It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[!HOAX!] Pic of UFO very close range. [!HOAX!]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Well she said the following.

It made ZERO sound, no propeller, no buzz, no hum. At first she said she though it was a "floater" like the grey dots your eyes see sometimes but when she looked again it was getting closer. She got her camera and as it came lower (about 50 ft lower) she took a picture. It would go lower and higher over buildings without any sound.

It seemed like she was looking at a shadowed object. No detail could be made out and rather like when you see the eye "floaters" some people get.

She went through her house with her husband and out the other side and in the time it takes to get through the house about 8 - 10 second it was too far away to get a pic of it. So it must of sped up. However, two of her neighbors saw it the previous week in the Downs (the Downs are a set of Hills in the South of England) but did not get a pic.

She took another pic of it from the other side of the house but it did not show up on the camera so it was too far away.

She passed the camera to me and I downloaded it onto my external drive.

thats about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Well the EXIF data is there too see. I thought that could tell if it was photo-shopped.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
clearly photoshopped.

look at the distorsions around the object.

Cut and pasted and blended.

If it was a real photo it wouldn't have that nonsensical lines around that are from a clear cut and paste.

Come on guys...based on the EXIF data provided it does not appear that photoshop was used to paste that thing in there.

That doesnt mean that it's not a hoax, it just means they didnt photoshop it in.

***Note it is possible to alter EXIF data these days. Then again Im no expert, so dont take my word for it.

edit on 2-10-2010 by noisemedia because: Added a little blurb, see: ***

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by L1U2C3I4F5E6R

L1U2C3I4F5E6R.....

Thank you MR Maybe...maybe not.

You are very welcome!

What do you think it is?

I don't know.....I've been looking at it for a little while.

Either the shape is not circular, or the edges are blurred / obscured by vapour, cloud, etc... There is also a "streak" across the underside of the object.

I've been cleaning my monitor so that I can try to see any "streaks" or "marks" that might indicate the photo was taken through a window. I can't see any "streaks" or "marks" to indicate that might be the case.

I don't know what any of the data really means?

The actual description of the data therein is not so difficult.

The issue is more the general interpretation of what it might really indicate pertaining to the photo.

We need someone like my friend CHRLZ to have a look at this.

May I send the photo to him?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 2-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
clearly photoshopped. look at the distorsions around the object.Cut and pasted and blended.If it was a real photo it wouldn't have that nonsensical lines around that are from a clear cut and paste.

DaRAGE.....

As per my earlier post.....

Unfortunately, you cannot draw that conclusion in that manner.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Of course you can send the pic to your friend.

I really want to know what this may be.

It was not taken through a window by the way. That is the back of her house a large gravel yard where they park their cars and motorbikes.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

L1U2C3I4F5E6R.....

Of course you can send the pic to your friend.

OK.....

I have sent CHRLZ a U2U & I await his reply.

I am not suggesting CHRLZ is the only member who is clever with such things, but I do find his method of explanation & strong knowledge to be very useful & interesting.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I am most intrigued to know what someone else thinks.

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by L1U2C3I4F5E6R

I am most intrigued to know what someone else thinks.
Thank you!

L1U2C3I4F5E6R.....

You are very welcome!

I hope we can come up with some useful ideas & comments for you & your sister.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
possibly a kite?

the telephone wire - does it connect to the house?

edit on 2-10-2010 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Looking at it and doing the best size comparison I can guess at the object appears to be maybe 12" round and by the look of the way it's edges form then taking into account of the look of the day from the photo I'm guessing it's a metallic helium kids birthday balloon without the weight to hold it down so floating on a horizontal way.

Those balloons tend to not more edged than round with small creases leading up to the edges.

You mention the hill in the south of England, well when I lived in Marlow in Buckinghamshire the wind between the hills could do some funky stuff, empty carrier bags would be picked up and whipped across the sky at all angles when there was a bit of wind.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
If you DONT zoom in, and just have a really careful look at the near edge of the object, it looks sort of rounded, as if the edge is a curve rather than a true edge. Diffucult to judge the size of it though.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c2be0da9542.jpg[/atsimg]

What he said

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

a possibility?

sorry i am not sure how to post the pic on here properly

edit on 2-10-2010 by GummB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

If you had taken the time to READ the thread a little before posting, you would see it's not really photoshopped. The exif data is provided.

If you really want to know more about UFO's, which is what this is, then you might want to read a thread a little more than just the main post. Many times a lot of good info follows.

OP good pic! I would say it's a UFO because it's an unidentified flying object, that doesn't mean alien just unidentified.

I wonder what it is too. It is fairly small. When I see ones like this I wonder if they could be some sore of camera thing that records people. I dont know why I think that but it just comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Mblahnikluver.....

It's OK.....

The Cripman is with us!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Looking at the pic my first thought was it's possibly a mylar balloon. I've blown it up zeroed in and thne done a negative on it and I'm not quite so sure now. Maybe someone with a deeper knowledge can explain this. If it was a mylar balloon it is reflecting the light around it right? That is the light we are seeing is the dull grey from the a surrounding sky? However, if you use the negative feature on it, the sky remains , pretty much the same, whereas the object turns white? Would this not suggest that that is because it is absorbing light not merely reflecting it back?

I'm having problems uploading the pic at the moment so try this for yourself. Turn the pic to negative. Then look at the object and then look at the windows of the houses. Note how the windows look virtually the same colour as the sky in the negative image. That is, they are f reflecting back the sky so are the same colour. Then look at the object it is wholly white same as the walls of the houses which absorb light not reflect it. If it was a mylar balloon surely it should be far more like the sky, as it is a reflecting it back, than the house's walls which absorb light?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

strange I have seen a lot of UFO Hoax photos. This is a pretty interesting shot.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by noisemedia

WE ARE NOT SEEING ALL OF THE EXIF DATA. Please note the scroll bar on the image showing the exif data.

reply to post by EsSeeEye

I have been through many of my own photos at high magnification and they do not exhibit two different pixel sizes. All of the data in my own pictures is written with ONE pixel size.

edit on 10-2-2010 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I highly doubt that is a real UFO... The one I saw hovering over town in July looked nothing like that one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join