It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taser firm boss in Moat row is found dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Taser firm boss in Moat row is found dead

www.independent.co.uk

The director of operations of the firm which supplied the Tasers used during the stand-off with gunman Raoul Moat has died in a suspected suicide, his firm said tonight.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted. I did search and found nothing.

With all the theories surrounding the hunt for Moat and the subsequent revelations of possible breaches of the firearms act, I think this story will only add to the conspiracy cloud.

Personally, at the moment I'm not decided if this is either a simple case of suicide or something more sinister. Time will tell as further details come to light.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/10/10 by chukka because: Spelling/syntax

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I just don't know if I can see the connection...

Granted I am from the US so maybe there's more to the story on your side of the pond, but unless there's a larger, more sinister web of conspiracy involved (please do tell!) then maybe this is just a suicide. Sometimes folks in high places off themselves for the same reason us proles do it: Depression, lost love, finances, etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I thought it was slightly unfair that the full force of the law came down so hard solely on the suppliers. Are police officers not supposed to be clued up on what is legal and what isn't?

Seriously I blame the police for using them. They had plenty of the legal tasers on standby and plenty of automatic assault rifles to boot. There was no need to use the X-rep, and this guy may have been informed he was about to lose his license and his business would be finished by the time the prosecution process was finished.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think the problem might have been that he has lost his business, and I'm guessing would have been losing his home / car and everything else in the near future as his business license was revoked

Mrs May revoked Pro-Tect's licence after inquiries revealed it supplied the Tasers, which should have only been supplied to the Home Office Science and Development Branch (HOSDB), directly to police. The firm also breached the rules "governing the secure transport of the devices and ammunition", the Home Office said.

new topics

top topics

join