you apply this effect to some sightings the reported ufos do act similarly at times.
i await your barbs....duh

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If anyone would like to know a little more about image forensics i.e. how to tell if an image has been altered then there is a great paper on it here
www.hackerfactor.com/papers/bh-usa-07-krawetz-wp.pdf
It's a pdf so I won't link directly

I said before that I ran the image through an online error level analyser and it most certainly does not seem to be a photoshop cut and past

The result of the analysis can be found here

edit on 2-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by L1U2C3I4F5E6R
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hi there maybe,
Did your friend Charlz manage to come up with anything about this PIC.
I am going to be speaking with my sister and her husband tonight so will ask more questions.
I will be back on later tonight. In a few hours.

L1U2C3I4F5E6R.....

CHRLZ has been busy & he said he will try to look at the photo tonight.

Please.....

.....do not presume I suggest for a second that my opinion is more "expert" than others. You should simply place my opinion (such that it is because I presently have "no opinion" about the object) amongst all other opinions on offer & weigh everything up in your own mind.

Please.....

.....do not feel "negative" about the critical commentary. That critical commentary will help to exclude prosaic explanations.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 2-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Grammar

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join