It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato's Secret Armies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I found this interesting story about secert armies that were left in Europe as a stay behind incase of a soviet invasion. The story comes from a book called 'Natos secert armies'.Many countries were involved including , Germany, Belgium, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Greece, Luxemburg and even neutral countries like Switzerland,sweeden,finland and Austria, This story involves c.i.a ,the fighting against communist and socalist groups trying to destablize Nato ,left wing right wing bombings of italian public sites to cause the people to look for goverment help and also for the people to give away freedom on security issues.The jailing of General Vito Miceli, former Italian military secret service director, saying in protest:
"I have gone to prison because I did not want to reveal the existence of this super secret organization. And now Andreotti....tells....parliament!"
It has everything you could think of!! and is a conspirators wet dream

here are some juicy bits

Named "Gladio" (Latin for double-edged sword), NATO's armies remained secret until August 1990, when then Prime Minister Giulio Andreotti confirmed Italy's participation in testimony before a Senate subcommittee investigating terrorism

The reason was quite simple. They were supposed to force these people, the Italian public, to turn to the state to ask for greater security. This is the political logic that lies behind all the massacres and the bombings which remain unpunished, because the state cannot convict itself or declare itself responsible for what happened."

In 2000, the Italian Senate was more explicit, saying:

"Those massacres, those bombs, those military actions had been organized or promoted or supported by men inside Italian state institutions and, as had been discovered more recently, by men linked to the structures of United States intelligence," meaning CIA mainly.

Former director William Colby admitted in his memoirs that covert western armies were a major CIA initiative, begun post-WW II, and restricted "to the smallest possible coterie of the most reliable people, in Washington (and) NATO" to keep the initiative secret.

"These organisations (sic) operated and continue to operate completely outside the law since they are not subject to any parliamentary control....call(ing) for a full investigation into the nature, structure, aims and all other aspects of these clandestine organisations."

Only Italy, Belgium and Switzerland did them, the GHW Bush administration not commenting when it was preparing for war against Iraq, fearing it might harm its alliance.

Gladio, however, was real, designed like Winston Churchill's British Special Operations Executive (SOE) - to help anti-Nazi resistance forces carry out insurgencies in occupied territories. After NATO's 1949 creation, the so-called Clandestine Committee of the Western Union (CCWU) was secretly integrated into its operations, by 1951 called the Clandestine Planning Committee (CPC).

I love this sort of stuff, thanks for your time guys!! my question is ; do you think there could still be secert armies around europe?? would these really be disbanded or would they be kept up to this day?

guys there is a lot!! more information at the link with information on every single countries army,not to mention a super site in the link.
by steve lendman

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
are you kidding me, disbanded they will never be. actually, they run more rampant today, their numbers are probably in the millions now.

link? source? i don't have any, if i did it wouldn't be a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
are you kidding me, disbanded they will never be. actually, they run more rampant today, their numbers are probably in the millions now.

link? source? i don't have any, if i did it wouldn't be a conspiracy.

Thanks or the reply buddy,i agree it would make no sense to disband. I was thinking the very same myself.
i have to laugh at the link thing myself, proper conspiracy in this age has no links at all

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Just today I was reading about Aldo Moro. Project Gladio is mentioned many times especially in connection with Red Brigades. I'm afraid that current state of affairs regarding such clandestine and illegal operations will (partially) surface after twenty years, when thinks little bit cool down. But IMHO it is of necessity to study such past state sponsored violations of law and common sense to understand present and future events.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad2
Just today I was reading about Aldo Moro. Project Gladio is mentioned many times especially in connection with Red Brigades. I'm afraid that current state of affairs regarding such clandestine and illegal operations will (partially) surface after twenty years, when thinks little bit cool down. But IMHO it is of necessity to study such past state sponsored violations of law and common sense to understand present and future events.

I was just thinking out loud with my question,that was not my point in posting.my point was if the community would like a look,thats all.
Thanks for your reply,i dont agree ..the past shows a lot of the future.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad2

thank you very much for the link

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Evidence suggests that recruitment and operations methods differed greatly from country to country. The research project into NATO’s secret armies that is being undertaken by the Center for Security Studies at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, and is headed by myself, has collected and published the available country-specific evidence in the first English-language book on the topic, entitled NATO's Secret Armies: Operation Gladio and Terrorism in Western Europe (London and New York: Frank Cass [www.tandf.co.uk/books], 1 January 2005, 300 pages). In a second step, the project is working on gaining access to declassified primary documents, while encouraging discussion among NATO officials, secret services and military officials, and the international research community in order to clarify the strategy, training, and operations of the stay-behind armies

Here is more on recruitment of soldiers,i have lots more and ill post for anybody is interested.

the puzzling story of nato secert army

edit on 15/8/2010 by johnny c because: missing link

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny c

the secert ring masters of Gladio

Gladio by Allan Francovich
BBC Timewatch (1992)

Episode 1 - The Ring Masters
Episode 2 - The Puppeteers
Episode 3 - The Foot Soldiers

BBC series about a far-right secret army, operated by the CIA and MI6 through NATO, which killed hundreds of innocent Europeans and attempted to blame the deaths on Baader Meinhof, Red Brigades and other left wing groups. Known as 'stay-behinds' these armies were given access to military equipment which was supposed to be used for sabotage after a Soviet invasion. Instead it was used to in massacres across mainland Europe as part of a CIA Strategy of Tension. Gladio killing sprees in Belgium and Italy were carried out for the purpose of frightening the national political classes into adopting U.S. policies. Director Allan Frankovich

Series Editor - Roy Davies - BBC 1992

exellent program about the real james bonds with the real licences to kill

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Great thread,op! S&F
I have that book myself and that documentary.It's frighting how far are self-proclaimed "democratic."governments will go to maintian their power.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Great thread,op! S&F
I have that book myself and that documentary.It's frighting how far are self-proclaimed "democratic."governments will go to maintian their power.

Heya Mike,thank you very much for taking a look,i love learning about stuff like this ,it really opens your eyes to our great goverments[great pack of assholes,lol] . It really is shocking to think how sick they will carry on.
They really have no limit at all. Licence to kill or what? Traders of the highest order

Even to this day people are framed in jail.

Thanks pal for the star and flag and kind words

I will have to get the book myself,thanks for the idea

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
anyone out there? man things have being slow lately

join