It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
LOL... This is dry, British humor ---entertainment at its best. Wow.

It's absolutely ABSURD in a strange, self-defeating kind of way. But, I bet you'll remember this for a long time.

But, if you choose not to remember this ad, there is absolutely "no pressure."

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Essentially, classic Orwellian doublespeak.

agenda: as in the Liberal Agenda... used to discredit laws or programs sought after by the left by adding the feel of conspiracy and ill will to the venture.
www.sourcewatch.org...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Comply or Die.

Make your children comply or they will die.

That is the message of the Eco terrorists who made this terrorist threat.

*I wonder how long before nationalist dictator gets elected and rounds up these nutcases who already speak of purging their enemies....

edit on 2-10-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

Just terrible. I have seen playgrounds spontaneously combust during the past 6 or 7 years but I just can't believe that had anything to do with the weather. The sun just got too hot for the materials they were made of and they went up in flames, at least a dozen of them. Luckily no children were burned to crisps.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Shock value sells, doesn't it? It got our attention, anyway.

Obviously the interpretation of the message in this video is specific to the viewer.
Most will see it as: "10:10 or we'll kill you!" Paranoid enough?
Here's a hint: the paranoia set in long before this video hit the scenes.
Here's another hint: this "propaganda" isn't the propaganda we should be worried about.

So, yea... my interpretation: cut carbon emissions or we might explode, but only metaphorically. The button is in our hands, so to speak. Whether or not global warming is a myth, why risk it?

100 years from now we'll say one of the following:
A) Ahh, that wasn't so bad. Why all the hysteria?
B) Whew! Thank God we decided to act instead of debate.
C) OMG I'm melting! I'm melting! Ahhhh! If only... coulda.... shoulda.... woulda....

edit on 2-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias

Suicide bombing is an attention grabber.

So it makes sense that murdering children as a threat would also do likewise.

Czech Physicist Luboš Motl condemns the vile people who made this threat:

It was the choice of the 10:10 movement to openly promote genocide. They are not just promoting it….they are planning it. They are genuinely planning ways how to reduce the global CO2 emissions by 10% a year. And indeed, genocide similar to what they present in the video is the only plausible way how something of the sort may be achieved.

The CIA, FBI, and others should go after the neck of the inhuman scum behind the 10:10 movement and those who harbor them. These people are a genuine threat not only for your well-being but for your health (or life), too.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
People are still believing that global warming hysteria?

People don't care about facts anymore.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Suicide bombing is an attention grabber.

So it makes sense that murdering children as a threat would also do likewise.

Czech Physicist Luboš Motl condemns the vile people who made this threat:

It was the choice of the 10:10 movement to openly promote genocide. They are not just promoting it….they are planning it. They are genuinely planning ways how to reduce the global CO2 emissions by 10% a year. And indeed, genocide similar to what they present in the video is the only plausible way how something of the sort may be achieved.

The CIA, FBI, and others should go after the neck of the inhuman scum behind the 10:10 movement and those who harbor them. These people are a genuine threat not only for your well-being but for your health (or life), too.

www.prisonplanet.com...

This was a poor choice of scripting, in my opinion; but I find it hard to believe that this video was intended to promote the murder of school kids or genocide to reduce emissions. I'm not saying it can't be interpreted that way, which obviously it can, but I've also learned that people are going to see/hear what they want to see/hear.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
People are still believing that global warming hysteria?

People don't care about facts anymore.

Give me empirical evidence any day.

So what does melting ice, hotter temperatures and horrific storm patterns indicate.

Global (not) warming? Global cooling?

Wait, wait....I know this one!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Exactly. The nonbelievers of Global Warming will find anything that promotes the idea of GW and attack it to the fullest extent. Doesn't matter if something makes sense or even factual, they'll attack it.

The truth is, nobody knows if Global Warming is true or not and no one knows if we are causing it, but there is enough evidence to show the Planet is indeed getting warmer. Did we cause it? That's up for debate. Are we doing anything to help it? Not really, instead, many are making millions by exploiting it. It's about Guilt. Make our fellow men and women feel guilty by causing GW and to make up for it, it's going to involve a bit of $$$.

I believe in Climate Change and believe this planet is in a cycle. I also believe we are causing an unnatural evolutionary process of the planet due to pollution, oil damage, fossil fuels, dumping nuclear wastes, and beyond. But is it causing the planet to increase in warmth?

I don't know. And neither does anyone on this website.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

.... but I've also learned that people are going to see/hear what they want to see/hear.

Wow, your argument is awesome. Well thought out:

'You did not see what you saw, you saw what you wanted to see. Durr Hurr'

Implying that everyone wanted to see children being murdered in a threatening video.....

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

It must be a humour thing....Brit v American. I thought it was typical schlock/slapstick. There are a few examples....

I didnt feel threatened by this in the least. Perhaps their mistake was to have someone push the button, rather than to have them spontaneously explode. If they exploded then they would be dying through their own ignorance. If the message is that there's no more room on the planet for people who refuse to take responsibility for their consumption (America - have you ratified the Kyoto protocol yet?), then they didnt make it that well.

Whether you believe in climate change or not, I love this as an example of how important it is not to get carried away with the creative concept on virals. I think these guys thought that by getting big names they'd get the right result. Bet they had doubts but noone wanted to say no to richard curtis and the big name director.

edit on 2-10-2010 by stellify because: just because I can...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
"Many people found the resulting film extremely funny"

Does this mean I have no sense of humor

I've watched this 6-7 times and I'm unable to find anything to make me chuckle unfortunately, however I find myself currently unconvinced of taking action in this apparent 'climate change'.

"Hundreds of thousands of people, schools, businesses, hospitals, movie stars"

Well then, I am completely motivated now that I've learned movie stars are participating. Yes!

edit on 2-10-2010 by la vie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
omg outrageous?
was this aired at all?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This ad has achieved what it set out to do and that is get coverage, it was aimed to shock that's the point. By having it banned more people are going to download it and distribute across the internet resulting most likely that more people will watch it in the end. It's created the stir and have people taking notice. It should be rated R but really is this any worse than any other horror flick?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by la vie
"Many people found the resulting film extremely funny"

Does this mean I have no sense of humor

No it means you are right in the head.

Feels goods eh.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

What's "right in the head"? What's normal?

Censorship fan?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Nice film
Propaganda is just one form of terror and it is natural to expect that it readily may transform into another. Actually it seems to be quite trivial idea, Was there similar episode in South Park?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Conform bot sez:

C O N F O R M

or die, no pressure...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by farben

Yeah it was called Spontaneous Combustion, was a heat wave going through south park and they said it was due to methane gas, so people started holding it, and began to explode...

Randy saves the town with you must fart in moderation...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join