It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPLODING SCHOOL CHILDREN : Global Warming Propaganda Campaign Backfires

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

And while it is manipulative to a level that would make both Anthony Robbins and Leni Riefenstahl green eyed with envy...it's also very typical british humor. For comparison, here's Monty Python's skit on organ donation.

I am familiar and a big fan of Python. This can not be brushed off so easily though. A quick look at the comments from 10:10 supporters themselves and the gravity of what they have done starts to sink in. They have done enormous damage that will set them back many years.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

The Earth is estimated to have existed for about 4.5 BILLION Years . In that time , I am sure Carbon in it's Atmosphere was Many times Greater than it is today . Modern Man , by Nature a Parasitic Animal , has existed for about a Million Years, in witch time he has exploited the Natural Resources of this Planet to the best of his abilities without somehow destroying it's Ecosystem . My Point is this , The Earth will Still be here LONG After Man as a Species becomes Exstinct , and no matter how much Impact he has on his Enviorment , Life here will Adapt and continue to thrive . Climate Change is a Natural Event , and those that would attribute Man as the Main Cause are Sorely lacking in Logic .

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

WOW! That was disturbing.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If you didn't know, the music on the ad is by Radiohead, who are known for their passionate views regarding climate change, so it wouldn't surprise me if they also helped fund it.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Yes...

These are the famous "hockey-stick plots" released by the IPCC. As you can see, they paint an alarming picture of the last 140 years.

On a several thousand-year scale...

...we can begin to see that abrupt climate change is nothing new. Also that in the past we have been both MUCH warmer and colder than now.

On a 500 thousand year scale...

Cycles of warm and cold periods become very clear. They are also MUCH warmer and colder than we are now.

I suppose the climate movement back then was very successful.

The next time I hear that ALL THE DATA points to.... I will explode. They mean all the data collected since records began. Since records began! That must have been a long long time ago. Well for the UK it was 1914 (for the MET office). The England and Wales Precipitation series, which measures rainfall and snow, goes back to 1766, and the Central England Temperature series, which covers the temperature from the south Midlands to Lancashire, is the longest-running record in the world, dating from 1659. This is still a VERY short timespan for making claims on climate.

Also notice how co2 levels rise and fall AFTER the temperature rises and falls.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Pentothal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Sigh ......... I Agree , Guess we both just gotta " Tell It To The Mountain " until SOME People wake the Puck Up , eh ?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Typical hypocrite behind it all. The writer a Mr Richard Curtis apparently has three houses and four children. Perhaps he ought to practice what he preaches and 'dispatch' 2 or 3 of his own kin and give away a couple of his houses!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Youtube user quote:
acts17v11 (4 minutes ago)
By the way, I started watching this with my two ten year old boys, thinking it would be some harmless, fun video. They screamed when the first kids got blown up and ran out of the room absolutely petrified and wanting to vomit. Are you proud of that? Morons.

If they wanted to promote their beliefs then they have failed.

Wow! That parent must be peeved, to say the least, and for good reason. The producers could have at least added a warning at the beginning saying "Contains graphic content: Viewer discretion is advised"... like.. you know... how its done with EVERYTHING else that contains anything even remotely graphic, violent, vulgar, or whatever else people are sensitive too.

The only belief I'm seeing promoted in this video is one saying that you're allowed to detonate someone if they don't want to follow your views, hereby killing them, without any fear of being held accountable to your crime.

It also shows that those promoting this message don't give a flying [f-bomb] about your views on the subject should they differ with theirs. "Yeah... ok.. that's fine! You're allowed your opinion.... BOOOM!" That blatant disregard is archaic to say the least.

It's a disgusting "message". I mean, I'm all for saving the planet and everything, but this is just ludicrous. Yes we're screwing up the planet, that much is pretty certain. But what about all of the evidence saying otherwise? What about those "leaked emails" proving falsified data? This video should have promoted a discussion and awareness on the whole subject, entice the viewers to learn more on the subject... Oh wait. I forgot... People aren't supposed to think for themselves.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

And if we do not believe you will kill us and stamp upon our brains singing hallelujah!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I mean thats kind of serious though dont you think? Those who dont work with the global community to preserve that global community are pretty much saying they dont care about its survival and are therefore willing to kill us for them to just be lazy... it really isnt a joke. accept to me its more the people pushing the buttons on themselves.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I downloaded and reuploaded it. It will take time for them to find it through the copyright component.
Saved on my computer too.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Perhaps there is some other meaning to the 10:10 thing than just a time. Perhaps this refers to a false flag event that will take place on this unusual time of 10/10/2010.

I am taking a stab in the dark I know but what if there is some kind of event planned for 10/10 and this video was a warning of the up coming violence. Perhaps even something with an environmental message.

wayoutthere I know.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
From what I could find through a google search, it is a spoof video, created by Minnesotans for Global Warming.

It's basically............ a HOAX.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wow, talk about subtle huh?

While I guess that they were trying to be comical, it really does just come across as grotesque and unnecessary.

The message that it sends ( joke or not) is join us or we will kill you.... Which is not a good message to spread. Failed marketing at best, disturbing propaganda/fear tactic at worst.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Can you give a link to that information?
I have them linked and I have not seen that come from them.

Also, here is the 10 10 site-www.guardian.co.uk...

edit to add, did you miss the part where they had the actress from the X Files?

Yeah, some guys from YouTube had enough money to pay an actress like her to be part of it.
Yep righto.

also-

From the 1010uk website: "With climate change becoming increasingly threatening, and decreasingly talked about in the media, we wanted to find a way to bring this critical issue back into the headlines whilst making people laugh. We were therefore delighted when Britain's leading comedy writer, Richard Curtis - writer of Blackadder, Four Weddings, Notting Hill and many others – agreed to write a short film for the 10:10 campaign. Many people found the resulting film extremely funny, but unfortunately some didn't and we sincerely apologise to anybody we have offended. As a result of these concerns we've taken it off our website. We won't be making any attempt to censor or remove other versions currently in circulation on the internet."

SO it looks like your CLAIM of a HOAX is total BULL.

edit on 1-10-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That was simply amazing.

I think some individuals are a bit uptight about the video but it's not surprising as it seems anything involving Global Warming gets a certain group of folks worked up to a point of exploding out of stress like the ones in the video

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Mm, interesting thought...thanks.

second line

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Hopefully it will be banned and that will be the end of that.

I was just wondering what effect it would have on children, then I read an earlier post which describes how her children had been really upset.

This is pure evil. I had heard that the eco-warrirors were supported by the Illuminati. Now I am convinced that is true.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Dumb video.

Dumb approach.

Ironic that the expectation is to respect the planet, yet nonchalantly blowing up people is perfectly acceptable.

Idiots.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've just had a thought. Perhaps this is ostensibly about climate, but perhaps the real intent is psyops - the message: We are powerful. We will kill you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join